It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red Line has been crossed CONFIRMED Sarin has been used in Syria!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has seen this video before but.

Sarin has been used "several times and in a localised manner" during the two-year Syrian conflict, says France's foreign minister.

Laurent Fabius said lab tests in Paris confirmed usage of the nerve agent, adding that those who resort to chemical weapons must be punished.

But he did not specify where, when or by whom the agent was deployed.

BBC News

France has said tests on chemical samples taken from Syria prove that the deadly nerve agent sarin gas has been used several times during the civil conflict.

Foreign minister Laurent made the announcement on Tuesday, citing tests carried out by a French laboratory, but did not give any details of where or by whom the poison gas had been used.

sky news

Fabius says France "now is certain that sarin gas was used in Syria multiple times and in a localized way."

Earlier Tuesday, a U.N. report on Syria said there are "reasonable grounds" to believe that limited quantities of toxic chemicals have been used as weapons in at least four attacks in Syria's civil war, but said more evidence is needed to determine the precise chemical agents used or who used them. Read more:

Fox News

there seems to be a going belief within the wider international community that WMDs have been used in Syria.There has not yet been any indication who these weapons have been used by or anything else other than they have been able to confirm that Sarin has been used. However if you watch the video posted above initially the French have been saying these samples came from reporters who witnessed the chemical being used against rebel fighters.

Regardless of who has used them there is now no doubt (at least for the French) that Obama's "red line" has been crossed

More links:
www.guardian.co.uk...
www.aljazeera.com...
www.washingtontimes.com...
edit on 4-6-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
How does this NOT sound like another put up job?
If they have real undeniable proof let them bring it to the UN general assembly.

The prepetrators of such an heinous act could be from either or any other side.
Publish the details or just invade.....thats whats gonna happen anyways....
I have no doubts the Syrian people will be torn to shreds in between too.....
Funny hey,?
This was all about them to start with....now its about anything But them..............

edit on 4-6-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Sounds like a bunch of lies and excuses

Let's follow the money trail, and see why NATO is itching to get inside of Syria

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by stirling

If they have real undeniable proof let them bring it to the UN general assembly.

I am pretty sure it says they are going to do just that in one of the links i have provided.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by stirling

I am pretty sure it says they are going to do just that in one of the links i have provided.

Will the proof be on par with the lies that were presented that sent NATO into Iraq?

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Here we go again.....

Did they take soil samples??
Who used the gas??

Do you think Assad is stupid enough to give the Great Satan (the west) an excuse to invade another sovereign state.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Here we go again.....

Did they take soil samples??
Who used the gas??

Do you think Assad is stupid enough to give the Great Satan (the west) an excuse to invade another sovereign state.
edit on 4-6-2013 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

well if you follow the OP,

the official story on this one is that a bunch of french journalists were in a area were they witnessed these chemicals being used against the rebels and took soil samples back with them which they gave to French Intelligence

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Yee-haw

Lets go liberate us some Syrians!

Actually, bit tired of war...what say we just try to talk it out this time? take a rain check on the next war.

Wish it was that simple. Neither big bomb nor yapping will sort this mess out...but its time to ask some questions then.
is it the wests responsibility to try and correct the injustices of the world? I think not. UN perhaps with equal representation based on size of population and not influence seems best (therefore China and India would be the big force)..but I don't see how Syrian tyrants abusing their people effects us (outside of morally...aka, we see a brute beating up some innocents...we are not in danger...what do we do).

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Im just hoping Sarin is the worst thing they have in there chemical arsenal.

Who knows what these people are capable of unleashing.
edit on 4-6-2013 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Couldn't agree with you more, the west does not need to get involved in this

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

posted on 27-5-2013 @ 06:12 PM this post spoken too soonbbc
EU lifts arms embargo on Syria rebels, UK says

This is big.......

watch in any case or scenario for reports of chemical weapon usage... remember last Time.... and the time before that....
edit on 27-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

UK is Still desperate to start wars

This is the push that the UK and France had to convince the rest of the EU to leave themselves undecided about this particular sanction, the arms embargo, to legally start suppling the rebels with weapons.

That is why there has been so much of a push by the GOVT'S of the world to support these rebels, they are losing to Assad and his allies.

Us has publically supported over $600 million in humanitarian aid of the rebels, some of which support or directly are Al Qaeda.

This war is complete nonsense and unjustly warranted but financially rewarding on all fronts.

The U.N. is supposed to be that unbiased, independent, world council that puts the peoples needs first, but instead is run by permanent members of the security council.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

There is quite a bit of your post that i disagree with

however lets focus one where we agree and avoid a petty argument.

I also find it suspicious that the EU lift the arms embargo and then France confirms Sarin has been used

seems rather convenient

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

They, EU, last month also lifted the oil embargo against Syria in support of the rebels who have control of certain refineries. Supplying the rebels with the finances to purchase weapons and the EU, oil.

If that adds to your suspicion

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
reply to post by SaturnFX

Couldn't agree with you more, the west does not need to get involved in this

You can't agree with me, because my opinion is shifting by the minute.
I don't want another war

But at the same time, if these reports are accurate, I feel like dogpoop for just standing around when we could help for good

But I felt the same way when dubya was discussing Iraq at the beginning

But etc...I do want to find a stand though based on principles before anything is done. Do I see the west as needing to do what is the right thing, or do I see it as social Darwinism,

I see both points, its a choice of a turd burger or a s--- sandwich

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
When both sides cross the proverbial red line, the line becomes irrelevant.

The Islamist rebels gained control over nerve gas and it's turned up in Turkey.

www.liveleak.com...

Intervening on their behalf is like a starving man eating his own arm.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The ops news source has the White House press briefing www.bbc.co.uk... I agree with the WH spokesmen we should act with caution, and not rush to war in this matter it is a civil war let them fight it out. I for one am tired of the USA being the guarding to nations that , put us US down for trying to help and bring peace. Let France UK EU bring about peace this time.

The USA needs to do nothing but sit back and watch it play out. If some one in the WH is reading this , tell Mr. President Obama, that he should not act on a News source nor one test sample it could have been faked, if there is any question to the use of any Chem weapon, send in the UN team, this would be more reliable, and pleas no Iraq reason we all ready had one mess... no WMD's remember? 2 wars that lasted 10 years+ is enough for one life time.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I think the US is being ultra cautious, the last thing really that they want is war

just a shame with that stupid "red line" comment.....

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by OtherSideOfTheCoin

Sarin needs to be used against the terrorist that are trying to take over his country.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by InverseLookingGlass
When both sides cross the proverbial red line, the line becomes irrelevant.

The Islamist rebels gained control over nerve gas and it's turned up in Turkey.

www.liveleak.com...

Intervening on their behalf is like a starving man eating his own arm.

The question is...Have the Islamists gained control of anything? Sarin is one of those Chemical Weapons that, unlike VX, can be made in anyone's bathroom with a well educated and stocked trip to a couple big box stores for the proper supplies. (A death wish is probably helpful too...since dying of your own stuff is the likely outcome..but I digress).

The rebels used chemical weapons they created in a film they made and they released when they killed rabbits for the world to see. The rebels have been found with chemical weapons in Turkey with the apparent intent to use them inside Turkey. False Flag? A real one for a change? Possibly....and from Rebel hands. Al Qaeda in Iraq, who has openly and publicly declared themselves to be aligned with the rebels, was caught with bathtub chem weapons in Baghdad as well as remote control aircraft to help spread them with. Clever bit on that last part....and scary if more think of it to do.

The only one I haven't seen any use or evidence of use out of yet is Assad and the Syrian Government. When THEY decide to use a Chemical Weapon...the bodies will need collection with a bulldozer, similar to Haditha, Iraq when Saddam gassed the Kurds, Rebels and Misfits make Chem Weapons that kill a few people and require extensive testing to even be sure. Nation States have the versions to kill entire villages or parts of a city at one time.

If Assad uses a Chemical Weapon, the only testing that will need to be done is determining whether western countermeasures will be effective against it in the future, IMO. He'll be killing himself when he does it...so he'll make it count big time if/when he lets that genie out of it's ugly bottle.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
aljazeera

US to deploy missiles and jets to Jordan

Washington says weapons may remain there after exercise to help Amman deal with threat from conflict in Syria.

If France is right I can guarantee you that they will not just stay there but used.

Strategically placing your pieces like in the game of risk.

NATO this year sent Patriot missile batteries to Turkey to intercept missiles that may stray from Syria [Al Jazeera]

edit on 4-6-2013 by whatzshaken because: update point

<<   2 >>

join