It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Latest Scandal In Washington, FBI Investigation Is Now Active

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   
This time, it is an actual scandal that involves actually breaking the law. Sorry to dissapoint those that were looking for a Obama "scandal"...this one is focused on Michele Bachmann and her mis-use of campaign funds.

www.politicususa.com...

Michele Bachmann’s Scandal Could Be Turning Criminal As The FBI Is Now Investigating
According to the MinnPost, the FBI has joined the growing list of agencies that are investigating campaign violations associated with Bachmann’s 2012 presidential campaign
So far, the Office of Congressional Ethics, the FEC, and the Iowa state senate ethics committee, and a special prosecutor are investigating a series of potential violations that include possible improper payments to an Iowa state senator, using campaign resources to promote her book, the theft of an email list of Iowa homeschoolers, and money laundering.

This is bad news for the Tea Party defacto leader Michele Bachmann. She is up for re-election and she is already down in the polls...this isn't going to help her.

I am sure everyone on ATS is outraged by these allegations of a campaign potentially mis-using campaign funds and breaking Federal Laws. Maybe Bachmann should just resign?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Everyone is now information hungry. People will start digging up things that no one would ever want to come to the surface.

If she stole money then she is a thief no matter how you look at it and shouldn't just be slapped on the wrist.

Officials need to start going to jail for the deeds they do as I've been slammed with just minor offences.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
It's irrelevant !!

She could not have known.

It was all the fault of the people under Her !!

The Campaign Manager did it on his own !!

Underlings acted on their own !!

The allegations are hyped up.

It's a set up.

Somebody else must have done all this.

Minnesota is a big time Liberal bee hive.

There must be some planted evidence produced by Democrat infiltrators operating in deep cover.

She knows too much and is too vocal against Obama Inc.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wow! Didn't take long for team Obama to strike back. I do believe the most descriptive adjective for him is "vindictive". Wonder why they're not investigating the hundreds of dems (NYS is a gold mine) guilty of the same and worse?

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Wow, .. I;m Shocked .. . . .

She always seemed like such a nice lady.

I agree tha she might know too much.
edit on 20-5-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Maluhia

I can think of much more descriptive words that apply to Obama, but they would get me banned rather quickly.
If she did something illegal, she should pay for it, plain and simple. That should apply to anyone in office.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DAVID64

Agree. And I can think of a lot of derogatory adjectives for Bachman as well - just a bit suspicious of the timing (as she vehemently spoke out about dear leader recently) and the fact that there are soooo many other candidates, on both sides, subject to scrutiny.

Deflect and obfuscate are the catchwords of bam man's administration, although I doubt he knows what obfuscate means.

edit on 21-5-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   
How about this...and I know it is novel....but we drop the pretenses of political partisanship and demand all unethical representatives and officers of the United States federal Government step down or be removed via impeachment. Obama, Bachmann, left, right; it matters not. The People need to take back their government as it has been wholly bastardized.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

You bring some good points to the table.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
Not surprised.

Politics as usual, regardless of what party affiliation they may have.
If I had a dollar for every corrupt politician, I would have many dollars.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

So you are flat out admitting that you have bias when it comes to politicians breaking the law?

This is pretty much the response I expected...it seems like people don't really care all that much about politicians breaking the law if it isn't Obama.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by flobot

So you are flat out admitting that you have bias when it comes to politicians breaking the law?

This is pretty much the response I expected...it seems like people don't really care all that much about politicians breaking the law if it isn't Obama.

No he is being satirical and that would be obvious if you saw all the weekend headlines of the Obama staffer saying such things; or any other official making those claims. Doesn't anyone read Shakespeare nowadays or the Canterbury Tales?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

No he is being satirical and that would be obvious if you saw all the weekend headlines of the Obama staffer saying such things; or any other official making those claims. Doesn't anyone read Shakespeare nowadays or the Canterbury Tales?

And is that an excuse for him to just ignore this scandal?

At least you seem to be even in your assesment of scandals, but not many others seem to care that a US Representative may have been breaking Federal Laws and laundering money.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

You can spend 12 years in the US public school system, and not even be able to read "Jack and JIll went up the hill".

Bachmann, McCain, Lieberman, obozo, pelosi, ried - they're all criminals of one sort or another.

The US is going down, big-time. It's what they all wanted.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by flobot

I cannot speak for that poster, only I was speaking to how I saw their post. It was evident in my eyes, as subjective as it may be, to be satirical.

As to how they view Bachmann versus Obama, that is their argument; not mine.

It matters not for me though, as an officer of the United States of America (representative down to a lowly file clerk), you are entrusted to fulfill an oath; an oath that all Federal employees take. It isn't towards a political party or any sitting president. It is to the laws of the United States. Democrat President or Republican Representative; I can care less.

It is high time we set aside our partisanship to at least get honorable persons in office; even if we disagree with them.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by flobot

Can't trust anyone that's so indecent as to seek out a career in Politics, so I'm not surprised she's got dirt on her too.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobM88
reply to post by flobot

Can't trust anyone that's so indecent as to seek out a career in Politics, so I'm not surprised she's got dirt on her too.

No one seems surprised, yet no one seems to care either.

Here is a case where we have an elected official directly tied to a scandal, how is accused of directly approving the mis-use of funds and money laundering...and yet hardly a peep about it. No one calling for her resignation, no one outraged about the behavior...hardly anyone seems to want to even comment on it.

It just shows that some people who claim they are concerned about corruption in Government really aren't that concerned.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   

This time, it is an actual scandal that involves actually breaking the law. Sorry to dissapoint those that were looking for a Obama "scandal"...this one is focused on Michele Bachmann and her mis-use of campaign funds.

www.politicususa.com...

Michele Bachmann’s Scandal Could Be Turning Criminal As The FBI Is Now Investigating
According to the MinnPost, the FBI has joined the growing list of agencies that are investigating campaign violations associated with Bachmann’s 2012 presidential campaign
So far, the Office of Congressional Ethics, the FEC, and the Iowa state senate ethics committee, and a special prosecutor are investigating a series of potential violations that include possible improper payments to an Iowa state senator, using campaign resources to promote her book, the theft of an email list of Iowa homeschoolers, and money laundering.

This is bad news for the Tea Party defacto leader Michele Bachmann. She is up for re-election and she is already down in the polls...this isn't going to help her.

I am sure everyone on ATS is outraged by these allegations of a campaign potentially mis-using campaign funds and breaking Federal Laws. Maybe Bachmann should just resign?

Sure, treat her just like NY Democrat Charlie Rangel. He was convicted and censured for financial and fundraising misconduct and misuses. But oh wait, he's still in office. And the self righteous Democrats don't care.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DAVID64
reply to post by Maluhia

I can think of much more descriptive words that apply to Obama, but they would get me banned rather quickly.
If she did something illegal, she should pay for it, plain and simple. That should apply to anyone in office.

I agree, but considering that Obama's 2008 campaign is still under investigation and the people who do the investigating says it takes an average of 12 years to thoroughly complete presidential campaign investigations, I wouldn't hold my breath.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

""So you are flat out admitting that you have bias when it comes to politicians breaking the law?""
What makes you assume That ?

""This is pretty much the response I expected...it seems like people don't really care all that much about politicians breaking the law if it isn't Obama.""
What makes you assume That ?

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

The "satirical" part is pretty much right on !!

I think flobot is the "over reacting" type.

flobot needs to read between the lines.

reply to post by flobot

And is that an excuse for him to just ignore this scandal?

At least you seem to be even in your assesment of scandals, but not many others seem to care that a US Representative may have been breaking Federal Laws and laundering money.

If I was ignoring this scandal, why would I post a comment in the first place ?

Many U.S. Representatives have broken the laws and paid the price.....look it up.

Let us all know how many were Democrats and how many were Republicans.

Looking forward to the reactions from you.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join