It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Windows 8 is needed.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Windows 8 is needed because the UI needs dumbed down because the general computer using public is dumb. The more simple and locked down the system is the less likely chance they will fubar their computer and or get malware.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberneticProphet

lol the windows 8 os is basically made for a tablet. Granted there is a bit of truth to what you say hell the success of apple should tell you all you need to know about the population of computer users. But to say that every user needs to have admin skills is laughable. actually if you have job in the industry you should be happy because thats what insures your are paid what you are paid

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I just bought the window 8 on an ASUS...to tell you truth,the apple E 2 was my farorite.
I miss my VIC 20...and Oh ya the com 64.I wish I was young enough for the tech these days

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:52 PM
link   
But there already exists an operating system for people who aren't smart.. It's called Mac OS

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Windows 8 is needed because the UI needs dumbed down

No, you're wrong, there is nothing dumbed down about windows 8 UI. The complete and utter lack of anything real to complain about in 8 is what gives spawn to conspiracies such as yours.

Win8 reflects the fact that the what is important in computing is the human interface, and the ability of that interface to get the machine to do what it is asked based on natural human communication processes. Currently that is reflected in Win 8 as 'search'; you search for everything that you need.

Give it a chance to show you how well you know your computer and how much you have learned; not how 'dumb' you are. Windows is becoming more powerful, not less, I'm sorry that you can't see that from where you are standing.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
But there already exists an operating system for people who aren't smart.. It's called Mac OS

*Spits beer over screen while laughing*

ETA Backs out door quietly...
edit on 26/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Its not needed, the UI might be different but the underlying system isn't.

I hate it I use my computer for work, web design programming and photoshop, this fancy touch screen tile interface isnt gonna cut it, Im waiting on windows 8.1

www.forbes.com...

Which hopefully will remove some of the mistake they made in 8

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's obvious that the people who can't use Windows 8, hate it.

I mean, how hard is it to get off the Start menu.

Well, mine goes right to desktop by default because I have 2 monitors and I start WMC automatically when I boot up. But really? This "Tile" stuff wont cut it?

What are you working on where you cannot load the desktop.

If you were to find some of my original posts on the net about win8, they were far from positive. I swore I'd never use it, I'd throw it in the bin if given it, and that it's a huge backward step in Operating Systems in general, leading towards the touch screen tablet devices.

Then I used it.

I quickly realised that all the hype was baloney, that I'd been lead astray and now I find that the thought of going back to windows7 feels to me like going back to winxp.

The few tweaks in the actual OS that make it better, are what I feel make it progress.

But if the big fancy start menu is the biggest concern of yours and you find that you can't use it at all due to this thing, then I don't think using a computer is really for you anyway. Too many flashing lights.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I thought Windows 8 wasn't going to work, but honestly, the only difference is that I press the "Windows" key to get to the place where I can sort my shortcuts to programs into different categories. I kind of like having that option.

Also, Xbox Connect is pretty decent. I can use it to search for music or videos on the Xbox, and then when I press enter, they show up on the T.V.! It also works together with certain games, like Halo 4.

Skype for Windows 8 is actually kind of lame though.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
I hate it I use my computer for work, web design programming and photoshop, this fancy touch screen tile interface isnt gonna cut it, Im waiting on windows 8.1

Or, you can go pick you up a copy of Windows 7. They are running about $125-$150 right now. Best version of Windows since Windows XP.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Take a look at Ubuntu or Mint. - Free
Second line.

Edit to add a program called PlayOnLinux allows you to install allot of windows programs and games. Research it and Wine.
edit on 5/27/2013 by madmangunradio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver

Originally posted by TinkerHaus

*Spits beer over screen while laughing*

ETA Backs out door quietly...
edit on 26/5/13 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

There is nothing wrong with apple except for its price lol and what apple calls its experts "geniuses" apples products are exceptional. MP3 player made by apple = +100 dollars now called an Ipod to confuse fools but in apples defense they are great at making things more user friendly while Microsoft just sends stuff out with every stupid element included.

Windows 8 isn't an exceptional operating system its Microsoft attempt at a more user friendly OS and they failed

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:00 AM
link   

And why oh why would you want your computer to tell MS everything that you do
while using your computer under the guise of making the software better in the
future??

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Hate the 8

Its faster... and probably better...

But I miss Xp...

Its like an old comfey sweater...

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SarnholeOntarable

PR#6

brun hello

edit on 27-5-2013 by Darkblade71 because: 2nd line

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think Microsoft has paid posters on ATS.

My business is the computer industry. Whatever the few may think, the majority hate Windows 8, and that means Microsoft FAILED. Plain and simple. The Metro interface is clunky, and not conducive to serious work, or multitasking. Sure I can get around all the FAILS in Windows8, but why should I have to? By now, MS should know how to create a user interface that not only works, but is smooth and intuitive.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

That's why I suggested people pick up a copy of Windows 7. It's the best Windows OS since XP.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by madmangunradio
Take a look at Ubuntu or Mint. - Free

Until I can utilize my full graphical hardware and software with full gaming support, Linux just isn't an option for gamers. And neither "PlayOnLinux" nor "Wine" offer that full support yet.

As soon as that happens, I'll be one of the first to jump the Microshaft ship to Linux.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by digital01anarchy
There is nothing wrong with apple except for its price lol

There is, actually. Apple likes to dictate what you can and can't do on their devices. For instance, Apple products don't have full gaming support. iPads lack simple USB ports. Apple iPhones and iPads lack Adobe Flash support to enjoy the full internet because Apple banned support of Adobe Flash.

My Android tablet has USB ports. My Android phone has a micro-USB port and HDMI port. My Android phone and tablet have Adobe Flash for viewing the full web. And my Windows PC has full gaming support.

Why anyone would buy Apple products besides for audio editing is beyond me.

posted on May, 27 2013 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

They're trying to be apple...

8 reminds me of my iphone...

Thank God theres still a desk top...

:shk:
edit on 27-5-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join