It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Window of Opportunity Thread" - Analyzing a hoax 4.5 years later.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
One of the most known ATS threads - at least from where I've stumbled across it on other alternative websites - is the Window of Opportunity post by someone calling themselves Hidden Hand. Over the years, I can't tell you how many times I've seen this post referenced by other conspiracy theorist/new world order/new age sites. In fact several people have made PDFs of the thread and its been passed around as something of a "bible" in some circles. I still see the thread referenced here from time to time. People seem to believe this thread offered profound truths and insights from someone who really was an insider.

To me, this thread has always seen to be a hoax at best and disinformation at worst. It was just too good to be true, and had all the hallmarks of being highly questionable - a highly ranked "insider" here to share secrets with ATS. An insider whom - wouldn't you know - just happened to be telling ATS members exactly what they wanted to hear in terms of new age philosophy, promised economic collapse, etc. The person who wrote these posts is very good at using language to make sure you couldn't claim they made a specific prediction - they carefully avoided dates most of the time. But now in 2013, I see several places in this thread where Hidden Hand told us of events that would be happening in 2008-2012.

Unsurprisingly, every single one of them was wrong. Why does this matter? Because this thread was widely praised and applauded by members of this community. Anyone questioning it was told to shut up and go away. It is an astounding reminder of the group think that goes on here when we want to believe something is true. And even though Hidden Hand's many predictions can now shown to be wrong, no one seems to have changed their opinion about this poster.

Here are the predictions:

The Stock Markets will soon complete their controlled demolition.

Our Financial Institutions will later call in all loans. There will be many bankruptcies and foreclosures.

Unless any unforeseen disruptions delay it's announcement, there will be a new currency by the end of 2008 / early 2009, along with a new Union of nations. January has been spoken of in some circles, as the latest, though there are plans underway which could even bring this to fruition much earlier than initially hoped for.

San Francisco and Damascus, will be uninhabitable by the end of 2010, possibly even sooner.

Yes, the noonday Winter Solstice Sun of December 21st, 2012 is the time when the Lord of The Harvest shall return. You might know him as "Nibiru".

I grant you a handful of these predictions had no date or enough qualifiers that if you really wanted to believe in this disinformation you still could. But when you predict the stock market will have a "demolition" I think even the stock markets low of DOW 6000 comes no where close. And unless I missed it, San Francisco and Damascus are still standing. And Niburu failed to appear on December 21, 2012. Also, none of my loans were called in. No new currency either, my dollars are still accepted everywhere.

Every single prediction Hidden Hand made with a date attached to it? Not only wrong, but unquestionably wrong. I hope people will keep this in mind the next time a global elite insider shows up on ATS (happens every few days) telling you what you wish were true.

edit on 3-6-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I LOVED the hidden hand saga.

I could only reach two conclusions and they are:

1) Well educated hoax with much research included (The Law of One, Urantia, Metaphysics etc)
2) The guy was someone special (in either aspect aha)

(If you've read The Law of One - you can see it's almost identical - but It's a lot of information just to type from memory on 'the bounce' as he did)

It does make one wonder..
edit on 3-6-2013 by ObservingYou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why does there seem to be no grey area with some people. Not everything has to be so black and white.

Sure his predictions were wrong. Does that automatically make every ounce of information in the entire thread completely useless? Of course not.

There are nuggets of truth everywhere. You have to decide FOR YOURSELF if anything being taught to you is worth noting, or worth tossing in the bin.

The very people complaining about how much of a waste of time these threads are, are the same ones keeping them alive years later by making more threads about them.

Let me put it like this. Read a thread, take what information feels right with you, leave the rest and move on.

Sorry if this reply comes off a bit hostile, it was not my intention

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by thelongjourney

i predict, that all of us shall meet "truegodform" in the next ten years,,,,

,,,,and i am the starwizard from the cult of cthulhu...

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ObservingYou
(If you've read The Law of One - you can see it's almost identical - but It's a lot of information just to type from memory on 'the bounce' as he did)

no, once you get the gist of it, it's easy to recreate. Heck, I've barely read any of it, and if you ask me certain questions about it, I'd bet I'd get them "right."

Sure his predictions were wrong. Does that automatically make every ounce of information in the entire thread completely useless? Of course not.

Mixing the truth with lies is the only way to makes lies believable.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

no, once you get the gist of it, it's easy to recreate. Heck, I've barely read any of it, and if you ask me certain questions about it, I'd bet I'd get them "right."

www.lawofone.info...

There's no way you could memorise 106 sessions of the Law of One - I frequent the quotes and have listened to each session three times, and each time I learn something I over looked the previous time.

It might all sound like 'similar' mumbo jumbo, but each answer is precise, individual and definitive.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   

That may be true. Doesn't change the fact that each of us need to discern our own truth through the information we come across in our lives. Most truths are often shrouded in lies, simply because of ego and the desire for personal gain. It is up to each of us to use what information we feel is true for us.

edit on 3-6-2013 by inval because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

What you call "New Age" concepts are actually more ancient than the religions of today. Most "New Age" concepts predate and can be found in Jainism, Buddhism, Daoism, Vedas, Hinduism, and a multitude of mystical traditions from all corners of the world throughout time. "New Age" concepts are thousands of years old.

The Bible is filled with the genocide of the native Levantines and Hebrew racial superiority, but we still can find some beautiful Psalms in it. We find oppression, destruction, and threats from LORD YHWH, but we still can find beautiful phrases such as "Love your neighbor as you love yourself",... "The Kingdom is within",... and "Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."

In the Qur'an we find sexism, violence, slavery, and religious superiority complex, but we find the beautiful Surah Ikhlas.

The wind gives us fresh air, cool breezes, and carries beautiful aromas,.... but it also brings devastating storms and carries foul odors.

Hidden Hand may have been off on some things, but he was also amazingly correct on many things, especially his esoteric and metaphysical understandings.

Sometimes I am right, sometimes I am wrong.

Let he who has never been wrong cast the first stone.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

www.lawofone.info...

There's no way you could memorise 106 sessions of the Law of One - I frequent the quotes and have listened to each session three times, and each time I learn something I over looked the previous time.

It might all sound like 'similar' mumbo jumbo, but each answer is precise, individual and definitive.

I disagree, although one would find it hard to remember the whole of Law of one word for word.... hidden hand did not do this.

All he did was convey the key messages, and one should pick these points up on their first read if their memory is functioning normally.

Hidden hand didn't even begin to get into LoO details, and even if he had - who's to say he didn't have the material open in the next browser tab just to double check he got the details right?

link   
reply to post by Kgnow

Kgnow, I believe that good and bad go together, but at least they are both true. Why would anyone settle for a bunch of half truths?

What is your fascination with the current "Window of Opportunity" thread that's going on right now?

The only thing that we know as truth in that thread is that all of these dark entities are full of half truths and lies, yet he claims he comes to help people discard half truths. That was the most doublespeak I've ever seen.

Notice too that he only speaks of the dark entities. This is all he knows. He admits that he was an evil person and considered himself more evil than Hitler! Why should anyone believe that he's all of a sudden in touch with the truth? Well, obviously he's not, because he's admitted that all of these dark entities have an agenda that won't allow them to be totally up front about anything, so why should we believe that any of it is true?

edit on 3-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by inval
Why does there seem to be no grey area with some people. Not everything has to be so black and white.

Sure his predictions were wrong. Does that automatically make every ounce of information in the entire thread completely useless?

Would you care to explain what exactly is not black and white about declaring yourself to be an elite family insider with special knowledge about how the world really works? You either are that, or you are not. What is "gray" about that, please?

Its quite simple - if Hidden Hand really was an elite insider, then either (1) the elites are totally incompetent at their plans for total doom and we have nothing to fear as none of their plans happened or (2) Hidden hand was lying. I know everyone wants to believe all that law of one stuff, and if that makes you happy thats fine, but I am pointing out that if you base that belief on Hidden Hand you are putting your faith in a proven hoax.

Yes, if every single one of your predictions that had a date attached to it are wrong, that would indeed invalidate everything Hidden hand said since he/she claimed ALL OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED was from their status as an elite family insider!
edit on 3-6-2013 by thelongjourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by inval

Yes actually. Yes it does.

Ab-so-effin-lutely useless.

There are nuggets of truth everywhere. You have to decide FOR YOURSELF if anything being taught to you is worth noting, or worth tossing in the bin.

When someone is lying to you simply to yank your chain or out of amusement it's worth throwing in the bin. Allowing people to manipulate you and take advantage of you only allows for that behaviour to continue in the future.

The very people complaining about how much of a waste of time these threads are, are the same ones keeping them alive years later by making more threads about them.

Nothing wrong with educating people. Some might only be joining the site today or have spent no time lurking. In which case they may be more susceptible to fall for such a ruse.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by solve

i predict, that all of us shall meet "truegodform" in the next ten years,,,,

,,,,and i am the starwizard from the cult of cthulhu...

Hail!!! oh great and powerful starwizard of cthulhu!!!!!!!!

I will sacrifice this holy cucumber in your name.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:49 PM
link   
The only hoax better than the Hidden Hand one, was the DarkKnight one. I loved reading them both. I always did love works of fiction.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Oh FFS, this is getting ridiculous.

This thread has blatantly been spawned because of this one, and because mods are not allowing that thread to be trolled into oblivion by scoffers and pseudo-skeptics.

This thread is intended to be a thinly veiled hit-piece-by-association on the currently running thread thats not being allowed to be derailed right out of the gates.

The amount of resistance the linked to thread and user is facing, essentially *immediately* from the threads start, is making me suspicious. If its all crap like so many people want everyone else to believe... why the passionate push to derail it so quickly? Why the incessant trolling when they think the mods are not looking?

Theres tons of threads on ATS brimming with crap. Almost all of them are just simply ignored.

But the linked to thread, isnt.

Perhaps its not so full of crap as some users would like you to think.

I would just say this; that which the pseudo-skeptics on the other thread ardently told others NOT to do: think for yourself, and make your OWN decisions using your OWN discernment. Come to your OWN conclusions, and extract meaning from the information and situation in your OWN way, not how some pseudo-skeptic on the internet tells you to extract it.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You ask why? People want stars. People have a need to be "liked". It will happen everywhere, ignore it or don't.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
Oh FFS, this is getting ridiculous.

Indeed. I agree that your attempt to rationalize this in face of irrefutable evidence is quite ridiculous. As the OP I was not aware I was not allowed to "blatantly spawn" threads inspired by others? You are indeed correct, that thread made me look back at the original "Window of Opportunity" - why does that enrage you so much exactly?

Are you saying San Fransisco got wiped off the map? Did Niburu show up on December 21 and I miss it? What about the predictions are true, exactly?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

You ask why? People want stars. People have a need to be "liked". It will happen everywhere, ignore it or don't.

Indeed, if I wanted stars all I would need to do is start a thread promoting law of one or any other other stuff ATS people love to believe and I'd be starred into oblivion. This as you can tell has quite the opposite effect, as everyone who trades in this stuff is up in arms at pointing out that the great Hidden Hand was...not so accurate.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by inval

That may be true. Doesn't change the fact that each of us need to discern our own truth through the information we come across in our lives. Most truths are often shrouded in lies, simply because of ego and the desire for personal gain. It is up to each of us to use what information we feel is true for us.

edit on 3-6-2013 by inval because: (no reason given)

Are you kidding me? You are going to spout this rhetoric?

"discern our own truth through the information we come across?"
"most truths are shrouded in lies..."
"its up to each of us to use what info we feel is true...."

Thank you Mr. obvious. Much like this post from me....you have nothing to add.

Hold on....let me answer for you....

"sorry you feel that way"
"Why so angry..."
"glad you took the time to attack me...."
"blah blah blah blah........and blah"

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

It goes much deeper than that. You consider it fiction, but these authors believe it hook, line and sinker because they are in touch with lower level spirits who are feeding them all of this information as truth. I know some people don't believe in these spiritual entities, but I think all of the threads on these types of topics alone on ATS should make them seriously reconsider. Too many people are walking over to the dark side through esoterics and witchcraft thinking it's going to show them the answers they want about life and they're going to be disappointed.

edit on 3-6-2013 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join