It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The ecosystem is a structure like any other

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:33 AM
link   
If we think about the ecosystem, all facets of life interplay between the elements and the organic - the physical world itself with all its rocks and water is linked to the world of the living, it works upon itself as a system - indeed - natural disasters can decimate life, and so can those that are alive themselves - although, to say there is any "blame" in the collapse of an ecosystem - is stupid - because we are apart of it and if it fails - we fail with it.

That being said - I emplore those with knowledge to answer a question - can you explain any form of destabilisation of an ecosystem to the point of collapse - like a plant that has shrivelled up and died in a pot?

Can we - take this concept - to more "global" implications?
edit on 20-5-2013 by GetReadyToTheDoomsday because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by GetReadyToTheDoomsday

Can we - take this concept - to more "global" implications?

Yes. It's called science.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Let me answer your question with a question. I think you will find it a good example, if you search and study on topic for a bit.

Yellowstone park "not so distant past"
A park ranger recognized a the area of the park from a pic. What was taken a lot longer ago.

Unfortunately he was only able to id a small river bed and stuff that survives the passing of time.
The pic. showed that same river, but with a lot of bushes and a variety of animal and plant species.

Something happened in between the pic. was taken and when he noticed the area to be a lot more silent. No plants or bushes at the river sides, no animals that hang out in the area, cause it appeared that all of their commodities that made it a good place to be at..... vanished.

What happened played such a massive role in the area, to lose the biodiversity it used to shelter ?

PS

I wish I get a chance to visit the park some day. It's just that I can't walk and swim the distance so easy.
I've got a nasty injury that won't allow me to train to get fit enough to get there.

edit on 5/20/2013 by Sinter Klaas because: (no reason given)

join