It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military memebers, Lets share our UFO/USO stories!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+14 more 
posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:14 PM
link   
A good chunk of active duty and retired military members have seen several instances of lights in the sky or in the sea. Many of us have heard stories of "Foo Fighters" in WWII. However, UFOs/USOs are still commonly seen by deployed soldiers, sailors, airmen, and marines.

I'll kick it off with a couple that I witnessed while on Active duty in the U.S. Navy from 2008-2012.

1. This first one is actually two separate stories that happened within a few days of each other. This happened while I was attending Sonar "A" school at FLEETASWTRACEN at Point Loma in San Diego, California. The first one happened late at night while sitting at the smoking area behind the schoolhouse. It was me, a Chief Petty Officer who lived on base, and a few of my classmates. It was late at night, and we were all sitting at the tables there smoking and talking. A light, in the direction of Ocean Beach (West) caught my attention. At first I thought it was an airliner coming into the airport as planes approach the runway from that direction. It was a bright light, like the landing lights of a plane. I watched it on it's northerly course, it was climbing, which struck me as odd, but I didn't think much of it, then I saw another like, like the first, going what appeared to be head on at the first light. I nudged a friend that was nearby and said something like "It kinda looks like those planes are playing chicken." When they seemed to meet in the middle, they became one much brighter light, then appeared to ascend straight up until you could no longer see the light. We just watched it climb until it faded from sight.

The next night, I was sitting on a bench facing the harbor, and Coronado Naval Air Station. I saw 9 red lights all in a row, blinking in sequence from left to right. I watched it for a minute, thinking it was a neat coincidence that the lights were blinking in unison like that. As it got closer, and from my point of view, seemed to be directly over the Air Station, the three lights on the right broke off, and headed in the direction of the Submarine base, then the second group of three, then the third. Immediately, 3 F-18s scrambled off of the runway in that direction. The odd thing about that is that this was around 11:00 PM, and as far as I know, they're not allowed to launch jets after 9:00PM unless it's an emergency, due to the noise that they create.

2. The second UFO that I saw was about 200 nautical miles off the coast of Malaysia. I was a sonar tech, and down in Sonar Control, we had a passive broad band contact that was so loud it was taking up 1/4 of the display. It was also moving very fast, but we were unable to get a speed on it as it went by so quick. The only thing we could determine was that it was no known submarine or surface vessel, due to it's speed. We were much to far out for it to be a small boat, there were no radar contacts or visual contacts that correlated with it.

3. The third one that I saw was in the Persian Gulf. I was standing on the Smoke Deck with a few other shipmates about 1:00 AM. One of the others standing there directed our attention to a red light just off the horizon that was doing some incredible maneuvers. It would tear off one direction at incredible speed only to instantly move off in the opposite direction. Then it would do figure eights for a few seconds, then it would go strait into the air, and back down again. We watched it for a good 5 minutes or so, then it disappeared altogether. I have no Idea how far away it was, but it seemed to be on the horizon. I had maintenance to do in Combat, so I made my way down there, and asked the SPY-1D operator, a friend of mine, if they had any fast moving contacts around bearing 270, but they had nothing like what I described. I called the chart room and asked the Quartermaster who was there if the lookouts had reported it, and they had, but there had been no radar confirmation.

Well, that's all I've got, Looking forward to hearing everyone else's stories.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by dave_welch

As to number 2 in your OP what was the speed? The Navy tested a large surface vessel years back that was running over 50kts off the coast of New England and it pissed more that a few fisherman off as the Navy tried to push civies out of the area for the test and the secret ship about ran over one boat. It was all posted on a fishing forum a few years back.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Patriotsrevenge

We didn't really have time to get the speed, but we would've known if it was a US Navy vessel. All the electronic charts Identify Naval vessels by name and hull number.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I am Security Forces in the Air Force and I am stationed at one of our northern most bases in the U.S. There has been many days when we have been sitting out on the ramps and seen strange things. One night last summer my partner and myself seen what looked bright enough to be the moon over the runway. No air craft were out and had none coming in. It was slowly moving across the sky and slowly blinked out. I looked at my partner and said if it happens again we weren't losing our from boredom. sure enough it happened again. I checked my watch to make sure we weren't abducted and went to the other side of the flight line.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wish there were more military personnel posting in this thread

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I once spoke to a bomber pilot from ww2. I asked him if he believed in UFO's and he said "damn right I do".

He told me ufo's were all over the place. They would pace along side the plane just out of gun shot range. Apparently if you shoot a bullet, it only goes so far and then falls toward the earth.

Once, he radioed the gunner in the bubble on top of the plane and asked if he could see what he see's... Apparently there was a huge cigar shaped mother ship with a bunch of small ships going into it. He said the mother ship was huge, miles long... He said they could tell how large it was by comparing it to the stars...

He also said one flew straight at him, at the last minute, zooming just over him, and caused his plane to flip over backwards...

He said when they landed they were debriefed... basically told they did not see what they saw, never to speak of it, etc, etc, the usual stuff you here...

The guy was serious, and I believed what he had to say...

Not my story, so, hope you don't mind. But an undocumented story from a veteran in Canada.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong... I don't know anything about bombers, but I think the basic jest is there.

Awesome stories, thanks, and glad you shared.
edit on 1-6-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ByteChanger
I once spoke to a bomber pilot from ww2. I asked him if he believed in UFO's and he said "damn right I do".

He told me ufo's were all over the place. They would pace along side the plane just out of gun shot range. Apparently if you shoot a bullet, it only goes so far and then falls toward the earth.

Once, he radioed the gunner in the bubble on top of the plane and asked if he could see what he see's... Apparently there was a huge cigar shaped mother ship with a bunch of small ships going into it. He said the mother ship was huge, miles long... He said they could tell how large it was by comparing it to the stars...

IHe also said one flew straight at him, at the last minute, zooming just over him, and caused his plane to flip over backwards...

He said when they landed they were debriefed... basically told they did not see what they saw, never to speak of it, etc, etc, the usual stuff you here...

The guy was serious, and I believed what he had to say...

Not my story, so, hope you don't mind. But an undocumented story from a veteran in Canada.

Sorry if my terminology is wrong... I don't know anything about bombers, but I think the basic jest is there.

Awesome stories, thanks, and glad you shared.
edit on 1-6-2013 by ByteChanger because: (no reason given)

Nice story but did you really just explained me gravity also works for bullits? I mean really?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I was stationed at RAF Bentwaters in the early to mid 80's.

Talked to many 3rd party folks about the UFO sightings. Funny thing is, the locals had been seeing sightings for YEARS prior to and after the infamous 1980 incident. Never saw anything myself, though spent more than a few nights in the local pubs hearing stories

+15 more 
posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I've been hanging about here since 2006, but tonight I think I'll try to tell of this gigasignificant turning point in my life. And of course, I just made this here account, as I'd rather not be harboring a MyATS full of ahundred opinions on politics and spur of the moment posts you wish you could take back, and so forth. I mean, I'd just rather be a clean slate about it. Just because, I dunno.

I am a female AF veteran, active duty enlisted, all during the Reagan administration. In 1981 I was assigned to Nellis in Nevada after the training schools. I was new and lowest ranking, but was given a TS/CRYPTO/NATO clearance, If you saw (or merely rent on amazon, etc, and..see) that 1985 movie called The Falcon And The Snowman, well I was put into a cryptographic communications message nerve center very like the one assigned to convicted spy Christopher Boyce, played by Timothy Hutton. His was called TRX but it was reallly TRW. Mine was all military, but still --the same-- .
No, we did not make margaritas in a shredder.
The 'fear of God' was put into us not to sit there and read teletype text, but one time I saw 'UFOB' in the text.
Myself and most of the airman coworkers lived off base in North Las Vegas in apartments. One day, off base, I came into unauthorized possession of a document, 'classified' on the top and bottom, properly, TS/For/Official/Eyes Only. I will direct you later, to a link which tells about how that "unauthorized possession" came about. No, there is no book or dvd (or website of mine.)
This teletype I had, was intelligence reporting about how a group of "objects" came in from "deep space" and "outside the solar system" and then entered an orbit in earth's atmosphere of something like, 16 or 26 "mach" and then 3 of them broke off from the "cluster" and went into the Soviet Union, Moscow area. Where they hung about there, for about an hour. The document continued, that, AWACS tracked them as far as the planes could go.
I will post this for now, because I want to fetch some "pictures, cuz it did happen", and someone more savvy and soforth, might jump in and say "it's not a good idea for you to proceed here with this," or, "proceed, by all means." Hehehehehe...........(gulp)

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by misschareesee

Not trying to derail, but I was there when you were during Red Flag Exercises.

And welcome to ATS!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You are most welcome, beezer, you are a longtime forum'er here, and I respect your stances. I just rounded up some pictures, (oh I well remember Red Flag) but I am a slow interwebser so have (much) patience and also, my story was not complete.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I saw what I thought was a star in the sky outside Tikrit, Iraq back in 2003. As I watched it started to move west to east which I thought was odd because it went from stationary to moving. I figured I just hadn't paid that much attention and it had been moving the whole time. As I watched it move west to east for about a minute, it stopped and remained stationary for about 10 seconds. I thought that this was really odd and there was no way that I simply hadn't been paying attention. After 10 seconds it reversed course and moved east to west. It stayed on the same trajectory and visible for about 2 or 3 minutes when it vanished.

It was about the size of a star, and moved roughly 1/2 way across the sky (which is very large there, obviously) in that 2-3 minute timespan.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:30 PM
link   

I was at Mountain Home AFB.....FB 111-f's.... proud to have ya here, soldier! Crypto....yeah....say no more, mate!!

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   
My story continued:

So here are some photos of me on Nellis, (1981-to-1984) and also my olde post cards. One of me at tech school. I have MANY more pictures of all sorts, but It's not prudent to sit here and make a picture book just now, as I wish to proceed to tell my story. ..... (I think.)

pic]fo51aabc34.jpg[/pic]

edit on 1-6-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I have to edit, it's screwed up. %#$@**&**

Also these are three decade old small photos I held in front of my webcam, which was tedious too. It's why they are blurry.
edit on 1-6-2013 by misschareesee because: z

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   

hey, a telecommunication about that what you posted.....that will be a treat for us. That's really huge . thanks for chiming in.
edit on 1-6-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh...the coolest of names, I swear

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Hoover Dam

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Thanks for the relplies guys! Hoping to see some more posts on here.

Beezer, the place you said you were stationed, is that the location of the imfamous Rendelsham Forest event?

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Yup.

Rendlesham Forest was between RAF Bentwaters and RAF Woodbridge. Woodbridge was created for damaged aircraft to land during WWII so that they didn't mess up the runways on Bentwaters.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   

edit on 2-6-2013 by misschareesee because: redacted

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join