It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bin Laden Bodyguard Claims Terror Leader Blew Himself Up

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   

“U.S. special forces did not kill Osama Bin Laden. He detonated himself to avoid being captured after American forces raided his hiding place in Pakistan in 2011,” Abedel Fattah explained to Gulf News.

washington.cbslocal.com...
However, this is not a first person account.

Fattah told Gulf News he was not at the compound during the raid, but he “heard what happened there from Bin Laden’s cousin.”

Abedel says Osama had been wearing an explosive belt for the past ten years of his life.

I try to remain skeptical of all news. I'm trying to figure out a way to corroborate this information. Maybe a before and after photo of Osama's compound?

This is the first I've heard about this but I don't delve that deep into the terrorism threads. Has anyone else heard anything like this?
edit on 30-5-2013 by tanda7 because: sp

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

As far as I'm concerned OBL was long dead before any SEAL team supposedly killed him, and the fact the US gov't will release NO evidence of his so called death is completely SUSPECT. Too boot, they're, the US Gov't, all complete liars and I will never believe anything they have to say, which is why I want them all removed.

What's funny is how many times and ways OBL has apparently died, even after his "official" death. It's to the point where I don't care anymore and I'm sick of hearing about him.

Maybe that's what THEY want?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   
If he did kill himself by explosives it might explain why no pictures are shown and his body dumped, if any of this is true.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

" Abedel says Osama had been wearing an explosive belt for the past ten years of his life. "

Hmm. thats Odd, Bin Laden Died in 2001 of Marfans Disease and Kidney Failure ....Who's the REAL LIAR Here >?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

....Who's the REAL LIAR Here >?
Yeah that's always the question right?
When I hear news like this, first I usually try to work out who would gain from having people believe this.
In this case it's easy to believe radical Muslims would want to discredit the official story.

On the other hand, the lack of documentation of the scene and body, plus the dwindling number of witnesses makes me think twice.

I wouldn't mind reading about this;

Bin Laden Died in 2001 of Marfans Disease and Kidney Failure

Do you have a link?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Wearing explosives for ten years is hard to believe, but...it would explain

The helicopter crash
The "dumped" body
No pictures
Possibly killed soldiers that needed to all "crash" in a helicopter accident coincidentally.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
that would be crazy watching this man wear a bomb belt for ten years. An if he did die in 2001 like some people say, then what could we really gain by saying they killed him now??? < this might be a stupid question, so dont kill me for it.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Isn't Osama a CIA - operative ?

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by dman456
that would be crazy watching this man wear a bomb belt for ten years. An if he did die in 2001 like some people say, then what could we really gain by saying they killed him now??? < this might be a stupid question, so dont kill me for it.

The real question is what don't they have to gain pretending to keep him alive for 10 plus years.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jmore08

i see your point......

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:34 PM
link   
This is very interesting thanks for sharing. I wonder who is telling the truth. There was a news report years ago Osama would rather become a suicide bomber then be captured. Maybe this holds water. I'm skeptical of this because it's confusing!

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicQuest

I believe the American government supported Al Qaeda or other groups who fought against the Soviets during the Afghan war. You never know how far the rabbit hole goes.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by tanda7
reply to post by Zanti Misfit

....Who's the REAL LIAR Here >?
Yeah that's always the question right?
When I hear news like this, first I usually try to work out who would gain from having people believe this.
In this case it's easy to believe radical Muslims would want to discredit the official story.

On the other hand, the lack of documentation of the scene and body, plus the dwindling number of witnesses makes me think twice.

I wouldn't mind reading about this;

Bin Laden Died in 2001 of Marfans Disease and Kidney Failure

Do you have a link?

Here, as far as I know, is the original report (in the US, at least). They say he died of a "lung complication" (presumably a complication of Marfan's, which it is widely known that he had).

Report: bin Laden Already Dead (Fox News)

Bin Laden, according to the source, was suffering from a serious lung complication and succumbed to the disease in mid-December, in the vicinity of the Tora Bora mountains. The source claimed that bin Laden was laid to rest honorably in his last abode and his grave was made as per his Wahabi belief.

About 30 close associates of bin Laden in Al Qaeda, including his most trusted and personal bodyguards, his family members and some "Taliban friends," attended the funeral rites. A volley of bullets was also fired to pay final tribute to the "great leader."

The Taliban source who claims to have seen bin Laden's face before burial said "he looked pale ... but calm, relaxed and confident."

The incident (bin Laden's death) has been referred to continually since 2001, and many well-connected people believe it to be true.

ETA: I just want to add my 2 cents to the usual chorus of "Government Lies to US!" To wit: Government lies to us. They lie to us constantly--big lies and small. Lies so big they have to hide (dishonestly) behind National Security, and go after whistleblowers and reporters for finding them out. And lies so insignificant that a 4-year-old would be embarrassed to be caught in them. All in the service of enslaving us to their globalist plans.

My advice to all of you: Keep connecting the dots. You'll see it eventually....

edit on 5/30/2013 by Ex_CT2 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I've heard rumors about Bin Laden's cousin. Stories like he's been to USA and back to the middle east, and other relatives are secretly in the west while all hell breaks loose over there. How the news rises to the surface like that, I can't tell if it's real or not. I have an assumption that there is not a big motivation to outwardly lie about the facts, because there is no need to because OBL is already dead.

The explosive belt thing doesn't make sense. Mostly for the fact that a compound was invaded, and if there was a weakness on the person the CIA would have some speck of detail about it. Like, from the way he walks he's got something around his middle. Like, military grade hunter seeker people, the kind that go around and can read your soul inside and out and find what they are looking for in less than 10 seconds. And you wonder how they got those security jobs eh?

Now I gather a man like that is going to be prepared and have a belt with something in it. Pills, money, the codes to a safe, poison, something religious, some explosives -- you know, a Batman belt with a bunch of things in it. So yes there could be explosives on hand but it's not a suicide belt. Could it be improvised to go into martyr mode, if it existed? Likely.

The statement from the guard could be being stretched out of context.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

It was also reported by Al Jazeera with the added portion that his body would never be found by the US. He is buried somewhere in the mountains between Afghanistan and Pakistan. At least that is what they reported. So, yes, OBL has been dead for quite sometime now and was long dead way before Seal Team 6. And people in the US believe Seal Team 6 killed him.

I wonder who Seal Team 6 murdered and was labeled OBL? Even if they knew it wasn't OBL they won't be talking as those loose ends have been tied.
edit on 5/31/2013 by pstrron because: spelling

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Cooperating with Al-Qaeda and Taliban? Why not?

It seems America decided to cooperate with Al-Qaeda and Taliban terrorists and for negotiations US Department of State sent Wendy R. Sherman, the under secretary for political affairs, to Afghanistan with a secret visit to meet with Ayman al-Zawahiri, the new leader of Al-Qaeda, and Mullah Omar, the spiritual leader of Taliban, and they achieved an agreement that suppose united actions against Hezbollah's and Iran's Shiites whom they fight in Syria. So it comes out that Washington forgave these terrorists for what they did to our country and for every man we lost. And terrorists forgave America for killing bin Laden. Look how they simply turned the page and started writing a new chapter of good relations between America and islamist beasts. I just wonder do folks in the White House really believe that terrorists will forget everything. Their only purpose is global islamic order and America will always stay their worst enemy. This venture is another tragedy for our country.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:18 AM
link   
The whole boogeyman thing was getting too hard to mainain.
The CIA had to manufacture Osamas death so they could honourably withdraw from Afghanistan. (sort of a face saving gesture...
"Oh well, we couldnt lick those talibans, but we sure shot hell out of Osama Bin Laden"
Now the boys can come ome victorius again....
How Much of this BS will America choke down?

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmore08

Originally posted by dman456

The real question is what don't they have to gain pretending to keep him alive for 10 plus years.

War for money and oil......Boogey man to keep people interested in the war effort.....

They have to keep the people's interest in the war or there would have been an outrage to stop spending money and get our troops out!! That happened while they claimed Bin Laden was still alive, imagine what it would have been if he died years before!!

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
There are so many claims that Bin Laden died sometime before may 2011 its unreal, the conspiracy theorists who argue that Bin Laden was dead long before Operation Neptune Spear cant even agree on how he supposedly died.

I have read quite a lot on Al-Qa'ida and i think by now most of Bin Laden's biographies and i have looked into most of the claims that he died of x,y or z. I looked into most of these claims as they came out, that is to say before the events of last year. lots of people read lots of press reports that Bin Laden died of Typhoid, Addisons disease, Kidney failure, Marfan Syndrome or that he was Diabetic or that he was killed by Omar Shaikh or that the Americans got him during the battle of Tora-Bora. The list really does go on and go, to get into all of these claims would take up a thread each but lets just look at a few of the claims made in the OP.

Bin Laden Blew him self up

this is the claim being made by the OP that rather than being captured according to Bin Laden's bodyguard he blew himself up.

This video and a picture shows bedroom that Bin Laden was shot by DEVGRU according to the official version you will no there is no evidence that he blew himself up. if you look at this picture there is zero evidence of a explosion lots of blood and mess but nothing that looks like explosive damage. In the aftermath of the operation there was lots of journalists kicking about and Pakistani security forces none of whom it would seem reported any explosion inside the house. The only explosion of note would be that of the Black Hawk and perhaps flash-bangs used in the raid.

There is no mention of any suicide bombing either in any of the literature on the raid although the various versions of the story disagree on some minor detail's, they all agree he was shot by DEVGRU and that was the cause of death.

The actual claim itself as well as not being supported by the any other evidence is also not consistent with what i have read from Bin Laden's other bodyguards who have claimed that they were under orders to kill Bin Laden should it ever look like he was to be captured. When you look at this claim in its simplest form it is a former bodyguard who did not witness the event making the claims based on what he heard from Bin laden's cousin (who is not named and may not have been there either). Not the most reliable source and what he has to say is not backed up by any other evidence.

We can all argue as much as we like about how Bin Laden really died but I think it is safe to say he didn't blow himself up during the raid.

edit on 31-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-5-2013 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
UBL never existed. You can never prove to my satisfaction that he did.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join