It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 billion bucks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I read this article today about a guy and his wife desiring to fund research onto what is making people obese. They are dangling a lot of money out there for research, most of which will be wasted I am sure. It doesn't take a bunch of scientists to figure this out. It doesn't take a lot of money. The couple is exactly right with their idea that the food is making us ill, but no matter how much research and evidence you get it won't make a difference. There is so much wrong out there with the food and there will be about twice this amount of money spent by businesses to
counteract what ever these people find out. Here is the article

finance.yahoo.com...

The research is already out there, all we need is a few good concerned people to assemble the information. People with common sense, not people who are conditioned to believe all the lies that are presently out there. There is a lot more to food than vitamins and minerals. They say there are only 22 essential amino acids, that is a lie, most people need more than the twenty two they say are essential, and everyone is different. If we do not get what we need, the hunger will come on till our needs are met. Another thing is that we need to move our abdomen around so to warm the innards, hard to do when we sit at a desk all day. We do not need a lot of exercise either to lose weight. We do not need antinutrients. We need to get rid of the chemicals our government approves for multiple reasons with the real intention of calming the public.

These people would be better off getting the input of regular people, all they have to do is call.
edit on 18-5-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

The problem is that the only research that the government gives any credence to is that which is done by the same corporations whom stand to make tons of money on putting their products into our food supply!

Us little honest folk, don't have the money to send lobbyists (whores) to Washington DC, to then create MORE Whores by buying votes from corrupt politicians........

When will the insanity end?

Sorry for using a term that is not politically correct, but other than that the only term I can think of to accurately describe these scum is "demons"!
edit on 18-5-2013 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   
You want to find out about food take a nutrition course from the Seventh day Adventists, they sure know their onions when it comes to eating good food.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker1963

But you are right. These people will blow all that money to make themselves look good but the problem is it will accomplish very little. Sure, the people receiving the money will think they are doing something great, only to see their research go to pot. Half the money will go to legal fees, while the big corporations already own their own lawyers. We have plenty of evidence out there and it has been ignored. I started to check the evidence that was discounted and a real high percentage of the evidence can be verified abroad or even if someone read the research our colleges did. Think debunkers on a monster scale and you have GMO companies who say there is no evidence to prove them wrong. No evidence yet, it won't show up for at least ten years. By then the execs will be living in the Bahamas.

When a corporation is fined, the people running the corporation lose nothing. One billion bucks, so what, the stockholders lose the money, not the management. The management have personal liability insurance anyway, paid for by the stockholders.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I'm inclined to believe that there isn't much mystery to obesity. Both of my parents were overweight. I eat like a hog. Fresh meat and veggies are the norm, but I love ice cream and wouldn't shy away from a greasy fast food burger slathered with mayo and served with fries. I don't count carbs, fat, or calories. I happen to dislike salty food, so I never pick up a salt shaker. The biggest difference between my overweight parents and me: I ride a bicycle every day. Usually only a few miles, but sometimes up to 100 miles in a day. I don't have an Adonis physique, no six pack or anything, but I am lean and muscular. Working in a bike shop I have met people who are still riding in their 90's. They are never hobbled or weak. They tend to have a spring in their step and mental sharpness that is uncommon for their age. They are still full of energy. I am in my early 30's and plan on riding until I die or am otherwise unable to do so, if not for the love of the experience then because of the old-timers that I have met who attribute their longevity to exercise.

(calories eaten > calories spent) == excess weight
(calories eaten

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
what is making people obese.

Wow very simple large quantities of cheap high fat food and sugary drinks and a sedatery life style.

So can I have $4 Billion?
edit on 19-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
These people are going to stimulate the economy of the upper middle class. I suppose those are the people they hang around with so I don't blame them. They have good intentions but their methods are messed up. Hopefully something even remotely good comes out of it.

top topics

join