It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO hunting equip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Hey people of ATS its an honor to finally be a member of this community, i have been a frequent visitor to the website for couple of years now and my main interest is the UFO and alien phenomenon .I have seen weird things in the sky many times that amazed me to the core and i want to capture it on camera next time when i see it,
so i was wondering what equipment are the best for both day and night watching ,namely what types of cameras
and etc. you can post links here below if you have any ideas

many thanks IceSkywatcher,
THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I would guess uv, thermal, and infrared nightvision, although I have no idea if those would pick up something so advanced. I believe NASA uses uv to film UFO's but those are probably out of the price range, as well as any decent thermal with a zoom capability. Personally if I could afford it, I would use a 16" schmidt cassegrain telescope, and then attach a camera to the back so you have some real power to get up close.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Welcome, get yourself a first generation camera phone with little to no zoom and no more than 1.0mp....this is the best way of convincing people what you have captured is aliens, rather than the mundane things people see every day

Also get some editing software (nothing to good, windows movie maker will do) to add random useless filters, or if you want to try and find something that isnt there then id recommend Photozoom (standard or pro).

Good luckand cant wait to see you UFO pictures/videos

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the warm welcomes,
i have been surfin the web since i posted this thread and i found some usefull things.
I am a camera amature and my budget is not big but starting small is good enough for me

this website is kinda cool

www.ufostop.com...
I think the full spectrum HD camcorder is a good start

also this

www.ebay.com... Cameras&hash=item35c7a60e49

cheap but promising

once again thanks for the responses and i cant wait to post some UFO pics/vids on here to share.
Lots of love from Iceland and keep on looking to the skies

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
You should keep a 50BMG on hand, too. Just in case. I prefer the Barrett myself, for those pesky aliens that just won't take 'no' for an answer.

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

haha yeah i should probably do that if they turn out to be hostile
but there is only one thing i cant get those kind of firearms where i live but i can
get a crossbow or a hunting rifle

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IceSkywatcher
Thanks for the warm welcomes,
i have been surfin the web since i posted this thread and i found some usefull things.
I am a camera amature and my budget is not big but starting small is good enough for me

this website is kinda cool

www.ufostop.com...
I think the full spectrum HD camcorder is a good start

also this

www.ebay.com... Cameras&hash=item35c7a60e49

cheap but promising

once again thanks for the responses and i cant wait to post some UFO pics/vids on here to share.
Lots of love from Iceland and keep on looking to the skies

One suggestion, DONT buy anything from a website with UFO in the URL. I just found the exact camera for $159, as opposed to their $339.
Even the ebay link you give shows an unbranded chinese piece of junk!!! I bet that cost no more than probably $50 to buy without the $5 filter and the sticker on the side lol.

Or maybe wait until i can get a site up and running selling things for at least twice the price because i stick a filter over the lens (cost about $5 tops!) and say they are for hunting UFO's

UFO camera, Ghost camera....buy a camera and add the filter yourself. Its a bit of coloured plastic that sits in front of the lens.
edit on 30-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
One suggestion, DONT buy anything from a website with UFO in the URL. I just found the exact camera for $159, as opposed to their $339.
Even the ebay link you give shows an unbranded chinese piece of junk!!! I bet that cost no more than probably $50 to buy without the $5 filter and the sticker on the side lol.

Or maybe wait until i can get a site up and running selling things for at least twice the price because i stick a filter over the lens (cost about $5 tops!) and say they are for hunting UFO's

UFO camera, Ghost camera....buy a camera and add the filter yourself. Its a bit of coloured plastic that sits in front of the lens.
edit on 30-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

A lot of sensors in these cameras can detect some uv and ir. Most cameras have a filter built in to block this, so they take it out in order for the sensor to get that light, in turn seeing broader spectrum to detect things our eyes can't see. By putting the filter in it makes the visual light we see better, as well as not being able to see through peoples clothes.

edit on 30-5-2013 by Freezer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by IceSkywatcher

Welcome, IceSkywatcher.

You are my kind of people!

Come visit my thread ( see my signature ) for many UFO encounter stories being shared. Of course, that's not the only topic, but there are MANY, including my own. 147 pages, and counting.

Hope to see you there!

top topics

join