It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DPRK turns to Piracy!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:38 PM
link   
that's right Un and the DPRK have turned to Piracy, to get money form of all nations China, and asks for $100,000 here is the link www3.nhk.or.jp... form the link

N.Korea detains Chinese fishing boat

Chinese media have reported a North Korean patrol ship has detained a Chinese fishing boat and is demanding about 100,000 dollars for the crew's release.

Chinese media say the North Korean ship captured the Chinese boat and its 16 crewmembers on May 5th in the Yellow Sea, west of the Korean Peninsula.

It is reported that North Korea said the vessel had entered their territorial waters and demanded payment for its release from the ship's owner in Dalian, northeastern China.

The Chinese embassy in Pyongyang says it is urging North Korea to immediately release the fishermen and return the boat.

In May of last year, a North Korean gunboat seized 3 Chinese fishing boats and 29 crewmembers.

Chinese media report that recently North Korea has often seized Chinese boats and at times demands money.

News of the latest incident has spread widely in China on the internet. Attention is now focused on North Korea's next move.

May 19, 2013 - Updated 23:00 UTC

and form what China has to say, note no mention of the Money www.china.org.cn...
from the link

China seeks release of fishermen seized by DPRK

0 Comment(s)Print E-mail China.org.cn, May 20, 2013

Adjust font size:

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) is working on the detention by the DPRK of Chinese fishermen with a vessel, asking Pyongyang to ensure the safety and legitimate rights and interests of the fishermen.

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) is working on the detention by the DPRK of Chinese fishermen with a vessel, asking Pyongyang to ensure the safety and legitimate rights and interests of the fishermen.

The Chinese Embassy in the Democratic People's Republic of Korea (DPRK) asked the DPRK side to release the detained Chinese fishermen as soon as possible, a Chinese counselor to the DPRK said on Sunday.

According to Xinhua News Agency, a private fishing boat from Dalian City in northeast China's Liaoning Province, known as Liaoning Generic Fishing No. 25222, was grabbed by the DPRK side, and Yu Xuejun, the ship owner, called the Chinese embassy for help on May 10.

Upon receiving the call, the Chinese embassy promptly made representations to the Bureau of Consular Affairs of the DPRK Foreign Ministry, counselor Jiang Yaxian said.

The embassy urged the DPRK side to fully ensure the Chinese crew's personal and property safety as well as their legitimate rights and interests, and has notified the ship owner of the results of representations and has given him the contact phone numbers concerned, he said.

"We will continue efforts to ensure that the issue will be properly addressed at an early date," Jiang added.

little Un and DPRK are so desperate to get money they decide to blackmail China?? of the nations to pick on ? Are they, DPRK and Un, so desperate to get war going they take on China? I thought this was worthy of its own thread.
[mods if this is not the right thread , you know best as to where it should be.]

edit on 19-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

edit on 19-5-2013 by bekod because: added link, line edit removed wrong link

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
North Koreas been doing this for years.

I'm not generally a fan of Farred Zakarias views, but I caught a segment of the situation room with Fareed arguing against direct talks with the North Koreans while Christane Amanpour argued in favor of direct talks. Zakaria said it as plain as day: LISTEN, they have done this before, and they are trying to do it again. They cause a rustle only to extort more humanitarian aid from the international community. It doesn't take a brain scientist to figure this out.

Still, despite the cogent evidence favoring this argument, Amanpour thought it was still nevertheless worth the effort - even though it would likely result in us getting fleeced again, North Korea getting a fresh upstart, until....what, they try it again?

Zakaria treated the North Koreans as junkies. They are a sick country, suffering from a debilitating illness - communism, self ostracization. The cure: Don't give in to their ploy that help prop them up.
edit on 19-5-2013 by Astrocyte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

A 100,00 dollars!? Why not ask for more? That seems very weird to me, what about you guys?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Of course the other explanation is that the Chinese fishing boat was fishing in NK territorial waters and the 100,00 is simply the fine imposed. It is all in the wording.

Australia has enormous problems with illegal fishing and does the same sort of thing.

To make NK out as the bad guy all you need to do is put a different slant on it. Really, 100,000. That is small change to any Nation. Chump change in fact!

P

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Astrocyte

was that CNN ?? or some other news FOX??? yes they have been but this is the first time I have seen it and form China ?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Rotation

DR Evil is not good with maths...

edit on 19-5-2013 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   
100K?

This is the country that has people up in arms and scared that they MIGHT have weapons that could reach the US? They can't even afford something they need less that a quarter million dollars for, hence high jacking a fishing boat. Think it's safe to say they don't have jack.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

I was thinking the same thing but then does Un want to push his luck with China? You would think that this would be all a news[ to put it mildly] a glitch, but with China making a statement, and why impose a fine to to put it a better way, why not say "do not do it again" and send them on their marry way.

Japan could do the same thing if and when China goes in to the waters of Japan , do you think Chian would be so understanding?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rival

Haha that's too funny! But why bite the hand that feeds them? Interesting isn't it?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

DPRK and China are thought to be in bed with each other , so why the fine? or ask for money and hold the crew and boat? I just find this odd if DPRK are China are indeed buddy buddy.

edit on 20-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Yes , why?? Chian could cut off the last oil and food supply and where would that get DPRK er Un, I just think Un has gone nuts, and does not know what to do.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This must be a show because 100,000 is meaningless, regardless if its a fine or not, would you fine a buddy that's helping you out? I wonder what they have in mind with this nonsense.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Just a thought what if it is all show and there is more to this than what we are seeing , say boat load of gold or nuke weapons, this would be a show for the news and the world, it would raise some questions if Un did say "be on your way", like i said just a thought.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Of course the other explanation is that the Chinese fishing boat was fishing in NK territorial waters and the 100,00 is simply the fine imposed. It is all in the wording.

Australia has enormous problems with illegal fishing and does the same sort of thing.

To make NK out as the bad guy all you need to do is put a different slant on it. Really, 100,000. That is small change to any Nation. Chump change in fact!

P

Thank you for having a brain and being the voice of reason. Every country play's this game.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Assumptions are the haze in front of truth. China will not pay the fine, the owner of the fishing fleet will pay the fine. It is quite likely that the Chinese are fine with this! I cannot be bothered but if you dug a little deeper and found out who owned the fishing fleet, you may see some internal Chinese politics at play.

This is not Un pinching a boat and asking the President of China for the money!

So if the USA catch a Mexican fishing boat are you going to get Obummer and whoever runs Mexico to have a pow wow about it. Neither would even be aware of it.

This sounds like Western Propaganda to me!

P

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Or the boat was actually sent by the Chinese to spy on the recent missile launches that they did. Haha I'm just throwing speculations out there lol haha

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by pheonix358

DPRK and China are thought to be in bed with each other , so why the fine? or ask for money and hold the crew and boat? I just find this odd if DPRK are China are indeed buddy buddy.

edit on 20-5-2013 by bekod because: line edit

They are the best of buddies as you put it.This is not political at all, not in the slightest.This is not a Government to Government issue at all. This is the North Korean Government fining a private company or business.This is extremely common.Happens a hundred times a day in nearly every port, in every country. The Australian Government lost a legal battle with myself, just last week on a similar attempt to levy.

The article is more reflective of the boat owner losing face, to the Chinese public. This is being twisted for an agenda.That simple, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it nor do I think the sky is falling. Non event sorry.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   

China does it to Japan, so why not do it too DPRK?, tit for tat ya know, or it could be; "same old game, nothing to see here move a long", just find it odd that it would be in the news. unless it is for reading fun only and to make a thread about nothing, that there is nothing to make a thread about.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

congrats on your win, next time i see this i will bush off the news of it and say same old same old, being land locked don't get much sea faring news. USCG might have listing on how often this takes place in thew gulf and off Miami or off Ca, just to see.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Yeah it's odd isn't it? And another thing, why wait to announce this when DPRK did this earlier this month ? I'm going to keep an eye on this one for sure !

top topics

<<   2 >>

join