It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My first album: Electropogenic

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Today I have completed my first album, which I have been working on since the end of last year. As you can tell from the title of it, it is electronic music. I don't really have a specific subgenre for it because a variety of them are apparent throughout the album. I'm hoping those who like electronic music will enjoy this.

Listen and download it on Soundcloud: soundcloud.com...

My top 5 tracks (in my opinion):
1. Ultraviolet Pigments
2. Biocelestial
3. Meow Milk
4. Sudowoodoscience
5. Uncrustacean

(Soundcloud description)

ALBUM ART: Oh, look a colorful cat.
NAME: Anthropogenic means "derived from humans." Electropogenic hopefully means "derived from electronics." edit: Electropo would be a mix of electro and anthropo, so I guess it makes sense it's a mix of electronic and human origin.

ABOUT THE TRACKS:
Horse Dover is a misspelling/mispronunciation of "hors d'ouvre," which means appetizer. It is much different than most of the music on the album.

The next four tracks I composed for my LittleBigPlanet levels. But, I found them long and suitable enough to be actual songs. "Raining Cats" is pretty crazy and somewhat reminds me of the Oriental levels from Crash 3. "Drippy" is calm and can probably cure insomnia. I think that's a good thing. "Sudowoodoscience" is one of my favorites. "A Train to Catch" is an upbeat track that I also like.

"Intermission" divides the LittleBigPlanet music I did and the music done for the purpose of the album. You might be surprised by the large sound of this.

"The Name's Microsoft Anna" is a weird song that does not represent me, but represents Microsoft Anna, who is insentient.

"Ultraviolet Pigments" is my favorite. If songs could paint a house, this one would paint it very colorful.

"Vernix" is the longest one. I'm pretty sure it's electronic rock for most of it.

"She Wants the D" is an interlude. It is a reference to D major, not a penis.

"Meow Milk" is cool. It has lots of bass. lots. I'd say it is drum and bass because it has drums and lots of bass. Might be my second favorite track.

"Brevity" is another interlude.

"Chocolate-Dipped Frog Delicacies" is also cool. This, along with "Meow Milk," contradict my statement a long time ago that I don't make music that could be played at raves or clubs or whatnot. lel.

"Crabs" is a weird interlude.

"Uncrustacean" is one of my favorites. It is ambient and reminds me of Boards of Canada.

"Biocelestial" is also one of my favorites. It is space music if I'm not mistaken. It was well received on Soundcloud when I uploaded it a month ago.

"Meowbye" can be saved for after you've listened to the whole album. Just.... do as I say or I will not allow you to listen to it. That is how sacred it is.

edit on 7-6-2013 by catswithbigpaws because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by catswithbigpaws

Hey, good job, Josh!

I am listening to it as I type and am enjoying it so far.

ETA: The voice on Microsoft Anna is difficult to discern and I find it hard to make out the words on my computer. Ultraviolet Pigments is good, although Vernix is clearing out the brain cobwebs and it feels like fun.
edit on 7-6-2013 by aboutface because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thanks for feedback; I'm glad you like it!

Microsoft Anna is a very silly song with lyrics coming from the perspective of Microsoft in a non-serious way. I have Windows 7, and I enjoy it, so I don't have anything against Microsoft. It also makes fun of Apple, and I do have a Mac which I like. It makes fun of Democrats, which I am against, but I'm still a liberal.

Here's the lyrics for Microsoft Anna.

edit on 7-6-2013 by catswithbigpaws because: (no reason given)

join