It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable Proof of Intelligent Design.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

I don't know why you're making this point, because they are geometrical relationships based on approximations, to show the design aspects, and for all due purposes the earth is round and a sphere, or as close to it as it needed for this kind of evaluation.

Originally posted by NewAgeMan

Originally posted by MmmPie
The Earth isn't a sphere

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Why do we need the moon and the stars. Not to mention all the other planets solar systems galaxy's and what else, If we are the centre of the universe. If someone could explain why they are there I'd be more than happy to stop asking questions (not) a little education in maths would be a start for most people. You can't argue with numbers. If done correctly things like carbon dating etc prove the earth is more than 6 thousand years old etc and blow the bible out of the water why are people still arguing about this. It's no more real than Santa clause or the Easter bunny get a grip an evolve like the rest of the human race. A thousand years from now your religion will be no more relevant than the egiption religion is to us now but science and maths will still be here. Facts are undeniable and there is nothing in the bible that is fact and that's a fact. You don't go to heaven when you die and even the bible says that it's reserved for the few. Stop being a pawn live your life as its the only one you've got and when it's over it's over no heaven no hell that's it. There is no intelligent design if there was explain cancer, heart disease etc. was that built in what kind of sick bastard would do that. Oh wait that is the sick bastard that made child rapists and the ingredients for chemical weapons. Lets just put all those deaths down to gods will shall we. What about earthquakes or tsunamis volcanoes or hurricanes all of gods will that can be explained by science guess he didn't care about those killed in those or he wanted them closer to him, # those who loved them his priority takes president . God works in mysterious ways yeh like totally random a bit like there is no one there thing just happen (# happens) # god # Allah etc whatever you want to call him he's not there prove to me he's there and I will show you he's a sick #.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Censorship gets you every time

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by guyver645

Yeah a little self-sensorship on your part, before responding with a flat out anti-religious rant might have saved you, but it was very funny, I'm telling you honestly I got a big laugh out of it, but don't get me wrong I'm not laughing at you, just the absurdity of both religious fanaticism and anti-religious sentiment neither of which hit the nail on the head, but if both were to get together in a mutually tolerant manner, and really investigate and study and seek out and find our true place in the creation and the grand scheme of things, then my God there might be hope for us all, and God doesn't need to BE God even if he exists and would gladly embrace the brotherhood of man as family, which is already our true state of being, if I might be so bold to add, as intended. So it's HILARIOUS, you see, like a joke at everyone's expense, including both my own and yours too.

We must deny ignorance and also approach each other with enough mutual respect just to see what the other guy is saying and trying to convey.

You'll see. God we cannot fathom anyway, but if we find ourselves living in a "house" created for our INCLUSION ie: not JUST for us, necessarily, shouldn't we just relax and take it easy and maybe have a beer or something (I'm Canadian, so beer's always in there somewhere down the line)? You know chill out, and "not be afraid or let our hearts be troubled because it obviously pleased the first father of creation to SHARE the kingdom with all his children (begotten from) everywhere, starting right here of all places (where else?) and with none other than you and me, now.

I'll go first, or last, whatever the case may be I don't care. People I care about, so for God's sake man or just for our own, there's no need to be insulting or abusive, you know? Cheers..raises beer.

NAM

edit on 31-5-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I will never believe in intelligent design because no one can prove that the shapes and "perfections" in nature are caused by a supernatural sentient being.

It is absolute HS and I will have no part in it.

God or any intelligent creator is an idea invented by man with nothing but an old mistranslated book hemorrhaging
hippocrasy and flowing with contradictions can back up if you wanna even call it as such.
edit on 31-5-2013 by RothchildRancor because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Did I miss the large glass of willful ignorance that is evidently being passed around this thread? The OP offers some thoughtful and compelling points, and after carefully considering the arguments brought forth in the following seven pages I can't help but notice that careless/baseless attacks and ad homenims account for most of what has transpired here. Next time, dear reader, do yourself a favor and at least to the best of your ability try to understand the ponderances presented before attempting to argue against them. That is, if you are honestly seeking for truth rather than a soap-box to espouse your own ill-concieved life philosophies. Otherwise, please carry on.

Kudos to the OP for maintaining such a congenial disposition amidst such utter ignorance & hostility.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Afewloosescrews because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
While I find the OP interesting, I always feel the need to mention the confirmation bias. Let me point out. The universe/ multiverse has been around a very long time, and it is infinitesimally, incomprehensibly big. When you consider the nature of entropy and chaos, cosmic storms... a pool of elements INFINITELY LARGE, and a timeline INFINITELY LONG, does it not seem a little bit silly to say things shouldn't have ended up this way? Yes you'll always find mathematical structures in nature, but that's because math was born out of observing nature. Consider the way gravity and electromagnetism would pull on things in deep space.
I think this stuff is interesting, but I can't say it's real proof.
I suspect consciousness DID precede the organization of material forms, but it's just speculation. However, I applaud the OP for this thread and I think this stuff should continue to be discussed. That's my 2 cents.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   
picture or it didnt happen......
ummm wait a second...

thanks

LOVE

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

Seems a little unfair as i presume if he did, you'd ask for some sort of reference/facts.... No win it seems.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Intelligent design doesn't necessarily mean "God did it" Do i believe this is all "luck" that this planet has a LOT of patterns etc? No. If you chose to believe that we just got lucky, that's your choice. But i think it's misguided.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:47 AM
link   
NAM nothing you have shared in the past seven pages is proof of intelligent design. Throwing out a bunch of geometric shapes is proof of nothing but the fact that we as humans see symbols and geometry in everything. As I stated earlier in this thread, the sheer amount of stars, planets and other space rocks lends a high probability to the same configuration appearing again and again throughout the Universe.

This planet is far from special and the people on it even further. The only evidence for intelligent design is a 2000plus year old book containing more contradictions than anything else. We are the product of natural forces and luck. Evolution and luck that we haven't been smashed by an asteroid or comet in the very short scale of time we have existed.

I personally believe life is a constant in the universe, but to attribute it to some sky-wizard while ignoring all the hard science that we have discovered over the course of our minute existence is denying the true wonder behind the universe. Once again, no god is required to explain our existence.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by OpenMinds83

OpenMinds That's what I'm saying.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
reply to post by boymonkey74

Please carefully analyze and come to grips with the geometrical relationships involved, and then we'll have the debate, with you arguing for random coincidence and me for intentional design in favor of life arising from a first cause since it's framed relative to the rest of the galaxy and cosmos.

This thread is hilarious.

Are you really that small-minded that you think the key to the universe's creation lies within our sight; all here in orbit of our planet.

I think the proportional sizes and distance of the moon/earth/sun have more do do with their mass, their gravitational pull, and their density. Everything in nature finds an equilibrium. It's just that simple.

Maybe I've not really grasped the key piece of "evidence" that you've posted that proves intelligent design though. Care to point me in the right direction?

Edit: I liked the picture with all the shapes overlaid on it. Did you make it yourself? When you were scaling up the pyramid to fit the earths diameter, were you using the pole-to-pole D? or the Equatorial D?
edit on 31-5-2013 by Thundersmurf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I am reminded of the following:

There was a puddle in a road. It pondered, "This crevice in which I am located is perfectly suited to my size".

Think about it.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Yes there are geometrical laws in place between the Earth, Sun, and moon. Do you know why? Because nature shapes the rules of geometry, just like nature shapes the formations of planets, moons, and stars. Your geometrical data only serves to advocate this.

Wait a minute, did you know, that if you take the circumference of the Earth, and divide it by its diameter, you get exactly Pi???!!! You say this is just a coincidence?! NO, someone did this on purpose! < This is what you're saying.

Nature formed the shapes of planets into perfect spheres because that's just how gravity naturally shaped them over time. No intelligent designer had to intervene the whole time and shape things his way over time to make this happen. It was simply the combination of natural forces over time, the same forces that make the rules for geometry. So I fail to see how drawing a triangle over a circle and expounding basic high school math proves that someone designed anything. It is strange, however, that our moon never faces away from us because it's orbit is in perfect sync with our orbit and therefore its one face looks at us at all times, and it is a huge coincidence that we happen to be the perfect distance away from the sun and the moon so that their diameters seem the same from our point of view.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
I am reminded of the following:

There was a puddle in a road. It pondered, "This crevice in which I am located is perfectly suited to my size".

Think about it.

^ Thank you! The perfect one liner do denounce these shaky theories of an intelligent designer. There were several intelligent designers, their names are gravity, magnetism, space, and time. I guess if you wanted to be like the ancient Greeks, you could assign personifications and names to these forces of nature to make yourself feel better.
edit on 31-5-2013 by Kody27 because: .

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

Every puddle's water fits like that. Every planet does not work like earth. Given there is enough water falling, all puddles will all fit perfectly to the shape of the crevice. It's not such a random occurrence as is our earth in comparison to everything else around us.

I understand it's not to be taken literally, and I enjoyed the saying,
edit on 31-5-2013 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Phage tore your carefully compiled research apart within a few posts. I don't see why I should take your theories seriously.

FYI: The above post by Phage is the reason I dismissed this thread early on.

Shall we banner and wave your own inconsistencies AI ?

NAM you held your own very well in my opinion, opposite,"The master of the universe ".
( not sarcasm ) And on his home turf as well and even in the face of your use of, " The list".

I stand by my SnF.

edit on 31-5-2013 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Kody27

"is a huge coincidence that we happen to be the perfect distance away from the sun and the moon so that their diameters seem the same from our point of view." I'm sorry but if you can't prove WHY this is the case why on earth would your only explanation be a "coincidence"?

I don't believe everything we see is just "luck" or "coincidence" .... it comes to a point where you have to put aside egos and realize that there may be something more to this planet than the "know it all" human race can comprehend.

posted on May, 31 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Jim Scott

No it's not. The size of the moon to the sun was about right. Give or take. The eclipse part was to do with the precision of a TOTAL eclipse. Not just any random eclipse.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join