It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK still is desperate to start wars.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
I cannot understand why Britain with war on it's own London streets wants to arm yet more people who hate us in Syria? the same people who are killing our troops in Afganistan and shooting us on our own streets, are now being told we would like to give Syrian terrorists more powerful weapons, which always seem to end up in British Muslims homes in UK.
Why does David Cameron want to arm Muslims for fighting when we are told by Iran, China, Russia it could start a major war that is going to spread in the Middle East & Europe?
All very odd stuff indeed, but we in the UK think it may be because of very private matters that leaders of UK Government may have done before being elected or married to partners, on that I will say no more. but lots of people are talking of events of some time back.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I'm not really sure what you're referring to exactly? How about posting a couple of links for reference?
edit on 27-5-2013 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

There must be some kind of financial reward for william hauge and friends.
What other reason could there be for arming extremists ?

History suggests that more and better trained radicals are created with such support.
As we know these radicals then go on to target the west.

Surely the british rulling class would not want that ?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by lioninthenorth

Here is a link to the story in question.
Link to story..

or

Bbc Link

edit on 27-5-2013 by LordDerpingtonSmythe because: Added second source for article.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by LordDerpingtonSmythe

Thanks for putting link on, I just heard item on BBC Radio news at 10 pm that is why I posted item, Muslim terror groups certainly have a big hold on the 2 main UK Government members you mention, we have heard what that could be, but I cannot tell on here what hold terrorists have, it will come out sooner or later.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 04:56 PM
link   

I think you mean UK government

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
BBC

In other developments:

US Secretary of State John Kerry and Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, meeting in Paris, say they are committed to a transitional government in Syria chosen by mutual consent

One of the strongest advocates of US military aid for the Syrian opposition, Senator John McCain, has made a surprise visit to Syria for discussions with rebel leaders

An unofficial deadline for Syrian opposition to decide whether to join an international peace conference next month passes, as Mr Kerry and Mr Lavrov meet. The opposition has been locked in talks in Istanbul, Turkey
Fighting in Syria continues around the strategic town of Qusair, a few miles from the Lebanese border, with a prominent Syrian female TV journalist, Yara Abbas, killed just outside the town

Relatively the same article but with a few more key points.

All you have to do is follow the money trail and you will find war profiteering. With a separation of church and state, what else can the govt excuse themselves for, if not for enforcing foreign policy in a democratic way?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Because the UK spends £34bn per year on defence and needs to coup as much back of the spend as possible. This type of thing has been going on for years and years. I should also mention that within Europe especially, due to the current economic situation there is rather a lot of pressure to make cut backs on defence, so naturally we look to anywhere there is a market.

Anywhere there is a conflict you can guarantee the British will be there trying to sell something; take a look at this map: www.guardian.co.uk...

It's not just us though, the US and other countries are just the same; the West claims to want peace but in reality we thwart it with our own greed.
edit on 27-5-2013 by lioninthenorth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:12 PM
link   
spoken too soonbbc

EU lifts arms embargo on Syria rebels, UK says

This is big.......

watch in any case or scenario for reports of chemical weapon usage... remember last Time.... and the time before that....
edit on 27-5-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Why does David Cameron want to arm Muslims for fighting when we are told by Iran, China, Russia it could start a major war that is going to spread in the Middle East & Europe?

I guess because there are GOOD Muslims and BAD Muslims and UK wants to make sure the GOOD Muslims (the one’s who don’t hack off heads in UK) win.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

A failure by European Union governments to agree on extending an arms embargo on Syria effectively ends the EU's ban on supplying arms to Syrian rebels, British Foreign Secretary William Hague has said.

aljazeera

William Hague ‏@WilliamJHague 30m
Right EU decision tonight. Arms embargo on Syrian opposition ended. No immediate decision to send arms. Other sanctions remain

twitter

So the right decision was to collectively NOT come to a decision. Politics at best.

Anyone else sick and tired of this BS?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

But there was "no immediate decision to send arms" to Syrian rebels and all other sanctions remained in force, Mr Hague said in a tweet.

Ho ho ho, I guess they're still in the process of completing their proposal.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

He said Britain had no immediate plans to send arms to Syria.

France and other countries can do that. UK can buy the oil from the rebels now that that embargo was lifted too.
Ill get the link...

independent. uk

Plus Americas 500 million dollar plus investment in Syria
abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
I cannot understand why Britain with war on it's own London streets wants to arm yet more people who hate us in Syria? the same people who are killing our troops in Afganistan and shooting us on our own streets, are now being told we would like to give Syrian terrorists more powerful weapons, which always seem to end up in British Muslims homes in UK.
All very odd stuff indeed, but we in the UK think it may be because of very private matters that leaders of UK Government may have done before being elected or married to partners, on that I will say no more. but lots of people are talking of events of some time back.

Who exactly is "us"? And, please provide links.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Antonio1

I believe (s)he was helped out which is what we are here for

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I honestly cannot think of one country that the British Government has actually helped with its foreign policies of sending weapons and, even worse troups to.

Surely Haig can remember the government arming anti-Gadaffi rebels. The rebels were not a cohesive opposition and look at Libya now. That country has not been improved, its been handed a gift of death and chaos.

There could be numerous reasons why our Government is interfering in Syria:

Saudi Sunnis want and they dictate because of their oil and Syria is Shia and an ally to Iran.
Israel might want to grab some more land and especially get its hands on Lebanon, again another country that gets whatever it wants regardless and with Syria 'indisposed' it could perhaps do that and pinch some more of Syria.

What does puzzle me a little is that although the government sends arms abroad, how many countries actually pay British firms for these arms, or is it as I suspect, the British tax payer foots the bill for foreign (aid/arms)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u

We are not seeing war on our streets or more specifically London though are we?
Also to my knowledge most illegal guns in the UK are brought here by the likes of drug smugglers and tend to end up in drug dealers hands though I have seen evidence of guns smuggled from possibly Ireland or elsewhere imported on the west coast and maybe off military bases over time but never have I heard of guns being imported from the Middle East to be specifically used by Muslims... I have seen personally military personnel sneaking flash grenades and the likes out of camp and once a pistol that I was told was sneaked out though I doubt that... the gun was real enough though.

Anyways...

Think of these rebels as that famous cleaning advert that used to be on TV:

"We work so hard so you don't have to"

This is the simplest way to describe why Cameron, he's cronnies and a lot more of the western world are backing these rebels, unlike Libya though it's not so easy to give them the support these guys would like to give so they ride the media band wagon.

This is big.......

watch in any case or scenario for reports of chemical weapon usage... remember last Time.... and the time before that....

Quoting whatzshaken post (thanks for the link)

This is a major play in this whole situation and I'd bet on the fact that this is going to help heat things up in a big way, also to answer your question on "is this going to be a major war that is going to spread in the Middle East and Europe?"
Middle East yes and I can imagine some kind of force is going to have to go in and help secure peace after the carnage in some parts of the Middle East but I can't see it becoming a war in Europe just yet or any time soon.
I made a thread at the beginning of this year called: The year the world declared war on islam. I kind of had it wrong but right it seems, because if all else fails we'll go in and destroy any trouble makers ourselves if needs be... infact we'd probably invite Russia to fight extremism with us
The fight as a military conflict I doubt we'll see on our soils (Europe) for anytime soon.

Turkey would be a good nation to watch in all of this, they could and most likely will play a pivotal role in the leading months.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   

The leader of the al-Nusra Front, a jihadist group fighting in Syria, has pledged allegiance to the leader of al-Qaeda, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

Abu Mohammed al-Jawlani said the group's behaviour in Syria would not change as a result.

Al-Nusra claims to be have carried out many suicide bombings and guerrilla attacks against state targets.

On Tuesday, al-Qaeda in Iraq announced a merger with al-Nusra, but Mr Jawlani said he had not been consulted on this.

Al-Nusra has been designated as a terrorist organisation by the US.

BBC

So what exactly is this war on terror?

There is no more line in the sand that can be erased, it has a paper trail, and has become etched in stone.

Remove those in the GOVT who are corrupted to the point where we are at, which has become the point of no return.

The writing is all over the wall. This corruption needs to stop on all fronts otherwise we will all hear that fat lady sing, and no offence to Roseanne but that's all I can imagine, but I hope the point is taken.

Enough is enough. We know the root of the problem so lets clean up GOVT for the people and not just the elite few.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
“The arms embargo is a bit of a fiction anyways. The arms are pouring in… from Qatar and Saudi Arabia, undoubtedly organized by the United States and other powers. What they really mean is they want to send heavier weapons, because the opposition has suffered serious setbacks recently,”

rt.com...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatzshaken
spoken too soonbbc

This is big.......

In this case I ill toot my own horn.

Mon May 27, 2013 7:56pm EDT

Syria fighting rages, more chemical attacks reported

Rueters

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join