It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The most silly skeptic explanations

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Which do you think are the most silly, ridiculous, laughable and inane skeptic explanations for UFO's you've ever heard? I am holding onto one right now, it's old, and I think it's the most stupid one i've come across, I'll tell you later if nobody says it.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Swamp gas reflecting the light of venus off a weather balloon

Edit for crappy spelling

[edit on 5/11/04 by stumason]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   
Extra-terrestrial ships.

Flying machines from the civilization inside Earth.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Extra-terrestrial ships.

not really reasons the Skeptics would use are they?

UFO witness: "What was that thing?"
USAF General: "It definately wasn't a weather balloon like some people think. It was most certainly a ship from Alpha Centauri coming here to mutilate our cows and impregnate our women"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Venus.

Somehow, a police officer winds up chasing the planet Venus. Remember, police are at least a bit better trained in observation than the average person. But the "skeptics" insist that the object which moves in defiance of what we know of physics, is very large and bright, is Venus.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Most people will believe anything rather than accept data that contradicts their pre-conceived notions.

That said, most UFO's have perfectly mundane explanations. Some are hoaxes. Of the remaining cases, it is my opinion that most are experimental military aircraft. A few may be extraterrestrial in origin, if some leaks from government sources and FOI requests are to be believed.

But it is amazing how so many people will go beyond healthy skepticism to irrational delusions to avoid admitting that something doesn't fit inside the accepted paradigm. I have no experience with UFO's other than a few sightings of then-classified stealth fighter/bombers on training missions when I was a boy, but I have seen people try to explain away obvious poltergeist activity with all sorts of ridiculous theories about "buildings settling" even though the objects were moving in defiance of gravity!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo_Child
Which do you think are the most silly, ridiculous, laughable and inane skeptic explanations for UFO's you've ever heard? I am holding onto one right now, it's old, and I think it's the most stupid one i've come across, I'll tell you later if nobody says it.

Since Swampgas and Weather Balloons have been offered, I would have to say Flares dropped from an airplane. why they were dropped I'm not sure. But that wasn't a UFO you saw, that was a flare!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

[
USAF General:It was most certainly a ship from Alpha Centauri coming here to mutilate our cows and impregnate our women"

Or the other way around

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

[
USAF General:It was most certainly a ship from Alpha Centauri coming here to mutilate our cows and impregnate our women"

Or the other way around

OR someone dropped a USAF general from a plane. Do they consider that retirement?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Only if the General has a flare attached to his body. Then everyone will think it is a UFO. Plus, they don't have to buy candles for the retirement cake!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Ball Lightning...not because it's silly, but it's often applied to cases that don't fit the criteria, and then are left standing as a plausible solution...

Swamp gas is right up there though...

Weather balloons are actually pretty good. I've seen plenty of them, and they can look VERY strange indeed....

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   
What I find funny is that skeptics always try to explain Ufo's as some sort of atmospheric phenomena. Even when its obvious people are reporting actual solid objects performing maneuvers at break neck speeds that no earthly craft that we know of can possibly perform.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
That people are delusional.

Strange since ufo reports over 50 years ammounts upto thousands
of observations by people, including police men, commercial airline
pilots, soldiers and even a few politicians.
Either many people are seriously mentally ill or.... in fact the
sceptic is delusional in thinking his pre-concieved notion weighs
heavier then that of thousands of other people.

Do we need straight-jackets for the sceptics?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:55 AM
link   
Sun spots caused spikes in the Aurora Borealis... in texas...

Helicopters on routine night time flights at altitudes of 30,000+...

Pizeo Electric Effect in atmospheric ice crystals...

Etc...

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Extra-terrestrial ships.

not really reasons the Skeptics would use are they?

UFO witness: "What was that thing?"
USAF General: "It definately wasn't a weather balloon like some people think. It was most certainly a ship from Alpha Centauri coming here to mutilate our cows and impregnate our women"

Oh, that kind of skeptics, I was thinking of the other kind, the kind that thinks that everything they do not know is of extra-terrestrial origin.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Anyone saying ball lightening appling to a 50 foot across saucer dont laugh,have heard this one. P.S. I like skeptics with a nice Cyantae.and a side of sweet bread

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I just love how skepitcs will argue you to your grave on a subject they know nothing about and your an expert on the feild.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Some great responses, all of them are definitely very stupid, especially Terra one. I'm going to share two, one that I find stupid, and one old one, that I think is the stupidest one of all time.

1. UFO's are mind control by the government, or manifestation of Gaia consciousness. This is not entirely stupid, but it's really funny when a skeptic, whose taking it on himself, as the defender of science, logic, sense and rationality, and then comes up with this

2. Alright here it is, the most stupidest one of all time.

1235 Japan: What might be called the first official investigation of a UFO sighting occurred in Japan in 1235. During the night while General Yoritsume and his army were encamped, mysterious lights were observed in the heavens. The lights were seen in the southwest for many hours, winging, circling and moving in loops. The general ordered a "full-scale scientific investigation" of these strange events. The report finally submitted to him has the "soothing" ring of many contemporary explanations offered for UFO phenomena.

In essence it read: "the whole thing is completely natural, General. It is... only the wind making the stars sway."

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I would have to go with swamp gas myself as being the most ridiculous for the percent of times it's used.

Second would be when they called the Mexican ufos ball lightening...yeah.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The lighthouse in the rendlesham case. Lighthouse beam being confused for pyramid shaped object with legs which left landing impressions, scorched ground, broken trees and high levels of radiation at the site? Somehow I don't buy that explanation

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join