It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DIA still refers to LENR and the like as "Cold Fusion"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 06:08 AM
link   

This morning, Beverly Barnhart, an analyst with the U.S. Defense Intelligence Agency, contacted New Energy Times with demands to remove portions of a news article in which she was quoted. Barnhart threatened to use the government’s public relations and legal departments against New Energy Times.

On March 28, we quoted an e-mail from Barnhart in our article about the forthcoming Naval Research Laboratory colloquium on “cold fusion,” featuring Robert Duncan, vice chancellor for research and professor of physics at the University of Missouri. (NRL Will Host Colloquium on “Cold Fusion”)

So a little Science drama from Steven B Krivit. A reporter on new energy and/or scientific research being done on new or various forms of potential energy sources. (Mainly focused around low energy nuclear reactions.)

This morning, New Energy Times received the following statements from Barnhart in an e-mail:

“Please take my name off your Web site immediately, or I will ask our public affairs organization to remove it.

“If it is on your Web site this afternoon, I’ll go to our general counsel and ask them to contact you. Or we can be nice, and you can take it off voluntarily.”

A few minutes later, we received an e-mail from Tom Mehlhorn, superintendent of the Plasma Physics Division at NRL.

“Please remove this article from your Web site,” Mehlhorn wrote. “This is an internal seminar that is NOT open to the public, and your posting based on a forwarded ‘e-mail chain,’ including attributions of people on the list, is inappropriate.”

Three years ago, in August 2009, Barnhart organized a workshop on “cold fusion” and later published a report based on that workshop. New Energy Times reported that in our 2010 article “Two Decades of ‘Cold Fusion.’ ”

news.newenergytimes.net...

To be honest, it kind of reminds me of the school newspaper, (the group of five printing off flyers no one reads) and them doing a "groundbreaking" okay... story, okay wait, so the school newspaper wrote about the science club and how they spilled red dye on their pants. (OMG did you see Judy Bailey's butt on instagram?)

Yeah, I don't know...

I thought some of you might like it.

And alphabet agency referring to cold fusion and all...

edit on 21-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

I just noticed Krivit is charging for his articles now. I used to like reading what he had from his side on the energy news, but sure as shoot wouldn't pay what he's asking... wow.
edit on 21-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The media uses the terms LENR and "Cold Fusion" interchangeably. In fact, Forbes published an article just yesterday with the title "Finally! Independent Testing Of Rossi's E-Cat Cold Fusion Device: Maybe The World Will Change After All".

Very briefly, LENR, otherwise called cold fusion, is a technique that generates energy through low temperature (far lower than hot fusion temperatures which are in the range of tens off thousands of degrees) reactions that are not chemical. Most importantly, LENR is, theoretically, much safer, much simpler, and many orders of magnitude cheaper than hot fusion.

join