It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

House Votes to Defund Obama’s Illegal Executive Order For The DREAM ACT

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by elouina

Originally posted by muse7

This is not a matter of on the job training, Obama is an arrogant imperialist. I suspect that he is not going to leave office voluntaringly. Not now and not when his 4 years are up either.

And thank you for letting us know about your ingrained irrational beliefs.

And look where this is coming from .
You just happen to be speaking to a psychic, and I have warned you all about Obama before the election. I wanted to puke the day he won. How the US citizens react to these recent scandals can seal your fate. You can stand with him and lose everything, or you can stand with us and restore the US. I have mentioned this elsewhere in some posts, and likely in more detail, but here is one particular thread.

Calling All Psychics

Oh and thanx to Obama's ineptitude, you will get to see the first missle on the continental US. Fortunately the one that I see is a dud. But there could be others. Well, I mean there are others that aren't duds. But the timeline for those is much later. I suppose his ineptitude could have contributed to those also. Things will be hazy until much closer to the date.
edit on 7-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

Wait, I seem to remember in another thread you saying that you supported Obama in 2008. Psychic???

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Ok I have been looking into this and I can't seem to find an aswer, I have a very close friend of mine who is an immigrant, who is for lack of a better word illegal, she applied for a DACA, which is part of the DREAM ACT, She had to get the courage to pretty much let the Government know she has been living in this country illegally since she was 9, and she just turned 31, she has a college degree and is a contributing member of society. Her DACA was accepted, meaning she couldn't be deported. The point of this is she had to register with documented proof that she is living illegally in the United States, and if this gets defunded and the next step would be repealed what will happen to her and the other folks who took the leap of faith so to speak.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sheepherder91
Ok I have been looking into this and I can't seem to find an aswer, I have a very close friend of mine who is an immigrant, who is for lack of a better word illegal, she applied for a DACA, which is part of the DREAM ACT, She had to get the courage to pretty much let the Government know she has been living in this country illegally since she was 9, and she just turned 31, she has a college degree and is a contributing member of society. Her DACA was accepted, meaning she couldn't be deported. The point of this is she had to register with documented proof that she is living illegally in the United States, and if this gets defunded and the next step would be repealed what will happen to her and the other folks who took the leap of faith so to speak.

They will probably get deported and can come back legally like all our other immigrants.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Now...Seeing as the President did not do anything illegal, and nothing that other Presidents haven't done thousands of times..issuing directives via executive orders on how to enforce existing laws...

It seem to me what the GOP did was send a symbolic EF You to the hispanic community.

Goog luck with that in the next election. How's that attitude been working out for them thus far?

BTW - My bad...It was not an Executive Order...

The President did not create a new law, sign an executive order or grant anyone citizenship or amnesty, he merely directed DHS to exercise discretion to grant deferred action to qualified immigrant youth—an action that is well within his power as President.

Putting aside ridiculous critiques from fringe groups (think “dictator, tyranny, treason”), others have mischaracterized Obama’s administration’s discretion directive as an “executive order” or “new law.”

immigrationimpact.com...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Glad to hear that at leas for once the good for nothing congress are using the constitution to show Obama that is a system of checks and balances within our poltiical system

I disagree with the dream act and no tax payer dollars should be use to push imigration reform in any way or form hidding behind of for the good of the "inocent" or the nation, that is crap, illegal means illegal plain and simple, how about using that tax payer dollars to help the millions of grads in debt that can not find a darn job in the nation and they are legal citizens and their parents hard working tax payers.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So you think kids who get dragged here by their parents as children, then live here all their life, should be kicked out of the country?!?
What's wrong with you?

Maybe if you guys had stood up against EOs in the past they wouldn't exist at all. Why wait until a man you dislike uses them.....
and really, have you guys read any of his EOs? I've read them all....
The only bad ones are ones that were already enacted by previous presidents.

FAR from tyrannical, and anyone saying that is a dumbass.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

that is crap, illegal means illegal plain and simple,

Except people are trying to change the law so they aren't illegal....
you know, so they aren't illegal....
edit on 7-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

No they should not be send back but their parents came here supposedly to get the American dream so now that they have it, they should be able to pay for the education of their illegal children, or perhaps the governmente of the country or birth could pay for that education, not legal American citizens

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No they should not be send back but their parents came here supposedly to get the American dream so now that they have it, they should be able to pay for the education of their illegal children, or perhaps the governmente of the country or birth could pay for that education, not legal American citizens

You seem to not understand the whole point of the legislation that is in the process of being passed.
It will ensure that they are documented....and therefore have to pay taxes.

YOU are the one who is helping them stay tax free, and YOU are causing the very same situation that you say you are against.

You guys need to think about issues, instead of following party lines.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Whish is easier?
UNIVERSITY or MILITARY?
two cents gets you the whole thing is about getting the needed manpower to fight the foriegn wars.....
The Us Citizen is hip to the scams after Iraq.....
So we can DREAM up a few battalions of foriegn born marines maybe?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

It'll be real easy to have a bunch of armed illegal mexicans take guns from law-abiding american citizens, also.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
So you think kids who get dragged here by their parents as children, then live here all their life, should be kicked out of the country?!?
What's wrong with you?

Maybe if you guys had stood up against EOs in the past they wouldn't exist at all. Why wait until a man you dislike uses them.....
and really, have you guys read any of his EOs? I've read them all....
The only bad ones are ones that were already enacted by previous presidents.

FAR from tyrannical, and anyone saying that is a dumbass.

If the kid's parents never broke the law or our immigration laws were enforced, these kids wouldn't even be here, never mind have grown up here. It has cost tax payers plenty for their education, healthcare etc. The parents along with their children should have been deported. We have laws for a reason. We have health and background checks for a reason.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   

that is crap, illegal means illegal plain and simple,

Except people are trying to change the law so they aren't illegal....
you know, so they aren't illegal....

You mean they are rewarding people who broke the law first by coming here or overstaying a visa, stealing an identity, using fraudulent documents etc. We don't reward the poor bank robber who needed money to care for his family do we?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   

You seem to not understand the whole point of the legislation that is in the process of being passed.
It will ensure that they are documented....and therefore have to pay taxes.

YOU are the one who is helping them stay tax free, and YOU are causing the very same situation that you say you are against.

You guys need to think about issues, instead of following party lines.

Have you spoken to many illegals yourself? You do realize that many have no intention whatsoever of becoming legal citizens right? Many save money to send home so that when they return they can live a good life in their own country. They do NOT want to be American. Some say they get so much more by being illegal.

With every amnesty come millions more hoping for the next one.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
It is plain and simple to me, I am not going to sugar coat it. If you are here illegally then you are breaking the law and should be deported. You can not reward people for breaking the law. If you can not take the proper steps to becoming a U.S. Citizen legally then you do not belong here.

Yes I understand some may have been here for years and have families here, but they know the risk and they took it to come here so they should not cry when its time to be deported.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
I am glad to see that the rest of the government, the people who are supposed to serve as a check and balance to executive powers, are finally doing something. But, I am sick of seeing politicians make decisions based on their political affiliations. That is something that needs to be done away with. If something is wrong or illegal, it is wrong or illegal, and anything else should not matter. I am complaining because politicians have not acted in the recent past when other members of the government have overstepped their bounds, yet they decide to act now. And I am worried that it is not because of the reasons that they give, but for some other reason, that most people do not know about. That is how politics works, for those who haven't figured it out. It is not about right and wrong the majority of the time, or for the majority of politicians.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Nobody is perfect. If my abilities were that phenomenal I would not be sitting here addressing folks at ATS at the moment. In 2008 I did not give a rats arse about politics. In fact it was my premonitions about Obama that got me started. Plus the time I had the premo about lotto numbers, if I would have remembered the darn things when I went to go play them, I could have hit for more than 5 numbers. I feel like I was cheated by fate.

I once did have a phenomenal type experience though. I predicted a major event down to the minute in front of a group of people. Yes, month, day, year, time, and every last detail.. Afterwards we were all traumatized. Yes me too, since this was too good even by my standards. We all could have prevented it, and most importantly, I had to relive it. I died along with those people during the premonition. Aka I saw it through their eyes. Anyways, it is amazing how they and myself reacted after this. It was remarkable, but would never get out since we all too busy coping. As I told them at the time of my premonition, there are some things people should not know.

So there is no need to be nasty about this. I get what is spoon fed to me not when I seek it. I have seen things upcoming that you would never want to know. And you won't. I accidentally told this particular event to that same group earlier by accident. It's hard to explain but in my relaxed post op state, I accidentally went into a major premo event and the entire staff rushed into the room with me. They took in every last detail. And I single handedly ruined the psyches of every last medical professional there, They were all my friends, and I lost them. You see I had this surgery in the same building I worked in. But afterwards they were so traumatized, they could never look me in the eye again. I told them to shut their surgeries down at 8 AM of the day of the first event, and they listened. After it happened at the minute that I said it would, I went outside for a cigarette. They all surrounded me like I was a guru. But that all changed to fear of the unknown. Where they worked at was known to be the best place to work in the network. But every last one left except for one person. The last was my best friend there, but you could tell that she was barely holding onto her sanity and finally left. I ruined their lives... Anyways, this is bringing back bad memories, so I need to stop. There are some things people should not know...Myself? I am used to all of this, and can handle it quite well. As long as I don't get any more with dates and times, that is.

And that dud missile I mentioned earlier? It was certainly a dud, but a LIVE dud. When it happens, get out of dodge since I didn't see what happened next.

edit on 8-6-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

"The point here is … the President does not have the authority to waive immigration law, nor does he have the authority to create it out of thin air, and he’s done both with these Morton memos in this respect,” King said.

I honestly laughed when I read this, and thought of the Thousands of people that are granted "amnesty" by Presidents in office.

In the United States, the pardon power for federal crimes is granted to the President of the United States under Article II, Section 2 of the United States Constitution which states that the President "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment." The Supreme Court of the United States has interpreted this language to include the power to grant pardons, conditional pardons, commutations of sentence, conditional commutations of sentence, remissions of fines and forfeitures, respites and amnesties.

The pardon power was controversial from the outset; many Anti-Federalists remembered examples of royal abuses of the pardon power in Europe, and warned that the same would happen in the new republic. Alexander Hamilton defended the pardon power in Federalist Papers, particularly in Federalist No. 74. In his final day in office, George Washington granted the first high-profile federal pardon to leaders of the Whiskey Rebellion.

Pardon

Constitutionally speaking, its all good.

Im just waiting for the big final laugh of Obama, when he grants all illegals in this Country, a "Pardon".......

S&F

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Oh yeah - eric holder's pardon is starting to work against him with the Marc Rich pardon that bill clinton signed at the end of his presidential run.

eric holder was well informed of marc rich and all of his tax liabilities - but didn't blink an eye when his comrade bill clinton pardoned him.

quid pro quo? Who made money off that arrangement? Did eric holder get any "gifts?"

Next scandal anyone?

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dianec
Didn't he receive proper on the job training? I'm just glad it's being brought to the publics attention.

May be a bit off topic but...
I would also add that it would be nice if they would stop spending tax payers money on vacations (20 mill and counting from what I've read), and God knows what other personal perks. So out of touch with what it's like to be an average American I'm not sure how they can truly represent "the people". Maybe be better off being the pres of Hollywood and elect someone who can stay grounded. I truly don't think politicians should be paid more than "the median" income. They get too power hungry and it leads to stuff like thinking your god and can pass laws when its clear its not allowed. I guess our forefathers failed to think this part through.

I'm not familiar enough with the particulars of the "DREAM Act", and so this may not apply in this case anyhow, but too often, I believe, people are too short-sighted about the way gov't spends money. Yes, there is plenty of waste, but there are things which are more beneficial and cheaper long-term. For example, funding "after school programs" for "at-risk" youths in a particular city may cost $10M annually, but, if eventually it adds up to 100 less prison inmates annually from that area because kids with crappy parents, influences, and situations have been guided off the criminal path, its probably a less-expensive, and better for society, proposition. $100M in "foreign aid" might mean $50B not spent executing air strikes and occupation down the road. Does the DREAM Act have some kind of benefit like that? Maybe, I don't know. Either it does, or its strictly for political gain (being measured as increased votes vs lost votes from the EO), or, it is done purposely to harm the nation (which, though i'm sure many buy into, I doubt.)

Regarding the vacations, I was a strong detractor of President Bush, but always defended him against those complaining about him always being on vacation. I want the president and his family pampered. I don't want him thinking, "man, that million dollar bribe would pay off my house and have us pretty well set up for the future." that is, quite literally, a big part of why such perks exist.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join