It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al-Rahma Islamic Centre destroyed in 'racist attack' (London)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

It was a somalian muslim who killed lee rigby.

Just for clarity and accuracy;
No it wasn't.

They were British born of Nigerian descent who converted to Islam.

ETA

I dont think the two people to burned that building down

How do you know two people burned that building down?
Nobody has been arrested......and in this country we have a little thing about being innocent until proven guilty!

And what was the point anyway!? What exactly were they looking to achieve?

Now this is only a guess but I suppose something along the lines of they are sick of Muslim extremism in this country and Muslim extremists carrying out terrorist attacks and killing British people - and maybe, just maybe though, also that if the government continue to refuse to do anytihng about addressing the issue then they will take matters into their own hands.

But I suppose that must have gone straight over your head.

I'm not condoning or even commenting, just seems pretty obvious to me - could be wrong though.

edit on 6/6/13 by Freeborn because: Add ETA

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

He was illustrating a point from a radical muslim view.

Come now, I think he was doing something more than just 'illustrating a point' - he was committing brutal, barbaric and cold blooded murder on a random stranger.

Seems to me that some people are more concerned about the burning down of an Islamic centre, as deplorable as that is, than they are over the murder of a person.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

People that are sick of extremism, go and commit their own terrorism. Very productive eh? Such a vicious and retarded circle this tit for tat, eye for an eye crap mentality. I am often embarrassed to be a member of the human race.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Just because I understand why doesn't mean to say that I agree.

But what would you have people do?
People are fed up of the activities of these extremists and the governments reluctance to take any sort of firm and robust action against them.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Well now soldiers are in the army for life. If you have served in the middle east then you will never be able to rest. Eye for an eye, . Advised not to wear army uniform in the uk in case it upsets some radical muslim. I suppose burning poppies was just the start. How tolerant we british are. Tolerant or morally dead.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   

If the time has come that violence is the only way, then that violence needs to be directed properly. Striking out at pawns accomplish nothing but further the goals of the madmen. When the time comes that violence is the only way, then the time has come to cut off the head of the snake. If the time comes to strike, you must strike at the puppetmasters. I am all out of simile inspiration, but I am sure you can catch my drift.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I agree, the government have done nothing in response, which just adds to the grievances of those on the far right and legitimates their own causes.

I don't know what the solution is? Young people can be radicalised via the Internet, so even if you banned all hate preachers in the UK, you would probably drive more extremists underground and onto the Internet, where its much harder to monitor what is being preached? Do we want more policing of the Internet? I mean where do we go with this without impeding on our own civil liberties. Capitulating to the actions of 2 sick men isn't the response.

So as easy as it is to blame the government. What would you like them to do?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by TKDRL

Just because I understand why doesn't mean to say that I agree.

But what would you have people do?
People are fed up of the activities of these extremists and the governments reluctance to take any sort of firm and robust action against them.

Take action against the governments and religions and the corporate interests BEHIND all this violence and death ...
and PROFIT
don't feed the trolls...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SearchLightsInc

My thought on the matter they didn't burn down a mosque they burdened a community center and painting their logo on the crime scene smells of Muslims committing the act, nothing to see here move along.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
I'll say the same as I said on the other thread about this.

Oh I'm going to love the upcoming hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, so, so much.

'Islam' scrawled all over a memorial in London? EDL did it, obviously.

'EDL' written on a mosque? EDL did it obviously.

Well, lets look at the evidence, shall we?

Since the murder of Lee Rigby there have been far-right marches up and down the country. On the day of his murder the EDL were in Woolwich "protesting" (in actual fact getting drunk, singing football chants and rioting with the police there while scaring the crap out of an already scared community). There have been direct threats made by the far-right to Muslim communities all over the country. Hate crimes against Muslims have risen dramatically...

The EDL also trashed a pub and publicly tried to blame Help for Heroes on Facebook and Twitter. The EDL claimed that there were "celebrations" by Muslims in the UK over the death of Lee Rigby, and the police and people within those communities had to point out that it was propaganda.

When we look at who is causing the violence, making the threats, creating the propaganda and inciting the hatred throughout the UK, 9 times out of 10 it comes down to the EDL/BNP. Over and over again we have seen the far-right being the ones creating the violence and trying to stir up the conflict, while the Muslim communities hold peaceful events and show respect, encourage dialogue and make moves to quell the animosity.

Based on all available evidence, I am going to go with the most likely and the most plausible, and from everything I have seen over the last month the EDL/BNP are the ones responsible for all the extremism that has arisen after Lee's murder.

We do have nutters on both sides, no doubt. But the actions and behaviours of those on the far-right have consistently been more violent and extreme throughout the events after Lee's death, and this would lead all logical and intelligent people to believe the most plausible scenario here - that the far-right were responsible for this.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Oh I'm going to love the upcoming hypocrisy and double standards in this thread, so, so much.

Well, lets look at the evidence, shall we?

Since the murder of Lee Rigby there have been far-right marches up and down the country. On the day of his murder the EDL were in Woolwich "protesting" (in actual fact getting drunk, singing football chants and rioting with the police there while scaring the crap out of an already scared community). There have been direct threats made by the far-right to Muslim communities all over the country. Hate crimes against Muslims have risen dramatically...

The EDL also trashed a pub and publicly tried to blame Help for Heroes on Facebook and Twitter. The EDL claimed that there were "celebrations" by Muslims in the UK over the death of Lee Rigby, and the police and people within those communities had to point out that it was propaganda.

When we look at who is causing the violence, making the threats, creating the propaganda and inciting the hatred throughout the UK, 9 times out of 10 it comes down to the EDL/BNP. Over and over again we have seen the far-right being the ones creating the violence and trying to stir up the conflict, while the Muslim communities hold peaceful events and show respect, encourage dialogue and make moves to quell the animosity.

Based on all available evidence, I am going to go with the most likely and the most plausible, and from everything I have seen over the last month the EDL/BNP are the ones responsible for all the extremism that has arisen after Lee's murder.

We do have nutters on both sides, no doubt. But the actions and behaviours of those on the far-right have consistently been more violent and extreme throughout the events after Lee's death, and this would lead all logical and intelligent people to believe the most plausible scenario here - that the far-right were responsible for this.
you seem to forget that a majority of british muslims want sharia law in the u.k., the poppy burners, the 10000 victims of muslim peodophile gangs-young girls, the muslim vigilante gangs, forced marriages,honour killings,etc etc i have personally witnessed gangs of muslim youths rioting chanting al qaeda al qaeda. The edl are not far right,they are not the b.n.p.
Why do you continue to post lies. The e.d.l is a defence league, defending our tolerant way of life. Wake up

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by symptomoftheuniverse
you seem to forget that a majority of british muslims want sharia law in the u.k.,

Wrong.
This is factually incorrect. The Majority of British Muslims were either born in the UK under British law, or came here to escape their own countries where such law is in place. And in addition to that, Sharia Law is on the whole based on community law and morality within the faith, the version of Sharia law you are thinking of is actually the Taliban, which is itself an extreme translation of a religious faith for political control - kind of like the Pope and the Vatican using their book to excuse their abuse of children, gay people, supporting the spread of Aids in Africa...

Real, moderate Sharia law is actually not very different at all to Christians practicing their own social codes and mores, or you having your own social codes amongst your friends. Sharia Law also has to comply with British law.

the poppy burners,

Of which there were four.
In addition, however abhorrent you or I might think it is, burning a poppy is not a criminal offence, any more than burning a Bible or Koran is a criminal offence.
If you bought it, you own it, you can do what you like with it within reason.
The poppy is a symbol, not a relic to be worshipped by all under penalty of prosecution.

the 10000 victims of muslim peodophile gangs-young girls,

10,000? Really?
Do you have any actual proof of that, or is it just more made up BS to support your hatred and bigotry?
And lets not forget the thousands more abused by CHRISTIAN priests, white British celebrities, politicians, care staff and teachers over the last decade or two. Where is your hatred and bile for them?

Why is it that one case of a Muslim group doing this is somehow millions of times more offensive than decades of abuse at the hands of Christians?

the muslim vigilante gangs,

Where? When?
I haven't seen these "Muslim vigilante gangs" anywhere!?
Where were they when the 75 year old Muslim grandfather was stabbed to death in May in Birmingham? I don't recall any Muslim protests, marches or gangs looking for revenge then!

forced marriages,

You better attack a hell of a lot of other groups too then, because arranged marriage (and forced marriage) is certainly not limited to one racial or religious group.

honour killings,etc etc

Same as above.
This is a cultural problem, not limited to Islam, not limited to one nation, not specific to the UK or anywhere else and a completely separate issue from this one.

i have personally witnessed gangs of muslim youths rioting chanting al qaeda al qaeda.

I'm gonna call this blatant and outright BS. Unless you can prove it of course.

The edl are not far right,they are not the b.n.p.

Sorry to break this to you, but it has been proven that senior members of the EDL are also members of the BNP, Combat 18, the Casuals and National Front. These members have swastikas tattooed on them, "SS" ink on their arms, clear radical links to fascist groups.

I'm not going to do the research for lazy people, but anyone here can type "EDL and BNP" into YouTube and Google and see a wealth of evidence for themselves.

Of course, the sight of EDL members throwing Nazi salutes at war memorials in London is now well known across the UK and seen by millions.

Why do you continue to post lies. The e.d.l is a defence league, defending our tolerant way of life. Wake up

The EDL is a fascist group of knuckle-dragging, barely literate embarrassments to this country. They defend nothing, they can barely use their own language, they are consistently violent, abusive, intolerant and ignorant. Anyone can check out the EDL pages on Facebook and see the evidence for themselves.

You can call me a liar all you like, but the facts and evidence are out there for all to see.
edit on 6-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-6-2013 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Ask any muslim if they want sharia law in the u.k and 90 percent will say yes. Which sharia law are you talking about? The one taught in british muslim schools has diagrams on how to cut a thieves hand off.
10000 is the estimate by channel fours dispatches program on muslim grooming gangs.
www.thestar.co.uk... what they dont tell you on that link is all the cars and windows getting smashed and hordes of muslims youths chanting al qaeda. I dont lie.
Now whose side are you on? Radical islamists or the edl? Careful what you say

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:07 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

I agree, the government have done nothing in response, which just adds to the grievances of those on the far right and legitimates their own causes.

Exactly.
The continual disregard shown by successive governments about genuine concerns a growing number of British people have is actively driving people towards EDL and similar groups.
It's almost as if they want confrontation - I wonder why?

I don't know what the solution is?

That makes two of us.

I've never professed to have all the answers, but one thing is certain, what they are doing now isn't working - or maybe it is and it's all part of their agenda.

Do we want more policing of the Internet?

Not at all - at least not in the way that some are proposing.

I mean where do we go with this without impeding on our own civil liberties.

A fine line indeed.

Capitulating to the actions of 2 sick men isn't the response.

But neither is just voicing the same old sound bites whilst in reality doing absolutely nothing.
Words are cheap - acts and deeds.

So as easy as it is to blame the government. What would you like them to do?

Of course it is, but what else can we do?
They are the one's who put themselves forward to lead us.
They are the one's who we have given the responsibility of looking after our cares and concerns because they sought it.
They feel they have the answers - let's see them do something for once instead of looking after themselves, doing everything possible to maintain the status quo and their continued ride on the gravy train at our expence.
Sure it needs all of us to buy into it and do 'our bit', but it's the polticians who have the position, power, influence and responsibility to direct and enable.

Hope things are good with you mate and you are well.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

For once we may agree on something.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Rocker2013

Since the murder of Lee Rigby there have been far-right marches up and down the country.

The vast majority of which have been peaceful and respectful.

Far right?
It would be wrong and foolhardy to think that there was no right-wing presence, however, the vast majority are not far-right and were expressing their respect for Lee Rigby, their disgust at his brutal murder and their concern for the direction this country is taking.
Unfortunately many believe that it is only EDL who are voicing opinions close to their own - the mainstream party's have showm a wilful disregard and even disdain for the people and their concerns.

On the day of his murder the EDL were in Woolwich "protesting" (in actual fact getting drunk, singing football chants

They were an embarrassment.

and rioting with the police there while scaring the crap out of an already scared community).

Sure there was a bit of argy-bargy but I'd hardly call it rioting.

And don't you think the non-Muslim communities are scared after that barbaric and callous murder?

There have been direct threats made by the far-right to Muslim communities all over the country. Hate crimes against Muslims have risen dramatically...

Which is intolerable and anyone found to have committed any hate crime should be punished with the maximum possible sentence in accordance with our Law.

The EDL also trashed a pub and publicly tried to blame Help for Heroes on Facebook and Twitter.

Not aware of this but if true, not only should those responsible be punished but they should also be given a good old fashioned kicking.

The EDL claimed that there were "celebrations" by Muslims in the UK over the death of Lee Rigby, and the police and people within those communities had to point out that it was propaganda.

Yes, I fell for it - much to my shame.

But I've got to say that I've also seen more than just a few instances of people praising the two scumbags for the murder of Lee Rigby.

And let's just take a step back and put things in perspective - EDL supporters and hanger's on have said some pretty awful things in the aftermath - but it pales into insignificance when compared to the actual murder of Lee Rigby.
No-one has been killed in reprisal, same as 7/7.
And that in no way is an attempt to condone the burning of this centre etc but please let's just bear that in mind.
Let's hope it stays that way.

Over and over again we have seen the far-right being the ones creating the violence and trying to stir up the conflict, while the Muslim communities hold peaceful events and show respect, encourage dialogue and make moves to quell the animosity.

What peaceful events have the Muslim communities held?

I've attended three memorial services for Lee Rigby since his death.
They've all been multi-faith events.
I've never seen any trouble, nothing but reseved and dignified respect.
I've never seen a Muslim representative at any of them - I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Got to disagree with you there.
I'd go for the two murdering bastards who killed Lee Rigby being responsible for any rise in extremism!

We do have nutters on both sides, no doubt. But the actions and behaviours of those on the far-right have consistently been more violent and extreme throughout the events after Lee's death

And that conveniently ignore's all the events up to and including his MURDER.

......the most plausible scenario here - that the far-right were responsible for this.

Probably.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It's okay. On the Daily Mail I cheekily suggested both could be set-ups, ie the Islam thing scrawled by EDL members and this attack done by Muslims.

The response? When I suggested EDL sprayed the graffiti I received over 1,000 red arrows. When I suggested Muslims were behind attacking this Islamic Centre I received over 1,000 green arrows.

People are nuts

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by GrandStrategy

I thought the Police said yesterday they were investigating the cause? I am sure i read a report with a spokesman saying they were still unsure........and yet all the media are reporting it as a firebomb / arson attack. If that spokesman was right then surely the media are spreading fear and disinformation?

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Here you go radical british muslims planned murderous attack on EDL at rally. But were caught and pleaded guilty in court.

Turning into a gang war.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomEntered
Here you go radical british muslims planned murderous attack on EDL at rally. But were caught and pleaded guilty in court.

Turning into a gang war.
www.dailymail.co.uk...

Nutter war rather than gang war.

I suggest roping off Dartmoor and letting them have it out with each other. It would do the rest of us a favour! Possibly Holly and Phil presenting it? (what with their journalistic abilities!).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join