It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Which Country would survive a pandemic?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Which Specific Country would survive a pandemic?

While I know nations with High Population like the USA, China, Japan, South Korea and many others will fall to a pandemic I wonder which nation would have moderate damage? Is it Cuba, North Korea, New Zealand etc?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
the one with little or no air travel would probably fare best some little island some where my 2 cents

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
New Zealand comes to mind.
I hear it's beautiful during pandemic season.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Your question is quite vague.

Although, sadly enough they would all survive. All species are substantially resilient, including monkeys hominidae. Consider the Purple Death, that was global if I recall
edit on 2-6-2013 by emberscott because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
what about greenland have you ever met anybody from there or heard of anyone going there ???

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Probably some little island out in the south pacific

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
What kind of pandemic? Like the "grandma's cough is getting worse" sort, or "zombies just smashed through the picture window" variety?

I assume any distant, lightly traveled island state is the best option. The Pitcairn Islands would be a lovely spot, I think.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Play the game Pandemic 2 and find out for yourself.

Madagascar always seems quite resilient.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   
My thoughts (like others) are that one of them would be the south island of New Zealand, and probably a lot of the surrounding islands. For the most part, it's reserve land and and even mountains that you can look in any direction and not see a single unnatural light. I reckon anyone in that area would be fine. Though, I also imagine a lot of the small islands in the Pacific would be untouched.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Which Country would survive a pandemic?

Tristan da Cunha will survive the pandemic . It is one of the most Remote Island on Earth

The most remote inhabited island group in the world, Tristan de Cunha in the southern Atlantic Ocean, is so tiny its main island has no airstrip.

Source

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLonelyNoble

I agree,the safest places would be the least inhabited.I would try to be on the ocean,if I possibly could.As long as you have good water supplies+you can fish,it would minimise the need for human contact.Far away in a wilderness would be good too,as long as no one could find the entrance to your hide-away.Because a lot of people will suddenly develop an appreciation for lonesome wilderness/mountain areas-and it's my opinion that in any pandemic the biggest danger won't be the microbe or virus,it will be predatory people.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I'd think somewhere like Greenland would be a good bet.

Edit - I see billdadobbie beat me too it, that will teach me too skim read.

King
edit on 3/6/2013 by kingears because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

That link you put up is brilliant

I know it's a bit off topic but i'd love to spend a bit of time on a really remote island.

Back on topic.

Anywhere remote would do well, you've got pockets of places all over the place. Even somewhere as small as Britain you'd have loads of places. Huge sparsely populated countries would be the best bet because of the abundance of resources at hand without ever needing to come into contact with other human populations.

Somewhere in the Russian tundra or Canada. The mountain men who live off the land will be fine.

If one starts I might head for the Scottish highlands.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Basically, big cities would be screwed, rural areas will be more safe. Cities are a lot of people packed like sardines, country areas are way more spread out.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Can I call Antarctica a country? No?
Well .... people living in Antarctica would survive a world wide pandemic.
People living on ships in the ocean perhaps.
People isolated on islands. People isolated in jungles maybe.

Depends on the pandemic. Airborne or not??

new topics

top topics

join