It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange snow circles in Russia - Hoax?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Not sure if it's the right forum to post this, as it could also belongs to the "ATS skunk works" forum, depends on how you grasp this phenomenon.

I would like to 'hear' what you, ATS friends, have to say about these circles and if you consider these to be either alien-made or human-made. And if human-made, according to you, how could it be possible to create such circle in snow without leaving any traces? What exact device/process could it be possible to use?

The event below occurred back in November 2012 in Russia, around Kemerovo 200km NE of Novossibirsk.

Roughly translated from Russian:

Residents of the Kemerovo region Promyshlennaya have found in the snowy fields 12 unusual circles of the same size (1 m 90 - 6.2 ft) without any footprints in fresh snow nearby.

People have even decided to do night patrols on site to determine who is the author of this work: pranksters or aliens.

The villagers ask to journalists to help them find the answer. Channel "STS Kuzbass" went there and captured the mysterious circles in the video.

Original source (Russian)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:24 PM
link   
They look like tractor tire imprints to me.2nd.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawg61

That close to the "road" could have been done with a boom truck easily I would think.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DenyObfuscation

Originally posted by TDawg61

That close to the "road" could have been done with a boom truck easily I would think.
I thought exactly the same thing.Would look just like the pic.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Cool find... thanks for sharing... S & F.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Its been so cold and wet this year in the south west of the UK no one has been out making crop circles at all so far .

Its a school holiday this week, maybe a team will get out and make one if the weather stays good.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 08:34 PM
link   
If it's a hoax wheres the footprints? I didn't see any.

-SAP-

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
If it's a hoax wheres the footprints? I didn't see any.

-SAP-

Greetings,

There doesn't need to be footprints. With the markings being close to the road then picture the scene >

Lorry pulls up with a Hiab [small grab arm fixed to the lorry]
Hiab grabs a tractor tyre and lowers it in to the snow
The tractor tyre makes a print in the snow
This happens a few more times
Tractor pulls Hiab back and drops tyre on lorry
Lorry drives of....

HOAX!!!!

Very easily done.

Be safe be well

Spiro

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

The pattern on the outside edge of the rings lends weight to the idea that someone's hoaxing with (possibly) tractor tyres. The pattern seems regular and evenly spaced out like a manufactured tyre tread.

Seems reasonable as far as any hoax can deemed 'reasonable.'

One small problem with the idea is looking for the tracks of whatever vehicle was able to hoist the tyre/s in order to make the sequence of rings. In the video, the camera pans round and at 1:14 we can see parallel tracks that *might* be from the guilty vehicle. Looking at the tracks, I can't make my my mind up if they're too close together to be from a 4-wheeled vehicle and could be from a motorbike.

On the other hand, the arc of the pattern could conceivably be an outcome of a swinging-arm rotating from a centre and that brings us back to the 'boom-arm' explanation.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Not saying they're the same, but how big does anyone think the saucer in this video is? Footage is good imo

Originally posted by Kandinsky

The pattern on the outside edge of the rings lends weight to the idea that someone's hoaxing with (possibly) tractor tyres. The pattern seems regular and evenly spaced out like a manufactured tyre tread.

Seems reasonable as far as any hoax can deemed 'reasonable.'

One small problem with the idea is looking for the tracks of whatever vehicle was able to hoist the tyre/s in order to make the sequence of rings. In the video, the camera pans round and at 1:14 we can see parallel tracks that *might* be from the guilty vehicle. Looking at the tracks, I can't make my my mind up if they're too close together to be from a 4-wheeled vehicle and could be from a motorbike.

On the other hand, the arc of the pattern could conceivably be an outcome of a swinging-arm rotating from a centre and that brings us back to the 'boom-arm' explanation.

It's possible but I think you're being slightly insulting to those in the report, I'm sure they may have thought about it already.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:18 AM
link   
I'm going with Hoax. Like others have said, a boom arm could swing out holding a tire and make those prints. From the symmetry, I'd say they didn't move the truck and just made prints on each side.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Yup looks like a boom arm and a tractor tire ,marks on each side of the road lol, move along nothing to see here. Too much Vodka and time on some Russians hands...

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

What are these supposed to be hoaxing anyway? 8 small doughnut shaped UFOs gently touching down in a snowy field?

These could have been easily created, as others have stated before it looks as if someone laid out some pretty big tires and moved them along the roadside.

Not convinced anything other than some country fun is at play.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum

Not saying they're the same, but how big does anyone think the saucer in this video is?

Small. Diameter looks a little larger than a frisbee. No detailed closeups of the object, as usual. Poor quality footage, as usual. Camera jiggling so badly, it might as well have been filmed from inside a high speed tumble dryer.

Footage is good imo

Are you serious? It's one of the worst I've seen. So bad that 'ShakyCam' would be a compliment!

Why are UFO enthusiasts always the people with no idea how to use video and photographic equipment? You'd think after all this time we'd have at least one who knew what the hell he was doing, but no... all we get is blurry long shots, frantic jiggles, crazy cutaways and random focusing.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevenaugust
Not sure if it's the right forum to post this, as it could also belongs to the "ATS skunk works" forum, depends on how you grasp this phenomenon.

I would like to 'hear' what you, ATS friends, have to say about these circles and if you consider these to be either alien-made or human-made.

They're about as credible as my uncle Dmitry's nasal hair implants.

And trust me, that's bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Not saying they're the same, but how big does anyone think the saucer in this video is?

Small. Diameter looks a little larger than a frisbee. No detailed closeups of the object, as usual. Poor quality footage, as usual. Camera jiggling so badly, it might as well have been filmed from inside a high speed tumble dryer.

Footage is good imo

Are you serious? It's one of the worst I've seen. So bad that 'ShakyCam' would be a compliment!

Why are UFO enthusiasts always the people with no idea how to use video and photographic equipment? You'd think after all this time we'd have at least one who knew what the hell he was doing, but no... all we get is blurry long shots, frantic jiggles, crazy cutaways and random focusing.

The guy was in his back yard sawing mate, I don't think he expected to catch a saucer zoom by his head

Anyway, my point is the saucer in that footage is probably a couple metres wide or so, could easily have made those imprints in the snow, provided they ain't tire marks

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Imagine we humans invent warp drive.

Imagine we travel to another star system with an inhabited planet.

Imagine what we would do to interact with them.

Yeah... draw pictures in crops and snow.

link   

The guy was in his back yard sawing mate

Oh really? How many people take a camera with them to saw wood in the yard? Hah!

And once he had the camera out, why didn't he just keep the bloody thing still?

Anyway, my point is the saucer in that footage is probably a couple metres wide or so, could easily have made those imprints in the snow, provided they ain't tire marks

Much smaller than 2 metres, and definitely not responsible for the snow imprints.

link   
reply to post by PheonixReborn

More like hovering just above the snow mate, drawing in snow would just be stupid

Originally posted by Sankari

The guy was in his back yard sawing mate

Oh really? How many people take a camera with them to saw wood in the yard? Hah!

And once he had the camera out, why didn't he just keep the bloody thing still?

Much smaller than 2 metres, and definitely not responsible for the snow imprints.

He was trying to get his friends attention (who was sawing at the time), he filmed using his mobile camera also, HAH!

Clearly, we have different ideas of size ratio also.

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hello Z, back in the 'good old days' of challenging UFO reports, there were one or two 'landing cases' where estimates were made of the weight of the object that created the holes/rings/traces. In this case, the weight of the object that created the depressions wasn't heavy enough to break the snow cover and expose the ground beneath. I've rolled a few tractor tyres in my time and can imagine that weight would leave a similar impression.

I think people in this thread have made a strong case for it being an object suspended from a vehicle. However, as I pointed out, I'm not 100% about those tracks when the camera pans. Seems to me the case would be closed if the tracks can be identified.

Nothing to do with weight mate, talking about effects given off by possible object, easily melt snow and seeing as we don't know too much about these effects, it's possible

Could be a fake easily though, but tractor tires seems too easy an option imo.
edit on 2-6-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

Hello Z, back in the 'good old days' of challenging UFO reports, there were one or two 'landing cases' where estimates were made of the weight of the object that created the holes/rings/traces. In this case, the weight of the object that created the depressions wasn't heavy enough to break the snow cover and expose the ground beneath. I've rolled a few tractor tyres in my time and can imagine that weight would leave a similar impression.

I think people in this thread have made a strong case for it being an object suspended from a vehicle. However, as I pointed out, I'm not 100% about those tracks when the camera pans. Seems to me the case would be closed if the tracks can be identified.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join