It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"God's bathtub"--Lake untouched by Pollution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
news.yahoo.com...

Located on an Island off the coast of southern Queensland, Australia;

Imagine a lake that's never been affected by climate change or any other man-made influences. Australian scientists say they have found just that—a remote lake whose crystal-clear waters seem to be in the same chemical state as they were about 7,500 years ago.

"It's like God's bathtub," Dr. Cameron Barr told the Australian Associated Press of the body of water now named Blue Lake. "It is beautiful. It is absolutely beautiful."

Barr and his team of researchers from the University of Adelaide say the lake—one of the largest on North Stradbroke Island off the south Queensland coast, according to the AAP—is so pure that you can see more than 30 feet below the surface to its bottom.

IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS
MOD NOTE: Posting work written by others

edit on Wed Jun 5 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: Starting a New Thread?...Look Here FirstAboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count. Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events, or important information from other sitesplease post one or two paragraphs, a link to the entire story, AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item, as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Beautiful

But soon enough, it will be (polluted)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
If it's on this planet it as been touched weather we been there or not,the wind can carry pollution and radiation.

edit on 5-6-2013 by mytheroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mytheroy

I agree with you. The wind does carry over plenty of pollution around the world.

I'm curious as to how they could determine how long the water has been "untouched" for.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by kimish

I agree with you. The wind does carry over plenty of pollution around the world.

I'm curious as to how they could determine how long the water has been "untouched" for.

The only way I see is that the whole lake is a natural spring? and could it filter radiation as well?

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by mytheroy

Originally posted by kimish

The only way I see is that the whole lake is a natural spring? and could it filter radiation as well?

Or maybe weather patterns do not carry radiation or pollution there.

Also, can someone teach the scientists to use a polarizing filter to get a picture of the clear lake, and not the reflection?

top topics

join