It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistan/Iran Working Together Against Secular Powers in Afghanistan!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Okay, so another thread about the Stratfor email dump came up earlier, and since I was there, I thought I'd take a look around at some recent ones that have come out.

If you were around when the original dump happened, I covered a lot of it, including reactions from Stratfor, the impact it might have, and also a number of leaks from Obama stuffing ballot boxes, to George Bush and Cheney being involved in shady dealings.

Some of the latest dumps are implying that Iran and Pakistan have been working in tandem, against secular forces in Afghanistan.

t makes geopolitical sense that these two countries try to counter the
Pashtun (Iran via Tajiks and Pakistan via Neo-Paki Pashtuns, who my
client says have a false sense of nationalism with and young country).

Karzai is Pastun, who are not as religious, and more focused on business dealings more than anything. Pakistan and Iran don't want the Pashtuns in power for obvious reasons, their power base comes from brain washing radical muslims, or radicalizing young muslims that are easily misled.

This is actually a pretty big leak, with some major implications if it is solid intel.

He is VERY Afghani, so I'm just going to lay it out as I can...

His family is related to Karzai. They are Pashtun, anti-violence (very
commercial oriented), and not religious.

He claims that Iran and Pakistan, while not working in concert, cannot
handle seeing the rise of the native Afghani Pashtuns, especially when
they are making inroads with the USA and other foreign powers.

He says that the Taliban is now a Pakistani propped up group via
elements of the ISI and is not available or viable as an actual
political entity. According to him, they pay and brainwash fringe
Afghani youth to commit acts of war and suicide attacks.

It makes geopolitical sense that these two countries try to counter the
Pashtun (Iran via Tajiks and Pakistan via Neo-Paki Pashtuns, who my
client says have a false sense of nationalism with and young country).

Furthermore, Rabbani, as a Tajik had ties with Iran via his defense
minister. This apparently came about after the Russians were booted from
Afghanistan and the Iranians couldn't handle seeing the Pashtuns too
close to the USA.

Damn! This is pretty big. I forgot how much I loved the Stratfor emails. You know why? Because it's raw information. All of you should be ashamed if you don't spend some time on wikileaks and put a couple hours in here and there.

Even if Stratfor's sources are a little skewed, or you are getting the opinion of certain operatives, it doesn't matter... It's all raw intel. Some of it is old enough too, you can see how things played out, or compare it to MSM news at the time.

I don't know if this has been picked from by the MSM yet, but there's a chance if it hasn't, you will see it posted to ATS in a week or two, with the MSM spin on it.

Check this out:

My client continued on to say that he (Rabbani) was a notorious drug and
arms dealer and that he was an agent of Iran. He said there are many
accusations that he was the one behind the recent embassy attack and was
also innvolved in other acts to keep the war dragging out.

Source

I'm going to say I think this source is legit. Supposedly, it's a guy out of China, working for a pharmaceutical company. He has Arab links that are drug and arms dealers. Remember how things work in other sides of the world. Some of these guys are handling multi-multi-million dollar accounts, and rubbing shoulders with all the political powerful businessmen in the country.

In China, doing business means giving the government a 50% cut. Iran? Not sure, but I'm sure government-business is one in the same.

In any case, we have evidence here of (I should say, "hearsay") that Iran and Pakistan have been funding terrorist suicide and other bombers, to attack Pashtuns and try and keep their secular, business oriented base away from power as much as possible in Afghanistan.

While Pakistan is considered a "friendly" in some cases, to the West... It's clear their ideological leaders are on the side of the BRIC. Iran is by no means walking around with no blood on its hands. (As some people on ATS try to make them out as victims sometimes) and, most importantly, Karzai and the "business oriented" Pashtuns that are in power, probably are involved in the business of smuggling _________ as some of the accusations have come up.

If some of this, or all of this, is all well known information, my apologies. To be honest, I haven't been keeping up with the ME lately, and most of the stuff I saw before has faded from my memory banks. While everyone is shouting about Benghazi, maybe there are some majorly more important things still carrying on with other parts of the ME....
edit on 23-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

To be totally honest, I don't know much about the Stratfor Email leaks, but judging from the information that was leaked, they don't seem to know an awful lot.
First off, being Pashtu is no indication of being non-religious: the Taliban were Pashtun as well- a good indication that "Pashtun" doesn't necessarily mean non-violent either.
Also, any claims of anti-pashtu feeling from Pakistan as a whole is laughable: Pathans are infused into the government, armed forces and businesses. While there are low level "racistness" attitudes between the Punjabis (the largest ethnolinguistic group in Pakistan) and the Pashtuns, I really don't see it translating into foreign relations- as I said, Pakistan supported the Pashtun Taliban.

Aside from that, while the ISI might hypothetically not mind if the Taliban were back in power, it has nothing to do with Pashtunness, or even religiousness REALLY, at least not anymore (Karzai and his government is really in no sense at all "secular"), but more to do with having a foothold in the region. The idea of religious conspiring involving Pakistan and Iran against Afghanistan is also pretty ridiculous, because while Pakistan has a sizeable shi'a minority, Sh'ia Iran has almost always been suspicious of mostly Sunni Pakistan (and vice versa). They've only just recently finally collaborated (much the US's chagrin) on some gas pipeline deal.
edit on 23-5-2013 by babloyi because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is the next reason to attack Iran well see troted out if reasonably true.....or not...
At least itll be mentioned in passing...as it doesnt look too good for the handlers of the whole snafu over there....

edit on 23-5-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

The US/UK/Israeli propaganda machine is been trying so hard lately to make Iranian/non Iranian minorities to rise against the central government,they tried with Kurds and Azeries along with Sonnies and Baluchs but they got much more different response from them than they anticipated and wished for....People do not fall for the old trick of Divide and Conquer anymore....Afghan Pashtuns are most likely the very last hope left for the west....Oh no wait a minute the Gregorian Armenians!,or Jewish lesbians..

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by babloyi

I think you put way too much emphasis into the legitimacy of it all. I wasn't saying that Pashtuns are all non-religious, it's more like, and the context they are speaking about, is what buttons do they push, what kind of appearance to they have, how are they manipulating their followers. etc

posted on May, 24 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Karzai is Pastun, who are not as religious, and more focused on business dealings more than anything. Pakistan and Iran don't want the Pashtuns in power for obvious reasons, their power base comes from brain washing radical muslims, or radicalizing young muslims that are easily misled.

I thought Pakistan was somehow ally of USA. I always felt that Iran was near Karzai even more than Pakistan. Pakistan is a victim of Al_Qaeda and some of them are really radical to kill innocent people just because of their sects and .... Iran has always security problems with Pakistan however it needs Pakistan to reach India and China.
Iran has also problems with Taliban. seriously all of those who you call them radicals are aggressive against Iran too. because of sects or ... ignorance !
so I can conclude completely opposite to your viewpoint that Iran can not buy the risk of Al_Qaeda and Taliban in Afghanistan. religion is not important for Iran, just to see an Afghanistan without both Americans and Talibans is a best choice for Iran. because it considers both of them a security threat for itself. however an Afghanistan without USA may lead to Taliban, it is a paradox anyhow.
Taliban may be softer than USA. because Taliban will not attack Iran. however it could make security problems and drug trafficking and ..... but still I do not know how Iran wants to cooperate with Taliban, they hate Iran !!!
I am not sure about Pakistan and who is Pashtun or who is not, but Iran has cooperation with Karzai.

new topics

top topics

join