It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lynnea Rose

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I imagine her playing with her older brothers,
laughing and giggling happy banter,
yelling and screaming with glee.

I see her independent little spirit
stand up in her defense,
holding her own against her brothers.

Lynnea Rose my darling grand daughter
you shine with the rest of the stars.
You were taken so young and so far.

I miss your little arms
and tiny hands I never held.
I miss your little face
I never got to kiss.

I miss so many things,
my empty knee that never got to give you a bounce,
my back that never became your horse,
my empty arms that never felt your warmth.

I will have to wait until
death no longer holds us apart.
Until then I will endure this grandpa pain.

I have not forgotten you,
nor will I ever.
You are my grand daughter,
so precious, so very precious.

For you have taught me this truth,
it is in the wounded heart we give birth to truth,
it is in the birthing pain we hear its cry
and recognize its voice.

I will cry until I hear your voice.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by grayeagle

That was beautiful my friend. I can feel the heart ache and also the warmth and love.

Beautifully written and glad you shared it.

Letting our eyes rain is a lovely way to grow.

Peace and love to you friend and tons of hugs.
-nat

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

grayeagle
This is a very touching story i could feel your pain ,sorrow and love..
Your story touched my heart and soul..Very well written..peace,sugarcookie1 S&F

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Natalia and Sugarcookie1, just to know there are two other people who share the same spirit of humility, compassion, and caring is such a comfort to me. There are so many challenges that must be met when we grieve.

Grief is like a long valley, a winding valley where any bend may reveal a totally new landscape. C.S. Lewis

As I walk eternity road I meet such wonderful people such as yourselves. I would gladly walk with you any day!

Thank you friends,
grayeagle

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   

You're right about grieving. The challenges never seem to end though. Last night grief hit me without me even thinking about it or expecting it. It did help me finish a poem.

I'll gladly walk with ya friend.
any day.

-nat cat-

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 06:56 AM
link   

grayeagle, How bittersweet and beautiful, what you have shared/written. I have tears in my eyes and I can feel the pain in your heart. I have known such pain as well. I want to send you the biggest hug and send love and comfort to you, my cherished friend. The stars above....I've often thought of them as angels looking down on us and watching over us. Blessings to you. You are often in my thoughts.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   

A picture for you grayeagle...I took this on that fateful day and tried to find hope and solace in it. To me, it looks like an angel...some say it looks like a heart. I hope I didn't do the wrong thing and upset you as that was a sad day Sept.11, 2001 but that cloud somehow affected me . The cloud that day, I hoped it was a sign that the folks that passed were o.k. and in a better place. Hugs, J.

edit on 6-6-2013 by shrevegal because: Added a thought.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by shrevegal

Though we may never meet in person in this life, I am so glad we have met here on ATS and I am looking forward to meeting you beyond the suffering and sorrow of this world. When I meet a like minded person like you I am thankful for my life and realize what an honor it is to connect at a deeper level. My spirit recognizes you my sister and my heart is glad! I pray for you that you will find that peace that surpasses all understanding.

posted on Jun, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Grief reminds us that we are fragile and that we are still human and that we can still feel. In my life I have met a number of people that closed up their hearts in an attempt to protect themselves from further pain. Unfortunately that effort also blocks them from experiencing love. It is love that heals us. It is love that sets us free.

I send you my love and hope you will accept it as part of your healing.

I will be looking forward to when you post your poem.

posted on Jun, 7 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Thank you grayeagle for what you have said as I so needed to hear such words. I have had a particularly bad night...lack of sleep, anxiety, nightmares when sleep did come, so reading your words settled my mind, warmed my heart and fed my soul. Yes, I do hope we will get to meet when we join the Spirit in the sky. Blessings to you!

top topics

join