It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the UDC the end of American freedom?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I have seen movies like The Gift and Enemy of the State. But those were movies. And then I find info about the Utah Data Center in a speech by Linda Howe as part of the Citizen Hearing on UFO Disclosure 2013. Here's a link: www.youtube.com... Can anyone confirm if this is for real? Sounds scary.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Google is your friend...

www.wired.com...

Under construction by contractors with top-secret clearances, the blandly named Utah Data Center is being built for the National Security Agency. A project of immense secrecy, it is the final piece in a complex puzzle assembled over the past decade. Its purpose: to intercept, decipher, analyze, and store vast swaths of the world’s communications as they zap down from satellites and zip through the underground and undersea cables of international, foreign, and domestic networks. The heavily fortified $2 billion center should be up and running in September 2013.

It's very real and almost ready to open according to that article.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rolci

Top Secret NSA 5 Zettabyte SPY building "Perfect Surveillence State" Near Completion
www.abovetopsecret.com...
by 33vibe
started on 4/13/2013 @ 10:21 AM

www.foxnews.com...

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
It could be, but at the same time, the sheer amount of data is simply too much for humans to effectively deal with without inspiring fear into the populace to comply. Unless Skynet awakens, it might not be the great beast many suppose it will be. Not approving of such idiotic tyranny. Just saying it is authoritarians beating their chest more than it is anything substantive. And it will be abused to hurt normal people. Mostly iterating that they don't deserve that much respect. Brute, unjust force is just that and always will be. Not much intelligence behind it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Good video. America is in fact sick yet we can only do so much to change the direction it's heading. Those who are in power who want to take on the role of doctor and make it better will likely fare better with good energy/support.

I would like to know exactly how these spy people can watch me taking a shower or doing other private things in my home. I just don't see that as possible yet. But if they wanna see my kid picking his nose on the street then whatever gives them a lift.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
It could be, but at the same time, the sheer amount of data is simply too much for humans to effectively deal with without inspiring fear into the populace to comply. Unless Skynet awakens, it might not be the great beast many suppose it will be. Not approving of such idiotic tyranny. Just saying it is authoritarians beating their chest more than it is anything substantive. And it will be abused to hurt normal people. Mostly iterating that they don't deserve that much respect. Brute, unjust force is just that and always will be. Not much intelligence behind it.

You set up a simple program to flag messages with certain keywords, and bam. There's a limited number of words in the dictionary. It's really not that complex.

I think you greatly underestimate the state of AI right now. Just look at siri. That's some advanced # and it's on every iphone. and that goes with VOICE! Don't let commercials from advertisers fool you. It works very well. and that's what any joe can buy...just imagine what the NSA has.

search for some AI bots to talk to. It's pretty crazy.
Here's one: Cleverbot
edit on 30-5-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rolci

No.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by Rolci

No.

Not the end but maybe the beginning of the end. Not being American you may not know this but in the old days this would have been called wiretapping. This is illegal. If you saw the movie Enemy of the State (good movie btw) now they can just take the calls right out of the air no warrant needed. Americans have the right to privacy this violates that.
edit on 30-5-2013 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have said before that with so much storage and processing power I don't think they will be just recording our calls, I think they will be analyzing us based on everything we do or say and trying to predict who might rebel against them- sort of like minority report.

Bush started pre-emptive war, this could start pre-emptive prosecution.
edit on 31-5-2013 by CB328 because: typo

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
The end of "American freedom"? I don't think there ever was such a thing. Unless you're referring to the original inhabitants of the continent.

top topics

join