It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I've lurked for a while, and I have something to say

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   
So I have something I would like to say that I think will work both as an introduction and an insight to me as a person, bear in mind when reading this I am referring to the US, so here goes...

I realized today that our government, as with any government of the people, by the people, and for the people, is akin to an unruly teenager, as it always has been. As such, it is not only the right, but the sole responsibility of us, its citizenry, to act as its conscience, provide its accountability, and help it to reach its potential. We are essentially the caretakers of this government.

That said, we the people, have been shirking our duties to our charge. When the minority rule, the masses suffer, but when the masses rule, everyone prospers. We have, since the inception of this government been charged with its accountability, and have in times past, performed admirably in this task, we have performed as free thinking individuals, not believing everything that is sworn to us without researching proof for ourselves. This is no different than the way one would behave when their adolescent child tells them anything. They will believe what they know to be true from their own experience, and endeavor to elicit information from them when an unknown arises. In times past, the people we refer to as "liberal radicals" made up the majority of our society, and that was simply because we were free thinkers. Now, those who ask questions are labeled many things, when in the past, they were considered true patriots. I firmly believe those who question are the patriots that want the best both for and from their country and government. The recent scandals in congress are evidence that we still have the right to hold the government accountable for its actions, but they also show our simultaneous lack of concern for the issue. Most people are content to accept what the pet fox and peacock reveal as the whole truth. In the past, the newspaper was simply a guideline for discussion, a topic for debate among individuals who care about the world around them and the government among them. I say among them because the government, contrary to popular belief, is not an all knowing entity, nor is it the big brother some claim it to be, it is an unchecked system of unbalanced checks and balances in which we have failed to do our part.

That having been said as well, I am reaching out to all of you, each and every one of you out there, to assume the responsibility that so desperately needs an owner and stand up for this country without the chronic blindness that our self-consuming narcissism has driven us to in the recent decades, but with a sense of purpose, a knowledge that when we all work together, when we all question, when we all push for something better, as is our civic duty, we will become the governed people and the government we desire. There is a fourth branch of this government and we are it. I implore you all to take this to heart, to push for something better, because if we all keep shuffling around grumbling at our feet about how unfairly we are treated and worrying about our own lives only, one day we will look up to find that the world around us has changed, and the officer on the block is arresting people for blindly exercising the freedoms which we were once accustomed to but were taken from us while we remained complacent that everything will work itself out, and when that happens, there will be no chance of repair, no amends to be made, because all we will have left to lose is our lives. Please feel free to re-post this in whatever medium you feel it will reach others, in fact, I strongly encourage you to do so, because even if you feel this has nothing to do with you, perhaps the next person who reads it will. And to those who feel that public outcry and forced accountability doesn't work, look at any decade in the 1900's when the government tried to do something unethical in an inconspicuous or underhanded way. ALL of those incidents that happened that we managed to find out about were brought to an abrupt halt by public outrage or media whistle-blowing. It takes the words of one person to start an ideal, it takes the dedication of many to see it through.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jekka

First off, If today is the day the "veil" has been lifted off your eyes about the GOVT the congrats

Well written, And I may suggest, which was passed to me, that paragraphing is key for members to read your post, or they will just ignore you. It becomes difficult to read large articles without it.

welcome to the club and keep fighting the good fight.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Thanks for the advice, I will keep that in mind. Actually, this is something I wrote a few years ago, but I still feel it applies today,

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Jekka

hahahaah, never demean your on voice my friend, silence only defends injustice....

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jekka

glad you joined us.

Enjoy your stay.
-nat the vader cat-

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hi and welcome from the U.K.

'Power to the people, right on!'

We are many, they are few. Peaceful non compliance is the way forward, they don't have an answer for it. Violence is met head on with violence and they can play that game extremely well, too well perhaps?

In the meantime, let's paaaarrrty!!!

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Jekka

I agree with your post 100%

new topics

top topics

join