It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The PC nightmare continues. Are you surprised about Verizon giving up records? What about AT&T and

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I guess we all have to filter ourselves nowadays. Nope, not this kid. I am about as anti-PC as they come, though I am trying to be civil at least. No need to swear after all.

But this Verizon story has me wondering? Doesn’t anyone remember AT&T and Google doing pretty much the same thing? And then the story goes away.

Or Cable/Internet companies storing and sharing your surfing data?

We’ve been hearing this stuff for years now. And we’re still surprised? Give me a break.

Why is this news when we all know that NOTHING will be done about it?

It's all bread and circuses these days. Again.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This has actually been done in the past, and pretty much all providers do this. This recent action was just to extend the practice. Of course, no way do they have the manpower to have a human analyst go through it all, so it is just software looking for keywords and patterns, with the hits being followed up on.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
When the Boston bombing happened, they announced on CNN, that all phone calls could be gone over and examined. They mentioned this when they were going to examine the phone calls made from the wife of the older brother.
It didn't matter who the phone company was, it was applicable to all.

It sounded like they had a lot more than keywords. It sounded as though they could also retrieve content.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

It sounded like they had a lot more than keywords. It sounded as though they could also retrieve content.

I wouldn't doubt it at all. But I bad mouthed tha last Admin, why should I stop now when I feel that the current one is screwing up?

Who cares if I don't know the big picture that the Admin is seeing? I just know my tiny little slice of what I see and experiance.

Or maybe, I do see what the Admin is going for and don't like it. Why should that shut me up?

That is what the contenet of all these stories adds up to me. Just trying to shut us up. Make us complacent.
edit on 6-6-2013 by TDawgRex because: Just a ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I am just as tired of hearing these stories over and over again as well. I have run out of surprise...

Nevertheless, the story needs to be run over and over and over again. People generally learn through repetition. The majority of our minority realized from story number one that if one company is complicit in the gift-wrapping and presentation of our "data" than they all do it to some extent or another.

As sick as I am of hearing about it, it is important that the story be repeated for the denialists.. < (my word, I know it's not real)...

top topics

join