It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syria's Civil War Spills Over the Borders: Hezbollah Declares War on Rebels, Vows to Fight With Ass

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Syria's Civil War Spills Over the Borders: Hezbollah Declares War on Rebels, Vows to Fight With Assad

This was coming all along, it was foreseen, and now it has happened. The fear of Syria's Civil War spilling into a region wide war has now been realised. Hezbollah has stated that they will stand with Assad, “whatever the cost." Rockets were fired into Beirut as a result, causing Hezbollah and Assad forces to engage in combat with Syrian Rebels/terrorists:

Two rockets hit a Shi'ite Muslim district of Beirut on Sunday, driving home the risk of spillover from Syria's civil war, after the head of Lebanese Shi'ite movement Hezbollah said it would keep fighting on the Syrian government's side until victory.

It was the first attack to apparently target Hezbollah's stronghold in the south of the Lebanese capital since the outbreak of the two-year conflict in neighboring Syria, which has sharply heightened Lebanon's own sectarian tensions.

news.yahoo.com...

The recent declaration of aid by Hezbollah raises concerns of a potential proxy war between an Iranian backed government, and a Saudi Arabian backed FSA:

The question now is whether the Syria conflict, which began with peaceful pro-democracy protests in 2011, could erupt into a religious war between branches of Islam, pitting forces backed by Shiite Iran, such as Hezbollah, against militias backed by Sunni-run states like Saudi Arabia or even Turkey.

The prospect of a “holy war” in the Middle East adds urgency to joint calls by Russia and the United States for an international conference on Syria. The risks of an intra-Muslim conflict engulfing the region are too great to ignore this plea for peace. One need only look at the ongoing violence in post-Hussein Iraq to see how intractable a Sunni-Shiite conflict over Syria might be.
A pure war over religious doctrine is rare in history, and that may hold true in this case. Much of the struggle in Syria is a geopolitical contest between Iran and Saudi Arabia for influence in the region. This competition began after the Iranian revolution in 1979 and accelerated in 2003 when Iraq shifted from being led by a Sunni-led regime to one that is Shiite-dominated and Iran-leaning.

www.csmonitor.com...

This new event comes with the fact that both sides of Syria's civil war have agreed to take part in discussions:

Both the Syrian government and the opposition Syrian National Coalition indicated Sunday they are interested in a peace conference next month in Geneva, Switzerland, though both sides tempered any optimism about the summit with caveats.

"We have in principle agreed to participate in Geneva, pending hearing more clarity about the purpose and the intentions of the Syrian regime -- the Assad regime. So far, the signals have been not positive," coalition spokesman Louay Safi said from Istanbul, where opposition leaders have been meeting to discuss the pending summit and to determine new leadership for the coalition.

"The Assad regime has to make it clear that they are there to engage in talks about transition to democracy, and as part of Geneva, understanding that would mean that all the powers that resides today with Bashar al-Assad will be given to the transitional government. Until this point, this is not clear," he said.

edition.cnn.com...

Things have just got much more interesting...

Sources:

edition.cnn.com...
www.csmonitor.com...
news.yahoo.com...
www.euronews.com...
www.jpost.com...
www.abc.net.au...
edit on 27-5-2013 by daaskapital because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I'm not sure I describe this as widening of anything, as much as it's a matter of bringing this out in the open for all to see what is REALLY being fought over. It's about damn time Assad and Hezbollah come out and present this for what it is. A concerted effort to turn the entire region 100% Sunni with Shia in their place.....very small and controlled ones. What few survive, anyway.

Hezbollah is headquartered in Damascus, Syria though. (While also having total political control on Lebanon... should be interesting) So it was only a matter of time before they were forced into the fight in full open combat. Nice to see it finally come....in so far as we see what is really happening on all sides now. Obama must be having another bad day. This wasn't helpful in trying to sell this as a simple good vs. evil fight we must be in the middle of.

It's a religious civil war that was happening long before Washington become the first US President ...and we're helping to kill an entire people. Genocide is the term when others do it...and we're only helping, but helping in pretty critical ways, I'd say. Syria...then Iran...and that seals the deal for Shia Islam outside of isolated communities, IMO.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Hezbollah has been in Syria fighting for Assad against the rebels and Assad is winning the war. The only thing that is going to save the rebels, or as I like to call em "terrorists", is the West sending MORE money (illegal arms) and or NATO imposing a no fly zone/bombing campaign.

edit on 27-5-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

Look at how the forum truncated the last word of your thread title.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Hezbollah are not to be messed around with, Israel found that out themselves after Hezbollah annihilated them on the ground during the last Israeli invasion in 2006. Glad to see the forces of freedom and democracy coming together to fight the terrorist threat once and for all.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Hizbollahs?

C'mon, who's Iran trying to fool?

There are NO Hizbollahs....only shia iranian soldiers in civilian attire but as well armed as military troops. Been like that since the Lebanon war.

Iran is a country that destablise,invade and hold terrority in other nations using PROXIES, so as to have PLAUSIBLE DENIAL in the event they are ever accused by those whom had saw through their duplicities.

Perhaps sunni Turkey should get its soldiers known as Manbollahs and fight alongside the Free Syrian people. Khurds can call themselves Teambollahs and do the same. If the west wanna join in this crazy and bloody game, perhaps it should send its troops in and themselves Westbollahs.

Afterall, if that persian apostate infidel Khameneni is allowed to get away with Plausible Denial to launch a genocide upon innocent sunni men, women and children for the past 2+years in Syria, then why not others too be allowed Plausible Denial to save innocent people in Syria?

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This just in,

French foreign minister says more signs have emerged of chemical weapons being used in Syria

news.yahoo.com...
abcnews.go.com...

Nothing more than just a headline so far but the last time they accused Assad of using chemical weapons it turned out to be the rebels. Funny, if Assad uses chemical weapons it'll be all out war but if the rebels use them it's just F'ing dandy!

I don't wanna live on this planet anymore.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Situation looks really bad. I am afraid there will be a serious escalation very soon. There is multinational military exercise in Jordan that involves thousands of troops. There are drills in Israel that simulate rockets attacks in civilian centers,one was today. With sirens and all.
Rumors of Iran prepping long range missiles. Escalation in Syria. Escalation in Lebanon.
I am usually not that into ATS constant bizarre expectation of doom and gloom but i am afraid that things will get "interesting".
Before Syrian S-300 is deployed.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

No one will listen to you here on ATS , Syria has always been a bridge between Iran and hizbollat , they know for sure that if ASSads regime falls , that means its the end of hizbollat .

Shiat were in it right from the beginning , you ask me how do I know that ? Well I know that from Syrians who left the country , some who I met when I was in Germany .

I don't participate in these kind of threads , but I'm sick to my stomach from people calling liberators " terrorists "
Now where is that barf bag when you need it

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Best thread title ever:

Syria's Civil War Spills Over the Borders: Hezbollah Declares War on Rebels, Vows to Fight With Ass

Outstanding. And no doubt entirely accurate.

More seriously, this is a fascinating development with serious geopolitical implications.
edit on 27/5/13 by Sankari because: typo...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr UAE

Say what you want. You can live in delusions all you like. It is your right and free choice.

But truths and realities are IRREFUTABLE, and stands on its own, for all to see, regardless if any agrees with me or not.

The shia slaughtered innocent syrian men, women, babies over the past 2 years, as well as brave reporters whom managed to get into the battle zones and even suffered chemical attacks launched by the HumanSlayer Assad and his beasts are facts for anyone to dispute deludedly, if not inhumanely.

Only truths and realities can help us find solutions. Delusions will only lead us deeper into the abyss, as what the pesian apostate Khamenei and his dogs are leading us all into.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

If Assad ever launched chemical attacks in Syria it would be curtains for him.

The rebels have and continue to use chemical weapons because they are losing to Assad.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Is that a joke? Curtains for him? President Obama is bluffing, or so the apostate Khamenei is telling his dogs.

Remember Plausible Denial - an easy tactic to use in the midst of confusion in the battleground. Afterall, if one or 2 small cannisters used strategically across decisive battles does not constitue 'all out chemical attack' does it?

And rebels would be fools to be the ones to use chemicals, on the very grounds that they are fighting to defend so hard and long for 2 years despite being bombed from land and air, as chemicals can kill them too and make everyone flee, giving up precious grounds to the Regime, nor do they have the means to produce mass manufactured WELL REFINED EFFECTIVE chemicals the way the HumanSlayer Assad had been doing for years despite international condemnation.

We are dealing with a pretty good persian chess player, but he is NOT the best. His moves are showing clearly now.
edit on 27-5-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Bluffing? Was he bluffing Gaddafi and Libya? Who btw, did far less than Assad and his secret police/military.

If you really believe Assad has used chemical weapons then prove it. Please, prove it. So far, all reports I've ever read about chemical weapons being used points to the terrorist rebels. The UN backs me up on this.

If Assad uses chemical weapons then that's the invite for the west to destroy him and he knows this.

UN accuses Syrian rebels of chemical weapons use

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

I agree with you entirely. If Assad uses Chemical Weapons, it won't be rumors and grainy footage but world headlines with unforgettable imagery of hundreds at least, thousands most likely...all dead. Assad's been making them at nation state levels for 30+ years. The best/worst in the world with his non-signatory status to the Chemical treaty and ability to freely develop all these years. His won't be ones to have any doubts about.

He'd also be committing suicide as he used them, as you note, and he knows it. I wouldn't say that would likely happen unless Syria and Israel got directly into REAL war. That could get ugly like that, I'd think. Nothing short of it though. Just my opinion.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Hezbollah is playing a dangerous game.

In formally siding with the Syrian regime they are doing two things.

1. Showing how worried they are that they will lose a key supporter. If Assad fails then Hezbollah’s most convenient provider of arms dries up.
2. They are merely showing they are just another Shiite militia and not the resistence movement they like to paint themselves.

Regards

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Exactly. If Assad was using chemical weapons the rebels would be the first to call foul and or demand NATO support. So far only the French seem hell bent on accusing Assad of using chemical weapons but the UN, Israel, CIA, etc all say otherwise.

Assad doesn't need chemical weapons to destroy the rebels because he is doing just fine of a job without them. In fact, since he is doing so well it only makes sense that he should be accused of using chemical weapons so the rebels, aka terrorists, can get MORE support from the west. Perhaps another Libya, Libya 2.0.

And again, the French are reporting Assad is using chemical weapons. Sounds like tear gas to me.

'Assad's forces used chemical arms on rebels'

www.jpost.com...

PARIS - Syrian forces loyal to President Bashar Assad have repeatedly used chemical weapons against rebel fighters in Damascus, according to first-hand accounts in France's Le Monde newspaper.

The newspaper, in a report issued on its website on Monday, said one of its photographers had suffered blurred vision and respiratory difficulties for four days after an attack on April 13 on the Jobar front, just inside central Damascus.

Undercover in and around the Damascus area for two months alongside Syrian rebels, a Le Monde reporter and photographer said they had witnessed battlefield chemical attacks and had also talked to doctors and other witnesses of their aftermath.

They describe men coughing violently, their eyes burning, their pupils shrinking.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

I think that you misunderstood me my friend , I agree with you.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tuttle
Hezbollah are not to be messed around with, Israel found that out themselves after Hezbollah annihilated them on the ground during the last Israeli invasion in 2006. Glad to see the forces of freedom and democracy coming together to fight the terrorist threat once and for all.

The hell you talking about? The 2006 Lebanon War decimated the Lebanese civil infrastructure, killed at least 1,500+ Lebanese, displaced well over a million people, and rendered huge swaths of land under Hezbollah control uninhabitable. In all that, 165 Israelis died, including civilians.

In fact the only highlight that Hezbollah seems to have made in that war was he capture of a mere 2 Israeli soldiers.

After fighting an actual military, I don't think Hezbollah is going to be much of a bother for the Rebels.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Victim of wishful thinking and or propaganda?

But yeah, anyone thinking they can just run over the IDF is fooling themselves.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join