It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could Dark Matter life-forms exist?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:04 AM
link   
I realize that Dark Matter hasn't been proven to actually exist yet and that its used to fill a gap in the model of our understanding of the universe but what I'd like to know is if it does exist could Dark Matter life forms or beings exist?

What makes me think this is that everything in the 'observable universe' is made up of Matter but given that there is apparently a great deal more Dark Matter and Dark Energy in the universe than normal Matter but we just can't see it could it be possible that Dark Matter and even Dark Energy life-forms have evolved?

I'll be the first too admit my knowledge of Dark Matter & Energy is sketchy but given that both these enigmatic forms of matter make up the greater part of the universe is it unreasonable to speculate that they have given rise to intelligent sentient life-forms much the same way as Matter has done with humans?

Could it be that the reason why we've never found any substantial evidence for extra terrestrial civilisations is because sentient life in the universe is predominately Dark Matter life and Matter carbon based life-forms duch as ourselves are actually the minority?

Taking this thought to a fantastical and unscientific level could Dark Matter life forms which seldom interact with the normal Matter account for sightings of UFO's, Ghosts and supernatural beings from folklore? What leads me to this wild speculation is that although to my knowledge Matter and Dark Matter do not directly interact Dark Matter does cluster around Matter such as Stars and Planets in large clumps.

Could there be a large amount of Dark Matter around and passing through the Earth?
edit on 19-5-2013 by fadedface because: spelling

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fadedface

It's probably possible. I first came across this idea reading Stephen Baxter's novels and short stories. In them he writes the entire history of the universe, from human expansion of the solar system through the end of the universe, our encounters with other species and the war between the most advanced species the Xeelee with the dark matter species, the photino birds.

I don't want to ruin anything, but the dark matter species consume real matter, causing stars to collapse etc... the dark matter life forms are actually causing the destruction of our universe, which is unstoppable. The only way to ensure the survival of the species is to open a portal to another universe... very interesting read.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
dark matter DOES exist mate
we have seen it clumped around galaxies. we are also starting to look for it on earth now. i read an article about that like last week or so

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Interesting question.
This idea never occurred to me before.

Known matter and energy are made up of the same base particles. Living things are made of this as well.

Dark energy has been all but proven to exist based on the most current models, so it stands to reason that dark matter would be made up of the same base particles that dark energy does.

Based on this idea, I see no reason why life forms made of dark matter could not exist.

But then, I am neither a biologist nor an astrophysicist.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
would be interesting if just Energy cycled once from this side of existence... and so not understood
even more interesting if AWARE.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
The thought never occurred to me, but now you mention it, sure why not.

Perhaps it might explain why your keys mysteriously move from where you last left them, or why you only have a pile of odd socks after wash day!

Well, it's a thought!
edit on 19-5-2013 by solargeddon because: typo

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

you might find this interesting too..

Shadow Biosphere’ theory gaining scientific support
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Everything around you is a "life form," possessing varying levels of consciousness; much of which you cannot perceive.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
"I believe" dark matter is mostly the fermionic shadow matter sector of the E8' Lie group in heterotic E8xE8' superstring theory. Dark energy is the bosonic, spin-1 gauge field sector of E8'. It repels the fermionic sector of E8 (ordinary matter) because the shadow matter counterpart of the gravitational field is a repulsive, not an attractive, force. and so shadow matter gets pushed part by the gravitational component of dark energy, dragging ordinary matter (to which it is attracted) with it.

As originally proved by physicists Witten and Horava, shadow matter and ordinary matter are confined to two 10-dimensional space-time sheets or walls in the 11-dimensional space-time predicted by M-theory, which includes the two heterotic superstring theories as approximations. In the case of E8xE8', the two parallel sheets are spaced along the 10th dimension of space. The size of the gap between them determines the strength of the Newtonian coupling constant G for the gravitational field. There are two universes, each (normally) invisible to the other, occupying the same space apart from one dimension. Only gravitons can travel from one sheet to the other - no other forces can operate between them because all E8 matter is in a singlet state with respect to E8' and all E8' matter is in a singlet state with respect to E8 and therefore interact only gravitationally. Passage of superstrings from one to the other is possible by it undergoing an intermediate phase transition to SO(32) heterotic superstrings, which sense the 10th dimension as a circle instead of as a line segment and so can move to and from between the two space-time sheets, existing in either universe. This, however, requires, energy, and normally, ordinary and shadow matter would be confined to their own universes, one remaining invisible to the other. Evolution of shadow matter life-forms has taken place, and people occasionally glimpse them in flashes of so-called "etheric clairvoyance." This is because humans simultaneously inhabit both worlds, possessing a shadow matter counterpart to their fleshly bodies, called in Hinduism the ""pranamaya kosha". One of the shadow/dark energies is called "prana" or "qi". It is the shadow matter counterpart of the electromagnetic field and has amazing healing and psychokinetic properties when activated and manipulated.
edit on 19-5-2013 by micpsi because: Typo corrected.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Thanks that was very interesting.

What I would like to know is if humans do exist simultaneously in the matter and shadow matter universe how can we access the shadow matter side of our existence or state of being. Is it through the age old spiritual disciplines of meditation? Also upon the extinction of the carbon based body do we continue to exist in the shadow matter universe?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

you might find this interesting too..

Shadow Biosphere’ theory gaining scientific support
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks for that and it reminds me of something else I read called 'Dark Plasma Theory' which proposes the dark matter and dark energy is some form of plasma which permeates the universe and that the Earth has a much larger dark plasma counterpart around.

www.dapla.org...

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Here's the site for a PHD student attacking the predictions of LCDM model of cosmology:
www.scilogs.com -
The Dark Matter Crisis: The rise and fall of cosmological hypotheses...

Here's some blogging he did:
www.scilogs.eu - Dark Matter gone missing in many places: a crisis of modern physics?...

Here's some work he participated in:
www.spacedaily.com - Do Milky Way's Companions Spell Trouble for Dark Matter?...

He's attacking what LCDM predicts, not what we already use as evidence for dark matter.

For as I know, most cosmologists do not agree with his interpreation. In fact, the article I linked up above would be practically demonstrably false on many levels.

But this just goes to show that not everyone agrees, even with lots of corroborating evidence. Consensus is usually right, but I'd be careful in saying that something is certain.

I think hte consensus is that dark matter exists but our theories are not perfect.
edit on 19-5-2013 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by fadedface
reply to post by micpsi

Thanks that was very interesting.

What I would like to know is if humans do exist simultaneously in the matter and shadow matter universe how can we access the shadow matter side of our existence or state of being. Is it through the age old spiritual disciplines of meditation?

Guides or guided seems logical from elder or ancients who HAVE accessed before the...

Also upon the extinction of the carbon based body do we continue to exist in the shadow matter universe?

If so then... many have added their (conscious) outlooks to potential Overseers there. And so what would that meaning, if their INPUT on others HERE was active here. ALLOWING clear behavior understanding of ALL* here... By Judge & Saints

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   
ex:
[color=gold] Nephilim to Raphiam frequency transfer with awareness...

The Nephilim (pron.: /ˈnɛfɨˌlɪm/) were the offspring of the "sons of God" and the "daughters of men" according to Genesis 6:4; and giants who inhabited Canaan according to Numbers 13:33. A similar biblical Hebrew word with different vowel-sounds is used in Ezekiel 32:27 to refer to dead Philistine warriors.

Rephaite (pron.: /ˈrɛfi.aɪt/; Heb. plural רפאים, Rephaim) is a Northwest Semitic term that occurs in the Hebrew Bible as well as other, non-Jewish ancient texts from the region. It can refer either to a race of giants, [color=gold]or to dead ancestors who are residents of the Netherworld.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting to draw parallels with the Nephilm from the old testament biblical text and dark matter and dark energy.

Could the intelligence that is in symbiosis with human consciousness as some ufologists speculated be dark matter and dark energy in nature?

As a layman in these matters I'm always amazed at how only a small fraction of the universe is purportedly made up of normal matter the remainder is given over to the enigmatic and elusive dark matter and dark energy.
edit on 19-5-2013 by fadedface because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Death involves the withdrawal of consciousness from the bodies in both universes, which belong to the space-time continuum. It transfers to another universe in a higher vehicle of consciousness. There are five such bodies, or "koshas", which function in the lowest five of seven planes of consciousness. However, in OBEs, especially those induced by accident, awareness occasionally gets jolted into the normally only dormant, unconscious level of consciousness of the shadow universe. When that happens, the individual experiences a kind of 4-dimensional vision. It's like being in a virtual reality with everything looking transparent and all perspectives visible at the same time.

There are magickal and meditational techniques (e.g. Vipassana meditation in the Kalichakra tradition of Tibetan Buddhism) that can stimulate the pineal gland confering what traditional occultism calls "etheric vision". This power should not be sought for its own sake but allowed to develop naturally through the course of spiritual development. The life-forms that exist in the shadow matter universe are both human (earth-bound spirits that cannot transfer their consciousness to a higher level because of powerful attachments to their former life on Earth) and non-human. Some classes of so-called "ETs" are to be found there. They have the technological capability of travelling at will between the universes of ordinary and shadow matter. When they move in the former, they are also moving in the latter, although not wholly belonging to it and are not visible to anyone unless they "cross over", so to speak.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm still trying to verify if lifeforms in our reality exist. It's easy to jump the gun and try to find evidence if it exists in Dark matter. Lets prove reality first.
edit on 19-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Interesting to draw parallels with the Nephilm from the old testament biblical text and dark matter and dark energy.

basically just sharing ex: of unknown forms of aware CREATOR Creation Energies like Seraphim.

This is 1 known as ATS member Ophiuchus 13 subjective pov...

Could the intelligence that is in symbiosis with human consciousness as some ufologists speculated be dark matter and dark energy in nature?

Paranormal-Metaphysical how can some understand fully w/o experience or guides? Science can try but there are too many loopholes with hypotheses data shares like the hypothetical Oort cloud and its Celestial hypothetical visitors/ original Oort cloud structure movers...

A seraph (pl. seraphs or seraphim (pron.: /ˈsɛr.ə.fɪm/); Hebrew: שְׂרָפִים śərāfîm, singular שָׂרָף śārāf; Latin: seraphi[m], singular seraph[us]; Greek: σεραφείμ) is a type of celestial or heavenly being in the Abrahamic religions.

Literally "burning ones", the word seraph is normally a synonym for serpents when used in the Hebrew Bible. A seminal passage in the Book of Isaiah (Isaiah 6:1-8) used the term to describe fiery six-winged beings that fly around God's throne singing "holy, holy, holy". This throne scene, with its triple invocation of holiness (a formula that came to be known as the Trisagion), profoundly influenced subsequent theology, literature and art. Its influence is frequently seen in works depicting angels, heaven and apotheosis. Seraphs are mentioned as celestial beings in an influential Hellenistic work, the Book of Enoch, and the Book of Revelation. Tradition places seraphs in the fifth rank of ten in the Jewish angelic hierarchy and the highest rank in the Christian angelic hierarchy.

NAMASTE*******

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Ok.. so keeping an open mind here, because I've seen some really strange things in my life - if these "ET's" are in another dimension of dark matter, along with earth bound human spirits (ghosts), would that not make them what are known to us as "demons". If so, why do you think they get such a negative connotation to them - just simply fear? Is it possible that possession and any other type of activity such as poltergeists is simply them trying to get our attention or complete a necessary task of some sort?

Seems to me whenever you hear about anyone mentioning the netherworld or demons its not a good thing. Why do you think that is?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join