It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I need to know what just happened?!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   
As I write this I have just awoken. Let me paint the picture for you.
I fell asleep around 2200 hours (10 o'clock).
I'm staying on an army camp near reading in England.
I've not been back to this army camp in over a year, the last time I was here I would try every night to have an OBE or just find out what would happen.
I have just awoken startled, since I've been away from here I've never tried to enter any sort of trance state or achieve higher enlightenment, never. I thought I was sleeping then it was asif I was awake, there was a humming noise like that of something you would think a UFO would make. I was asleep but awake, I couldn't move and I couldn't open my eyes. I kept seeing these faces and shadows asif they were in my mind but they weren't its asif they were there in front of me. Eventually I managed to get up and the humming stopped, the guard dogs for the camp were barking and going crazy, and I have a ringing in my ears. I now can't sleep as I'm afraid.

Someone please tell me what has happened? Views and opinions.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

Sounds like sleep paralysis and hypnogognia with “exploding head” syndrome (a type of hypnogognia). You can wiki that stuff up and read further on it...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
It sounds like you had a bit of sleep paralysis. It can be alarming if this is your first one.
Sleep Paralysis

Have you ever felt like you were awake but unable to move? You might have even felt afraid but could not call for help? This condition is called sleep paralysis. Sleep paralysis may leave you feeling frightened, especially if you also see or hear things that aren't really there. Sleep paralysis may happen only once, or you may have it frequently -- even several times a night. The good news: sleep paralysis is not considered a dangerous health problem. Read on to find out more about sleep paralysis, its possible causes, and its treatment.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Thanks guys, hopefully now I can get some sleep. First time this has happened, scary!

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:25 PM
link   

definitely sounds like sleep paralysis. It can be very very scary.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Welcome to the sleep paralysis club!

Originally posted by iwan2ski
I posted the following on May 18th 2011 about my experiences in this subject:

post by iwan2ski

Three years ago, I had my first "Sleep Paralysis" episode, or at least that I can remember. While I constantly have lucid dreams ever since I was a child, I have no recollection of "SP" until three years ago when I was forced to take malaria pills prior to deploying to Afghanistan. The first couple versions of Lariam caused some GI's to go psycho, but we were told that the version we got was safe. Anyways, after a few days of taking the Lariam pills, I had my first "SP" episode which is why at first I linked it to the pills. However, it has been over three years now and I still have these episodes from time to time.

What really caught my attention to this thread was the description from some of you that are eerily similar to my experiences. In every episode I wake up in a sudden state of awareness to my surroundings. There is always a rustling of noise in the room, which a couple times I first thought was my dog pacing in the room or my cat going hyper and jumping and moving about. Sometimes I notice a low humming or vibration sound as well. There's always a feeling of some other presence in the room. This is when I start to freak out and decide to get up, but can't. I believe my eye's are opened because I can see stuff around the room but due to darkness in the room, it's difficult to make out what's moving around. I try with all my might to just scream or move my body but find it very difficult. Finally, after much struggling my fingers start to move, then my fists clench and I break through and sit up with a scream. Once I scared the hell out of my wife when I sat up screaming and it woke her up.

Most of my episodes happen around 3am, but not always. I also tend to see things from the corner of my eye when I'm awake. I'm not a paranoid person, but seem to attract the paranormal ever since I was young. My sister has told me many times that she thinks our mother, my oldest daughter and I are "Sensitives", which is weird since my oldest resembles me the most (my wife calls her my little female clone) and we both resemble my mother. All three of us have had experiences with ghosts or spirits and have become family stories we share with others.

So what does this mean? Is it the pills that caused my episodes to start (even though I'm told that all side affects should be out of my system by now), or is it connected to the many paranormal events that happen to me since I was young?

P.S. Also, since I was young, I have had experiences where I awoke (around 3am usually) to a noise. Once it was a strange mechanical bird like sounds from out my bedroom window, another time I was sleeping over a friends house and awoke to a sound of small stones constantly hitting the window. Another time I was at my in-laws house spending the night and a high pitched scream kept screeching from out side the window. I have about 5 other of these type of episodes and used to think I was being visited. When ever this happens, everyone else in the house are in a deep sleep and will not wake up even if I tried shaking them a bit. Has anyone else had similar experiences and ideas to what they think is going on?

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Yes, what you experienced was sleep paralysis. However, it isn't as you have been led to believe. Yes your consciousness is transitioned between states but to be more specific its actually transitioned between planes.

What i am saying is many people would have you believe that it is your mind hallucinating based on your fear of being in between states, but actually you are having fear projected at you due to the astral entities. Which is what I thought for a long time too. But you have to realize that the universe is separated by planes one of which is the physical and another is the astral.

Now i would agree that what they describe it as would be except for the little problem of both planes being affected. Aka they are noticed by animals and other conduits for energy are affected also, that and the fact that they do see you. Yes your mind does create fear and you can lead yourself to see something as real when it isn't.

Now I'm not saying what the many people who know of sleep paralysis are wrong, simply that the information that we received is disinformation. I don't mean to sound harsh if that's how it appears, as i am simply trying to tell you how the truth APPEARS to be. As in I don't know exactly how it is that way but i do know that it is not a hallucination, as it is presented to be. Because a hallucination would not have external repercussions.

"While the mind can mislead, its only if the mind is mislead". I mean that in every possible way.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I suppose it's what you believe happened, the "sleep paralysis" explanation could be disinformation. Or it could be sleep paralysis.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc
Thanks guys, hopefully now I can get some sleep. First time this has happened, scary!

Yes it is...

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

dogs barking? check out some of my posts i might have some answers for you

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Google on sleep paralysis....sounds up your alley here, based on description. (doh, can see many answered with the same...but that should then only reinforce the point...)

edit on 7-6-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Sleep paralysis is said to be the beginning stages of having an OBE. These scary entities that show up are like gatekeepers (for lack of a better term) to keep people from crossing into the astral plane that have no business there.
The key to getting past them is to show no fear and confront the beings with curiosity, or superiority over them. They will disappear, and you can continue your journey into the astral plane. But the extreme fear of seeing these things usually stops one in his tracks from proceeding, especially on the first encounter.

Another thing you mentioned was the humming and ringing in your ears. Also classic signs that go along with OBE's.

I have not had an OBE at will myself, but we all do when we sleep without remembering it sometimes.
Everything I have stated was told to me by a friend who has experienced this, and also many other people who have posted their experience with OBEs on ATS.

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
do dogs usually bark during sleep paralysis?

posted on Jun, 9 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

do dogs usually bark during sleep paralysis?

is that the sequel to do androids dream of electric sheep?

..why is this phenom. in general called "sleep paralysis" when we're constantly reporting encounters with entities?

..it's like an astronaut trying to report seeing a UFO or something

new topics

top topics

join