It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Closer Look at Homeland Security’s MRAP Armored Vehicles...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Are they just trying to spend as much as they can to keep their budget from being cut or do they really believe they need these tanks to serve warrants? It does look like they are preparing for a war on American streets. That makes me wonder who is the enemy? Can it really be true that the tax payers are paying for weapons meant to be used against the taxpayers?

Something just doesn't seem right about it. I just hate using the words "police state" and "America" in the same sentence, but this is what a police state looks like.

If you can look at the Boston "shelter-in-place" better known as the "Martial law" back in April and say that America is not a police state, you're in denial. Time to admit it people....

A Closer Look at Homeland Security’s MRAP Armored Vehicles

The Department of Homeland Security’s new light tanks feature gun ports on the sides, back, and top, which are mainly useful for indiscriminately firing into crowds of attackers that are shelling the vehicle from all sides. This certainly could happen on the battlefield in a war. However, there is no such thing as a scenario in which police officers would need to fire into crowds of people on the street through narrow gun ports while carrying out law enforcement duties inside the United States.

DHS Officer Admits the Tanks Are for “Warrant Services”

It’s hard to imagine a scenario in which the delivery of a warrant would require an armored vehicle built with street sweeping gun ports and armor to resist mines and explosions. Police already have equipment, technology, and training for disabling explosive devices when those rare situations occur. However, it does seem likely that these vehicles will be used during the delivery of controversial no-knock warrants, probably on people suspected of drug crimes. Homeowners are often killed during the confusion involved in these military-style home invasion raids, especially in situations in which SWAT teams accidentally target the wrong address.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Notice at about :53 and at 1:05 he refers to the officers as "Operators". While it may seem trivial that designation of Operators instead of Officers makes all the difference in the world to me. This signals to me that these units are a paramilitary unit and are not simply law enforcement officers.

I also agree that the gun ports are for firing indiscriminately into crowds or an area. I spent my time in these exact same vehicles in Iraq and Afghan and know for a fact that it is nearly impossible to aim on a target thru these ports due to the small size of the opening. The ones we used had a single M-240G LMG mounted on the roof and that was the only gun you could achieve any kind of aimed fire from, if we ever did use the gun ports they were for suppressive fire not well placed rounds.

Regardless of all of that there is still no reason for our law enforcement community to need MRAP vehicles in civilian law enforcement activities. These things are built to withstand mines, RPG blasts and IED's none of which the law enforcement community has much chance at all of encountering. They are not indestructible however as I have seen several of them take hits from larger IED's and end up pretty mangled. The axle housings on these are also a very weak area as they use a standard heavy duty 10 or 15 ton Spicer axle and a well placed 7.62 round to the center carrier can disable them fairly easy.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by whatsecret

What is really sad is that most of the people who build these things are so dumb they don't realize they are going to be used against us. As long as they get a paycheck they will do anything these days. Most of the people who build these for Oshkosh hate working there because they are ran like our government (Pure Stupidity) and pay horrible, so how well do you think they are built? I know they are not build well. I know I wouldn't want to be in one when all hell broke lose.

The DHS clowns who think they will be using them are just as foolish. 3/4 of your DHS people will quit the day they are used against us.

That is why so many U.N. troops are here with many Russians being seen all over the country.

They may be mine resistant but when they are destroyed and laying on their side it will force the bad guys out to be stepping out into a gun range..

Oshkosh has another subsidiary, Frontline Communications in Clearwater, Fl. They build the big surveillance and command trucks, vans and big trailers for DHS, FBI, CIA among others.

Their most recent order came from Raytheon for these drone ground control stations, 36 of them. They are 12x12 boxes that were originally for army ammo or whatever storage. They have lift rings and can be moved anywhere by truck or chopper. They are all having wall banger A/C units installed in the for the poor suckers that will be manning them. They are not armored so this once again shows that they will be staying state side.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver
The axle housings on these are also a very weak area as they use a standard heavy duty 10 or 15 ton Spicer axle and a well placed 7.62 round to the center carrier can disable them fairly easy.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Nucleardiver because: (no reason given)

That is some valuable info, thanks. We unfortunately may need it one day. I wonder what they will do when they see rednecks running around with 20mm rifles in the bed of their trucks?

new topics

top topics

join