It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK er North Korea calls for formal peace treaty!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I knew I could count on you to bring words of wisdom here , I could not agree more, I don not think your wrong either. I have not seen any more updates on this , it could have been smoke and mirror time by Un and the DPRK.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

one of the many reasons he, Un and the DPRK want nukes, to keep that from happening. I doubt that would be in any peace treaty for it is Un and the DPRK that as I understand it will be the writing it. If that is the case then I know SK, US, and Japan and maybe China will not accept it, China could back it , if there is no mention of nukes, but Un wants them, with that in mind they would be in the Peace Treaty.

posted on Jun, 1 2013 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

one of the many reasons he, Un and the DPRK want nukes, to keep that from happening. I doubt that would be in any peace treaty for it is Un and the DPRK that as I understand it will be the writing it. If that is the case then I know SK, US, and Japan and maybe China will not accept it, China could back it , if there is no mention of nukes, but Un wants them, with that in mind they would be in the Peace Treaty.

Oh I think China has had enough of NK now. They will not tolerate NK with nukes. They shall have to go. It is just to close to them. China does not give a too hoots about Iran or even Pakistan or India having them, as quite bluntly the fallout from any exchange wont affect them so much. But if NK presses the red button then the fallout will impact on their population and will lead to difficulty in maintaining THEIR grip on power when people get sick and die en masse and you have food shortages due to crop failures. That I feel is what China is bothered with.

Personally I think that really the UN should meet and discuss sending in the blue helmets to North Korea. Parachute them into the North Korean capital for starters and at the same time take out the missile silos/launchers. And also drop food aid to the people as they are starving. With that underway the UN can go and liberate the concentration camps. I think what they will find will be on a par with the liberation of the camps in Nazi Germany. An evil regime that needs taking out. I want peace but sometimes in order to achieve that peace you have to fight. Hitler would have continued his expansion into Europe and continued the Final Solution had the Allies not declared war. History would be vastly different. And many millions more would be dead.
Why should the ordinary North Koreans be left to endure another 60 years of misery under such an evil dictatorship?

WE NEED ACTION NOW. FREE NORTH KOREA!

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Free North Korea ?? by whom with out getting china upset US SK ? oh that would really set off China. UN ???, their a joke the only time they keep the peace is by US backing er ground troops. No DPRK will stay it is Un that would have to go China will deal with him in time, and no more word on the Peace Talks, seems it is a dead issue

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
What I don't get, is that both the US and China seem to want the same thing. A stable NK as a buffer. Un's just too paranoid to trust in China having his back, so he feels he needs nukes to check the US threat.

The worse part is, Un's nukes don't check the threat. We could nullify his nukes if we wished. So, I just don't get why he is so gung ho on them? He'd be much better off buddying up to China to preserve his rule, than in developing a weapon neither his ally or his enemy want him to have.

If he can go the rest of the year without a nuke test, I'll believe he's sincere, but not holding my breath.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join