It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A start that disappears every night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Hey everyone,

The reason why I joined this website is because for the last 3 nights, my husband and I are seeing a star in the sky that moves from left to right and then just disappears, like someone switched a light off. The weird thing is that it is at the same time every single night, about the same location. It seems like a star, a little brighter than most others. It is first stationery for quite some time like a normal star but then it starts moving from left to right, very slowly, before blinking out and disappearing completely.

Wondering if anyone has seen anything like it or if they know what it is?

Thanks!

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Aircraft landing lights.
1. Coming straight towards you.
2. Turns a little
3. Turns a lot, so it isnt pointing towards you anymore.

If you give exact time and location, we could tell you what flight number.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Give this a try www.stellarium.org... Great free piece of software, easy to use and good fun.

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Sometimes stars blink out - you must realize that some of the lights from the stars that you see in the sky are thousands to millions of years old - those stars that you see in the sky might not even exist anymore and the lights emanating from them are only just reaching us now. (Additionally, things could pass in front of the starlight that makes them "disappear" - e.g. space debris, space junk, distant planets, distant space objects etc etc.)

It's nothing sinister - this is just how the cosmos works. Even the sunlight that you see isn't even in real time. I believe it's something like a few minutes old - i.e. our very own sun could have just gone supernova "right now" and we'd only know about it eight minutes (or something) after the actual event!

edit on 5/26/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/26/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ptrivedi

Welcome to ATS!There are tinfoil hats on a shelf to the left,though I'm pretty sure they don't work.In regards to your query, there are many things I've seen in the skies that seem unexplainable.A Flag to get you started,see you in the forums!
edit on 26-5-2013 by SilverStar33 because: Mistake

posted on May, 26 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thanks all for your input!

I thought it might be a satellite but why would it be at the same time, same place every night? As for it being a flight, i doubt it. There are a number of planes flying in the area every night and this looks distinctively like a star. I've seen flights that are heading directly in my direction so you can see just one unblinking light but the light would definitely not disappear mid flight.

top topics

join