It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer Threatens To Beat Up Man And Plant Cocaine On Him - Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+97 more 
posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Many people might be surprised to know that this is quite common in Canada, and always has been. I have lived here most my life from coast to coast and this happens quite a lot.

The title is self explanatory but what you are about to see is a man abusing his power and being very unprofessional. This type of behavior sickens me, at least he didn't assault the man or worse.

A Durham Region police officer threatened to beat up a man and plant coc aine on him during a one-sided, expletive-filled confrontation, a graphic video shows.

“I hurt people . . . and then I make their coc aine f---ing appear,” the armed constable barks into the face of the burly, young man. “You see how I work. . . . See what I do.”

The Star is not aware of the context of the incident outside what is seen in the video.

“Shut your f---ing mouth and do something . . . do something please, do f---ing something . . . take a swing, so I can. . . ” says the constable in the video which is barely audible at several points.

Durham police disciplined the constable, who uses the f-word more than three dozen times in the video, for discreditable conduct over the incident. He remains on the force’s “front lines.”

A source familiar with one of the house’s occupants said they set up and filmed videos of police visits after officers had been “harassing” them there for weeks.]

www.thestar.com... aine_on_him_video_shows.html

Please make sure to watch the full video.

I can't believe this fool still has a job...

The electronic/data era is helping incidents like these get exposed

We need to keep busting these thugs.

ETA:

The source link does not seem to want to take no matter how many times I try so I will paste the link in three segments...just copy and paste all three parts of the link into one full link in the following order and you can view the source.

Source

edit on 5/21/2013 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/21/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: fixed source link

edit on 5/21/2013 by 12m8keall2c because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yeah you are right in saying creeps like this are being exposed more...

Unfortunately exposed is all they are.....None of these power hungy A-holes EVER get in any real trouble over this stuff which makes me sick!!

What if the conversation went the other way? This guy would have been killed or jailed for life.....I can't stand this crap one bit....

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Another pig on a power trip, what's new?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
If he is discussing this with another officer are they not, "conspiring to commit a crime"?

(You can see his partner enter the frame at the end)

So among other things...

And we all know, if he's done it once, he's done it more than once. I highly doubt these are idle threats, I would be surprised if lawyers who represented people arrested by this one, not to go back and appeal their clients' convictions.

An officer of the law that goes beyond the law puts the system into disrepute.

They should know this...

The problem is it's always a pendulum swing, let the criminals get an inch, they take a mile. Pass power to the police, to use "any means necessary" and they take their mile. It will go back and forth and back and forth...

edit on 21-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
Another pig on a power trip, what's new?

Absolutely nothing.

Unfortunately for us, people will still scoff actions such as these off as an "isolated incident" and the officer will not be held accountable for his actions.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm unsure of the laws up in Canada, but I do know that if this were me I would file for a restraining order against this person and possibly even assault. I think if more folks did this, and started to keep the courts busy with the uniformed and state sanctioned thugs we may start to see a change.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
My apologies but the link is not working so I am going to edit my original post and break the link into segments until the mods are able to fix it.

www.thestar.com...

/news/crime/2013/05

/08/durham_police_constable_threatens_to_beat_up_man_and_plant_coc aine_on_him_video_shows.html

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
double

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
www.thestar.com... aine_on_him_video_shows.html lets see if this link works for ya op

this exact thing happened to me in Santa Clara county i got a santa clara county sheriff saying he would plant evidence on me if he couldnt catch me doing anything illegal and did so in front of my exterior security cameras that had audio pick up as well...next day i went down to talk to Laurie smith the head sheriff of SCC and asked her how many 0's my settlement check was going to have or was she going to fire the officer

officer was fired and i didnt get harassed any more so hopefully something happens here but this incident was a major factor in me relocating to montana 4 years ago

and people wonder why no one trusts cops these days

www.thestar.com... update so they are only putting him on leave wow
edit on 21-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

The Durham Regional Police Services Board has indicated “displeasure” with a graphic video of an officer seemingly threatening to beat up a man and plant coc aine on him, but it isn’t showing any sign of reopening the case. The board said Tuesday it discussed the controversial YouTube video at a regular meeting a day earlier and noted that Chief Mike Ewles had responded by ordering an immediate investigation when he became aware of it last year. However, in minutes of the meeting, the board did not disclose any intention of further review of the officer’s conduct.

edit on 21-5-2013 by RalagaNarHallas because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 04:54 PM
link   

smitehz 2 days ago
cops in america are so corrupt.. im so glad i live in canada.

I nearly died from a self-inflicted facepalm, it came in so hard and fast I didn't see it coming.

Honestly, corrupt cops won't stop being so corrupt until they know there is a real punishment coming their way if they do something that deserves it.

But i'm of this belief this is all state-sanctioned, no more few bad apple cops this is happening for a reason.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:28 PM
link   
i just dont get how they dont arrest these cops i mean this is a flagrant violation of the law on camera and they dont get fired it does not make sense why they allow this kind of behavior to even happen in the first place

i mean if any one us and i mean any of us members had a video surface of us saying we were gonna plant coc aine on a fellow citizen we would be in the pokey in 15 minutes tops and they would throw the book at us for making terrorist threats

how is this not the same,threatening to take some ones liberty and get them arrested for drugs sure sounds like terrorism to me

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:45 PM
link   
This makes me think of the one time I hoofed it from the cops many years ago.

Walking home from my job at a bowling alley in Ontario Canada......A cruiser pulls up and two cops get out and immediately they are in my face.

Here I am a 16 year old kid trying to make some money and these two goons let it be know with their body language they were god to me and the world too by their attitude.

The one cop grabs my can of pop/soda and claims he smells rum, funny thing is the bowling alley did not have a bar.

This is back in the day when even the corner stores closed at 8 pm so they must have been looking for justification for their paychecks.

Anyways it is the one time I ran from the cops and I did nothing wrong, the good news was that I played soccer like a fiend and had the legs to really go go go......

Hit a few back yards, hopped a few fences and hit a few streets flat out kicking my ass with my heels.:-)

I got settled in my parents back yard and watched them cruise by numerous times with no lights and no radios going...

Now that I am in my mid fifties I know for a fact that I did the correct thing and these two assholes could have ruined my life if Cocaine existed back then....

Great thread and S&F

Regards, Iwinder

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That guy better be carefull. I'd guess the cops are not going to be pleased about this video. They will use any excuse for revenge.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I can't believe this fool still has a job...

The police need thugs like this on the force. You've got to set a thug to catch a thug.

The problem is that there's not enough bad guys out there in the general population, to keep these guys occupied, so the police thugs end up harassing decent folk.

The police dept will always pretend they are shocked and surprised at one of their own, when the public gets some indisputable evidence and reveals it. But, things don't change. Because there's a need those guys fill.

When there's a really rough situation, and the police have to respond, they are not going to send in their nicest and mild mannered cops. They are going to send in the ones that relish in thuggery.

So, give the thug a break.

Time might come when you need him to fend off another thug.

edit on 21-5-2013 by SQUEALER because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Maybe that guy was a criminal. If that is the case, arrest him. Don't abuse your power by attempting to scare someone into thinking you are God. This is a typical case of a cop abusing his power. Just because they're cops does not mean they can say or do whatever they want. What that cop said should be enough to land him in jail, but we know it won't happen, because cops stick together, even when they're wrong. I don't want to hear that crap about high stress environment, etc.

They shouldn't become cops if they cannot handle it. The nature of the job does NOT give them the right to abuse their power, and this is exactly what this cop is doing. I have lost any respect I had for police officers, because I read or see crap like this every single day. That leads me to believe these are not isolated incidences. They happen everywhere, all the time. Something needs to be done. And this is a good example of why cops do not want people filming them, because then they cannot get away with their abusive tactics.

Those tasked with upholding the law are not above it, plain and simple. The sooner they figure that out, the better. They work for US. They are supposed to protect all citizens. If they do not have enough evidence to arrest someone, then there is no way they can know if that person is guilty.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think it is probable that the bald guy is a dope dealer, and the cop wants his cut. He is insulted that the guy isn't paying his tribute. There is one word that is incorrectly transcribed from the audio. At 1:40 they quote the officer as saying "appear", but in the context it makes more sense if he says "disappear".

I hurt people and then I make their cocain **** (dis)appear

The context that I am referring to is the way that, later in the video (6:00) the officer says:

You see me again you....Yes sir, no sir, three bags full, whatever the **** you want.

He is obviously telling the victim what he wants to hear from him when he sees him again, speaking from the victim's perspective. This is apparent because of the vulgar suggestion that he makes immediately following that line, and the backflip comment. In the context the bald guy is the one who is giving up the three bags full of something, else the cop is suggesting that he would like to perform a sex act and do a backflip on the victim should they meet again. This makes no sense, so I am inclined that he is telling the victim to have his three bags ready for him if he sees him again. The captions are from the source uncensored video, so the guy who captioned it may have chosen to use "appear" insted of "disappear" to avoid the implication that the bald guy is a dealer.

Even if the cop did say that he could make the drugs "appear" it pretty much incriminates him as a drug user or dealer because it means he has drugs available to plant on people. It means he is robbing dealers for their drugs.

The cop either has a habit, or he re-sells the dope to another dealer. The way he is acting I would suspect he likes to powder his nose, and he supplies his habit by shaking down guys like this. He thinks the guy is holding out on him, and the references to "chirping" (disrespecting) suggest that the cop is tired of hearing excuses of why he has nothing for him.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SQUEALER

There is never need for scum like that. If an officer is not good enough to be polite, courteous and still be physically able to handle a situation, they need to find another job. They give these psychos a gun and badge, then act shocked when this occurs. This video should have been all the proof needed to get him fired, charges files and all his past convictions re investigated.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   

More power abusing police at work...

Cops are just thugs with badges.

-SAP-
edit on 21-5-2013 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow. I don't usually promote the murder of human beings, but this guy should be flat out killed and his corpse defecated on in front of his mother. Actually, he should be horribly tortured for several weeks then killed. I sincerely hope he gets bone cancer and suffers a long, slow agonizing demise. Not only is he a corrupt police officer, but he is also just an awful, awful person. I would walk into his funeral and spit right in his dead face.

edit on 21-5-2013 by bigfootgurl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Respectfully, we don't have the antecedence to this scenario. This doesn't excuse the officers threats or bad language, but when the police have to deal with the dregs of society every day, they are only human.

I think the officer here was reinforcing a point to make himself very clear to the citizen, but going about it the wrong way..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join