It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My UFO Experience - Australia 2010

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Hey there guys. Long time reader, first time poster. I thought I'd share my UFO experience after having it sitting there in the back of my mind for a few years. I've only shared this my girlfriend and a very open minded friend purely out of fear of embarrassment. I didn't know anything about the UFO phenomena at the time. I don't really care if people believe me or not but remember I have no reason to make this up.

2010 - East Coast of Australia.

It was 2 or 3AM, I was not tired at all as I wouldn't actually go to bed until 5 or 6AM during the period this occurred. I went outside 2 or 3 times every night for a cigarette and would stand on top of this 1.2 metre tall stack of bricks near my back fence to have an unobstructed view of the night sky. The bricks I were standing on were close and adjacent to the fence that divided my house and my neighbors and would give me a full view over their fence.

So I was standing looking straight in the direction of the fence at the trees in the distance when a bright, circular ball of light swooped down very quickly into my line of sight. It came in a smooth arc from the upper left, down to my height, and then back up to the right. It was between 30-60cm (1-2 foot) in diameter, and was about 4 or 5 metres in front of me.

It was going very fast however time felt like it slowed down when I was looking at it. I don't mean that in any strict sense, it was just one of those things that happened so fast that it was almost slow... you know what I mean, some people say that about car crashes and such probably because their mind becomes so alert. I cannot remember the area I was in lighting up, however the ball of light was by no means dim. The light flew off into the right side of my field of view as fast as it came in however I didn't see it fly away as clearly as I saw it come in due to trees in the neighbors back yard obstructing the view.

After this happened I just stood there completely still, struck by awe, my mind trying to make sense of what it just saw. I did this for a good 4 or 5 minutes. It was strange, my mind had been confronted with something that made no rational sense whatsoever. No technology or natural phenomena I knew of could act in this way. The only thing I could come up with, which makes even less sense than a UFO explanation, was that it was a bird or bat that had light reflecting from it's eyes but I knew that just didn't make sense since what I saw was literally a big ball of bright light. I see birds and bats flying around my suburb at night all the time, I've even seen them when they have a light shining in their direction, lighting up their eyes and they just look like any other animal with light in their eyes.

I went back inside and continued what I was doing, I didn't even do a Google search or anything. What just happened didn't really fit... it felt like nothing was changing that so I just went about my business. It wasn't until early 2012 that I had stumbled across a YouTube video of a mass sighting of orbs flying around over some city that I started thinking about what I saw that night. I then started reading UFO accounts and these bright orbs of light that everyone was talking about was exactly what I saw. If I hadn't seen that thing but had still done some research into the UFO field I think I might still not believe that something strange was going on on our planet. But I do now. I think it's silly that people go around spouting things out like "ball lightning" around these type of reports. The thing that I saw very much seemed like it purposely swooped down right in front of me. It was not crackling, did not seem to give off light to the surroundings, or any heat.

I have never seen anything like what I saw, so I find it very interesting that my encounter involved an object swooping down right in front of me, rather than a distant sighting. I have the sense that it may have seen me standing there, calmly observing the night sky and decided to pay me a visit or test my reaction or something. I realise the implications of that (something piloting or controlling the craft) but if it happened to you I'm certain that you'd think the same. I am a level headed person, what I've described here could not of been some kind of natural phenomena (I've read up on any possible natural things that it could have been and the only thing that matched was ball lightning, and ball lightning doesn't work in the same way this thing did). As well, what are the odds of seeing a very, very rare natural phenomena happen; and for that natural phenomena to seemingly avoid obstacles (which there were a lot of - trees, fences, car ports etc)? I very much believe that what I saw that night was a piece of intelligently controlled and highly sophisticated piece of technology. I won't say it was piloted or controlled by something from another planet because I guess it could have been some kind of highly classified government or privately owned technology too.

I think this experience is an important one due to the fact that what I saw wasn't up in the sky, ie, it definitely wasn't a plane, helicopter or satellite. Hope you enjoyed the read guys, I look forward to any questions or input!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
It sounds like a plasma ball. Did you feel any electrostatic effects during your experience?

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by CatCoin

Love to have seen that! Did you experience any missing time? My friend has taken photos of these orbs and when examined closely there are pictures of beings shown in them. Maybe Google beings in orbs on the net. I am yet to decide whether they are spirits or "ufo" related. I do believe they are intelligent light beings of some kind.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by CatCoin

Don't have anyone try telling you it was something else. You had an experience the majority of people have never encountered. I get tired of hearing people trying to explain things away when they were not there or personally witnessed it. Most people who witness such an event will first try to connect it to a known natural occurrence and if that doesn't explain it, they'll research their sightings on the internet to help identify it.

Eventually you come to the conclusion that what you saw has no physical, environmental or atmospheric connection. Stand your ground unless something arises that explains it away. There are too many sightings that are similar to yours that can't be easily explained.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
G'Day CatCoin,

Will you consider reporting the incident to your local UFO tracking authority from this list?
ACUFOS UFO Reporting Group Directory

Their informative and scientific publication, is UFO Quest.

Cheers!

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The time slowing down thing is called tachypsychia. It happens when you are startled or in imminent danger. It happens as a adrenal response where massive amounts of dopamine and nueronepherine (sp) are dumped into the blood and brain. I've only experienced it in car crashes and a few fights i've been in.

The point is the fact you got tachypsychia during the event means you saw something that genuinely startled you to a high degree, which in my opinion adds weight to your testimony. Also the few minutes of confusion where you stood around pondering what you had just saw is something I've felt after the episode of tachypsychia. Its from the adrenalin dump burning off in your body.

Whatever it is you saw it was very real, very strange and startling. Personally I think you got checked out by or was just in the right place at the right time to see a UFO probe.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing , the number of people seeing these lights now is remarkable . Well done my friend for taking the time to document this sighting .

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR
The time slowing down thing is called tachypsychia. It happens when you are startled or in imminent danger. It happens as a adrenal response where massive amounts of dopamine and nueronepherine (sp) are dumped into the blood and brain. I've only experienced it in car crashes and a few fights i've been in.

The point is the fact you got tachypsychia during the event means you saw something that genuinely startled you to a high degree, which in my opinion adds weight to your testimony. Also the few minutes of confusion where you stood around pondering what you had just saw is something I've felt after the episode of tachypsychia. Its from the adrenalin dump burning off in your body.

Whatever it is you saw it was very real, very strange and startling. Personally I think you got checked out by or was just in the right place at the right time to see a UFO probe.

Ha , i`v just been listening to and old C2C show on utube and they were talking about this tachypsychia , except they didnt have a name for it only a description . Very interesting post thanks .

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I was thinking 'UFO probe' as well. There seem to be quite a few of those sightings that are similar to yours, one that comes to mind was a daytime sighting of one of those small orbs in Israel.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

"Plasma ball" is the incorrect term for the ball lightning phenomena which I've looked into already. I've seen photo's of ball lightning and read up on how it works. Ball lightning was almost banished from the scientific community due to lack of evidence and thus lack of research. There is more evidence and research in the UFO field than there is the ball lightning one...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BASSPLYR

Thankyou so much for that mate, that makes a ton of sense. And yeah, due to the arcing/flying down perfectly in front of me it very much seemed like it randomly saw me there and decided to make it's presence known.

As for that missing time question, I don't recall any and didn't feel any different after the sighting. I did however start having weird dreams involving orbs but I would say that wouldn't mean anything.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Where abouts are you on the East Coast Catcoin?

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krusty the Klown

Central Coast. About 1.5 hours North of Sydney. You East Coast of NSW too?
edit on 3-6-2013 by CatCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatCoin

Central Coast. About 1.5 hours North of Sydney. You East Coast of NSW too?

Cool
I was born and raised there

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 04:08 AM
link   
reply to post by CatCoin

Yes, I am about 6 hours north of you.

Lot's of people see UFO's around here, but you do not tend to believe too many people from the Byron Bay and Nimbin area!!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

reply to post by CatCoin

Yes, I am about 6 hours north of you.

Lot's of people see UFO's around here, but you do not tend to believe too many people from the Byron Bay and Nimbin area!!!!!

Too many trippers.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by CatCoin
So I was standing looking straight in the direction of the fence at the trees in the distance when a bright, circular ball of light swooped down very quickly into my line of sight. It came in a smooth arc from the upper left, down to my height, and then back up to the right. It was between 30-60cm (1-2 foot) in diameter, and was about 4 or 5 metres in front of me.

I remember seeing an orange glowing ball of light around a 5 cent piece in size (held at arms length in front) zig-zagging through the night's sky around 5 years ago, making no sound & making perfect oscillations. Very interesting.

Also, I am originally from mid north NSW

Not too far away!

edit on 3-6-2013 by pnormal because: Failure to quote properly.

edit on 3-6-2013 by pnormal because: Yet again having trouble! Fixed Now.

posted on Jun, 3 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by CatCoin

Light dancing around that defies logic...Was it orange?

new topics

top topics

join