It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar eclipse Saturday May 25 2013. Strong Solar Flare Reaching M5.0 Erupted From Region 1745 CME R

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Could this have major signifigance? Coincidental that March Against Monsato Protest is on the same day. A few large Solar Flares releasing CME could cause alot of seismic activity on the day. thewatchers.adorraeli.com... y-25-2013/

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Really? A M5 solar flare is incredibly weak compared to those that happened a few days ago and is of little significance. Also, your opening post is very minimal, I recommend you post a little more content than just a link and a sentence or two. Not really much more to say.

Oh wait, there is not verifiable evidence linking solar flares to seismic activity.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Thanking you for your wise words. I will endeavour to post lengthy replies as you have done.CME AND RADIATION STORM: A solar radiation storm is in progress on May 22nd following an M5-class explosion on the sun’s western limb. The source of the flare, which peaked at 1332 UT, was departing sunspot AR1745. SOHO coronagraphs observed a magnificent CME emerging from the blast site: Update (May 22 @ 5:30 PDT): Although the explosion was not squarely Earth-directed, the CME will likely be geoeffective. The expanding cloud appears set to deliver a glancing blow to Earth’s magnetic field on May 24th around 1200 UT. According to NOAA forecast models, the impact will more than double the solar wind plasma density around Earth and boost the solar wind speed to ~600 km/s. High-latitude sky watchers should be alert for auroras

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   
naw....a lunar eclipse is cool news.....I'm curious.......

edit on 22-5-2013 by GBP/JPY because: Yahuweh ....cool name!

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by omega man

Okay, no need to be sarcastic. I was in no way trying to be mean or dismissive. It is just that I wanted to inform you that short opening posts are typically frowned upon. My post being short is not really important since it is not the opening post.

Also, to quote content from another site press the "EX-TEXT" button above and copy-paste the content. Sorry if I offended you or something, have a great day.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Renegade2283
reply to post by omega man

Okay, no need to be sarcastic. I was in no way trying to be mean or dismissive. It is just that I wanted to inform you that short opening posts are typically frowned upon. My post being short is not really important since it is not the opening post.

Also, to quote content from another site press the "EX-TEXT" button above and copy-paste the content. Sorry if I offended you or something, have a great day.
None taken my friend. Thanks for the editing tip, will keep my eye on CME activity over the next few days

new topics

top topics

join