It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrifying video captures moment German drone missed Afghan plane carrying 100 passengers by just tw

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
The item has been deleted by submitter??

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sattro
The item has been deleted by submitter??

The incident was actually from a few years back

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Sorry I hit the wrong link
I wonder if this has happened before with fatal consequences and label as an airplane technical issue.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Here in Tampa, FL if you leave the city limits and watch a clear night sky out where there is little light pollution, we are already seeing drones in the sky. Remember they are very discreet and not nearly as loud as jet engines. If you live near any important bases in your state you may be seeing them at night as well given proper conditions and if you know how to spot them.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by DYepes
Here in Tampa, FL if you leave the city limits and watch a clear night sky out where there is little light pollution, we are already seeing drones in the sky. Remember they are very discreet and not nearly as loud as jet engines. If you live near any important bases in your state you may be seeing them at night as well given proper conditions and if you know how to spot them.

These drones fly at like 30k to even 50k feet in the air and are tiny compared to planes, you say you can see them at night?... lol ok

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by DAVID64
I think many are just waiting for something like this to happen, once they get fully deployed over the U.S.
A tired operator makes a mistake and 200 die. It's bound to happen if they put 30,000 of those things in the sky.

Why would they be deployed over the US? That would make absolutely no sense at all. How would you get it through Congress and the Senate? Obama is already on public record as saying he will not tolerate the use of drones on US soil:

The president also laid out what the standard should be for domestic use of armed but unmanned aerial vehicles: They should not be used.

"For the record, I do not believe it would be constitutional for the government to target and kill any U.S. citizen -- with a drone, or a shotgun -- without due process," Obama said. "Nor should any president deploy armed drones over U.S. soil."

Let me repeat the second part of that quote, since this has been such a controversial and much-discussed topic: "Nor should any president deploy armed drones over U.S. soil."

That's the standard. No armed drones over U.S. soil.

(Source).

In case you haven't noticed, what he says for the camera and what he actually does, are completely different.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Good thing there was no accident
betcha it would have been labeled a suicide bomb or terrorist attack if they had

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
The drone pilot must have been gutted he missed 100 Afghan civilians like that, he could have even taken out an airbus as well.l Oh well, there is always next time. Maybe he will get lucky and find a popular social gathering like a funeral or better yet, A WEDDING!.

U.S pilots were probably like "LOL, NOOB we would have just blamed that on the Taliban, LOLOLOL"
edit on 3-6-2013 by Tuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Here ya go, I'm an old pilot....the first thing we learn is the see and be seen rule.....especially around the pattern at an airfield.
that's why we land small craft on top of one another all the time.usually no one gets hurt.
but what about that legal point? we have aircraft that have no pilot? who's there to clear with an "S" turn while dipping the wing?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by DAVID64
I think many are just waiting for something like this to happen, once they get fully deployed over the U.S.
A tired operator makes a mistake and 200 die. It's bound to happen if they put 30,000 of those things in the sky.

Why would they be deployed over the US? That would make absolutely no sense at all. How would you get it through Congress and the Senate? Obama is already on public record as saying he will not tolerate the use of drones on US soil:

The president also laid out what the standard should be for domestic use of armed but unmanned aerial vehicles: They should not be used.

"For the record, I do not believe it would be constitutional for the government to target and kill any U.S. citizen -- with a drone, or a shotgun -- without due process," Obama said. "Nor should any president deploy armed drones over U.S. soil."

Let me repeat the second part of that quote, since this has been such a controversial and much-discussed topic: "Nor should any president deploy armed drones over U.S. soil."

That's the standard. No armed drones over U.S. soil.

(Source).

And you're seriously going to take Barry's word for it?

How's Guantanamo, and Afghanistan this time of the year? Could've sworn he promised he'd close Gitmo and bring our troops back, hmm what was it, six or seven years ago?

Did you know that your government loves you so much that they put your Flouride in your water for you?

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Once the ADS-B and see and avoid technologies are installed (they're already in testing and proving trials) then the chances of this happening become incredibly remote even for the ones being flown from a base station.

As for the 30,000 number, that gets thrown around a lot without actually looking into what types will be flown. The vast majority of those 30,000 will be hand launched, and small catapult launched types (quadrotor, ShadowHawk, etc) that will fly well under flight routes and nowhere near where any type of large aircraft flies. Even if a large plane were to collide with a quadrotor, the damage would be similar to if it hit a bird, or a large hailstone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join