It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is reality real? Simulated Universe and Holographic Reality (VIDEO)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Now that I watch your video again, you sound like Eminem rapping. Geez bro, you talk so fast.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Here are some links I find important if you are to deeply consider the possibility and probability of your Universe being a computer simulation of some form or kind.

This subject is very old and dates back hundreds of years even before the advent of computers. So lets take that walk together and start from the start.

Reasons to wonder if you live in a simulation.

First we start with René Descartes, who some call the father of modern philosophy. As hard as he could try, he could never prove his world was real. He could allow himself to disallow reality as a whole within thinking experiments. If he couldn't prove it was real, he would dismiss it as a thinking exercise in philosophy.

One thing he couldn't disallow was that he himself did exist. "I think therefore I am" was his ultimate conclusion. But was he right? From Plato to Socrates, many have explored reality and its realism. But none do it justice like Descartes.

Moving on to the Brain in the Vat

The Brain in the Vat argument is a very intriguing argument that tests the realism of your world. Some would say this is the first argument to really begin identifying the simulation argument directly. I find it to be a very fun ride and one that resonates with me personally as something worth reading and considering deeply.

The argument goes as thus- How can you be sure your reality is real when all things you experience and know are simply data packets of information coming through your biological systems of observation. The argument on its own does little to convince one either way. But mixed with other arguments and reasonings of logic/math/technology it gains speed and weight long before such things ever had a strong semblance to a working hypothesis.

Brain in a vat WIKI

Quick video on the Brain in a Vat argument.

Seth Lloyd (professor, mathematician, 'quantum mechanic' of MIT and head of the team that recently created the first quantum transistor decades before anyone thought this possible) talks about his solid view that the universe is a working quantum computer. Lloyd is a brilliant and odd mind within science today, and one of the working leaders in the technological jump towards making thinking machines and simulated universes as we know it. Here is a little 2 min vid of his views. Please seek out his endless hours of lectures and interviews. He is amazing...and laughs like a psychopath. lol.

In short...he fully believes the universe itself IS a quantum computer. And he is far from alone in this. Lloyd may very well go down as the father of Quantum Computing and the beginning factor of our simulation in less then a handful of years to come.

Professor S. James Gates of the University Maryland (and scientific advisor to the White house) recently discovers computer code written inside the fabric of the universe within string theory. Listen deeply how he explains this. It is not just "similar to a code" it is a very exact code created by a programmer in the early 1940s by a man named Claude Shannon. The code is present in most browsers today on the internet, and is a code used to correct data lost in transition. It is an error correcting code used overly today in technology. Gates says he has found this in reality's building blocks. A code that manages and corrects data...in reality.

In the vid in my OP, I mention the discovery of science finding the holographic lattice that reality hangs on. The discovery was a handful of months ago out of Bonn University. Its mind blowing and fairly new. Here is an interview with Jon Rappoport (journalist/reporter) who speaks about the discovery. Forgive the INFOWARS origin of the vid...but that means nothing to me. The discovery is what makes me happy, and this interview does a great job explaining it. Scientists find what they think is the virtual frame our digital reality hangs on.

AND OF COURSE lets listen to one of my personal heroes in logic, technology and philosophy- Award winning Professor of Oxford Nick Bostrom details his Simulation Argument that demands a high percent chance you do indeed live in a computer simulation.

I could listen to this man's voice endlessly lol. I love him. Here is his argument in a nutshell from his mouth to your ears.

And in case you wish to take the argument yourself, please feel free to read the extensive paper published in 2003 titled The Simulation Arument.

There is so SO SO much more! But space n time limits me. Please seek more!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleVortex
Now that I watch your video again, you sound like Eminem rapping. Geez bro, you talk so fast.

Thats funny...I was a rapper on stage for 11 years. HAHAHAAH. Sigh...it comes out in all videos I make, even if they don't rhyme.

If interested, here is a thread detailing my decade long adventure in music and rhyme.

PS-I no longer do that. But it was fun and a big part of making me what I am today.

An ATS thread detailng my rap years with links to songs and lifestyle.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Reality is a giant jigsaw and every observer creates each piece... We are Waves Observing/Creating Particles
as simple as that. So is reality Real..... you are the creator, it's as real as you make it.

If your still unsure here's a little skit.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DreamerOracle
Reality is a giant jigsaw and every observer creates each piece... We are Waves Observing/Creating Particles
as simple as that. So is reality Real..... you are the creator, it's as real as you make it.

If your still unsure here's a little skit.

Collapsing the wave function of particles...a very interesting facet to all these arguments and studies. And although that video you post comes from a garbage documentary that every single scientist in the movie distanced themselves from due to its mangling of the subjects with a new age agenda very against real science, the Dr Quantum Vids are very useful to explain things.

But that video is also outdated and wrong on a few levels. It also fails to go to the extent of the real experiment's implications. the double eraser dual slit experiment is a more up-to-date version of that experiment, and very exciting.

It shows that not only does an observer cause a collapse in a wave function, but that collapse can and will go backwards in time as well. In effect- the entire Universe pauses and waits for you to observe, and then effects the past from the future to go back in time and alter or guide the future.

This improved experiment based on the old Dual slit, is called Delayed choice quantum eraser expriment

ONE THING that bothers me tho about your post here is your solid 100% statement as if it is a ended discussion and end-all proof of anything. It is not. It raises more questions then it could ever answer.

It is no direct evidence or proof of anything more than what it shows. That reality may not take no exact position in time or space until observed.

Saying a video from a documentary that was proven as a money stunt and a slap in the face to every scientist within it (it was sold to them as an idea of science and they were all disgusted to learn they were tricked into being in a new age false documentary that rapes real science) proves anything "new agey" is not a slam dunk.

In fact, that entire documentary does everything it can to lead a critically thinking mind into the toilet.

Not my opinion...scientific and historic fact.

Thanks for posting.

Hugs.

MM
edit on 19-5-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-5-2013 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

perhaps we are just the glitch in the machine. this holoworld was made by some other beings, we create holographic worlds and play out our lives on the computer, perhaps the computer spirits of the future will create their own little worlds too. Macro/Microcosm

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anubis93
reply to post by Mr Mask

perhaps we are just the glitch in the machine. this holoworld was made by some other beings, we create holographic worlds and play out our lives on the computer, perhaps the computer spirits of the future will create their own little worlds too. Macro/Microcosm

I am ALL FOR speculation and waste many hours a day in such. I dunno anything tho.

I'm in it for the facts...but I do enjoy speculative mind fun.

Who knows why things are even here at all? I don't...but we are here (maybe?) lol.

Either way you look at it...simulation or not. We are marvels to behold. Complex encoded machines in a reality far more strange than any fiction could attempt to be.

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

It shows that not only does an observer cause a collapse in a wave function, but that collapse can and will go backwards in time as well. In effect- the entire Universe pauses and waits for you to observe, and then effects the past from the future to go back in time and alter or guide the future.

You know I think I had a crazy moment a bit like you described at the begining of last week, all be it on a more macro scale.

Warning...You are now entering planet Geddon!

Bumped into my old boss as he was about to turn a corner I was close to approaching.

He had quite a blank look on his face and in the time it took to register the look, I thought to myself "Well that's nice, only left a month ago and already I don't exist...not even a hello!"

Well by this point he was just out the other side of passing me (kind of hard ot explain, think... one step away) when he said "Morning!" I said "Morning!" too, but cannot be sure he wasn't saying to someone in front of him, instead of to me retrospectively, as i didn't trun round.

Now leaving planet Geddon...The point I'm trying to make was a little like your quote above....Did the act of observing a lack of recognition pause the universe, making room for a re-write all be it a little out of step???

Feel free to disregard me as the "crazy" in the room...most do, but at the time the moment felt a little strange, like time slowed down, if anything my momentof bizzarre might serve as analogy?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by solargeddon

Very interesting posts you have left so far (and thank you for saying this serves as a good device for young minds in a world where violent genies have left open bottles).

What you suggest in your last post here deals with observation, and possibly yes...yes...I'd say it is very possible that you observing the lack of a "hello" got you one.

But I can't prove that. But what I can do is provide a few links on the issue that I find relevant.

On the study of Coincidences.

There has been extensive study on coincidence and chance, and some of the results are mind blowing in themselves. I urge you to seek some of that out.

Here is a lil soft-info 4 min vid (created by Discovery) talking about some of it. There is a wealth of info on the matter online.

Stuff they don't want you to know. Probability.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Mask

Originally posted by BobM88
Finally got to watch it. Man, it's great!! Now I'm dying to learn more...any suggestions?

Thanks again for making it and sharing here

Awwwww, thanks dude (or dudett, depending on your avatar). I love that you loved it.

YES I have tons of recommendations to follow up on these subjects.

If you wish, I can send you a U2U with various links to fun material I find mind blowing. If yo so wish? It would be my pleasure to hook you up with some brain candy. Just give me the permission to send it, and the time it takes to collect it.

MM

Liked the video. Nicely done ...great info , for anyone to research further following the nuggets given. Though this is my first post here, I've been a member for some time and like posts on this topic.

Have my own collection of info on this topic. It would be great if you can send yours as it is obvious you have been studying it for some time.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7319

Dude thanks for the kind words! Ya, I personally love this subject. Think about it and follow it overly.

On page 3 and 4 of this thread I added about a dozen or so links to some good info, lectures and articles on the matters presented in the OP.

There are so many names, dates and research experiments behind these subjects it would be a very large quest to collect and share them all.

I wish I could build such a list. I really do.

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Whoa...sweet!

Just learned my vid is on the front page of ebaumsworld!

That's pretty...um...fricken awesome!

Hugs all!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Kudos on the front page Mr Siff

I have sent your vid to many o friends and they be diggin' it!
You should do an ATS vid maybe?

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by Mr Mask

Kudos on the front page Mr Siff

I have sent your vid to many o friends and they be diggin' it!
You should do an ATS vid maybe?

I actually used to do vids for ATS, making the ATS comic with the staff, was very fun but life got hectic and I had to bail on the project, sadly.

But ya, I think I will do a lil vid about ATS and try to get some folks turned on to the site. Great idea bro.

And thank you so much for sharing my vids. I make them for one reason, to entertain and maybe provoke thought or laughter. So thanks for spreading the quest!

All love!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks for the links Mr Mask, of course on closer inspection it could just be the greeting wasn't targeted at me, or perhaps he read something in my facial expression (don't think I was pulling faces, but who knows).

However this still does not take away from the possibility that it could have been the act of observation, just acknowledgement that there may be more than one possible cause to the effect observed.

Love this stuff....you can really tie yourself up in some knots with it!

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
intersting theory- very enjoyable, but I simply refuse to believe that somewhere an entity created some sort of "game" in which me, sitting in my house attempt to pull hairs from my ear on a regular basis

I think this defies logic

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
intersting theory- very enjoyable, but I simply refuse to believe that somewhere an entity created some sort of "game" in which me, sitting in my house attempt to pull hairs from my ear on a regular basis

I think this defies logic

Well, that is fine. But I do offer you another suggestion. maybe the "programmers" have a seriously larger reason for doing this. Maybe they do it for all sorts of reasons.

Either way...look at the accepted model most people accept with no issue. "All reality, time and space was created from a non-moment of no-time, no-energy, no-space". And it happened with no catalyst.

In other words..."nothing exploded, nowhere, in no time, becoming everything, everywhere and all time".

I mean as long as we are weighing what's possible or logical...I have no issue assuming reality is a simulation based on evidence.

Hugs bro! happy thinking and enjoy the ride!

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by solargeddon
reply to post by Mr Mask

Thanks for the links Mr Mask, of course on closer inspection it could just be the greeting wasn't targeted at me, or perhaps he read something in my facial expression (don't think I was pulling faces, but who knows).

However this still does not take away from the possibility that it could have been the act of observation, just acknowledgement that there may be more than one possible cause to the effect observed.

Love this stuff....you can really tie yourself up in some knots with it!

Ya, ur prolly right lol. But you never know.

But either way, I'm very flexible...I can do knots easy.

HUGS and love.

OH AND GREAT AVATAR! Big Who fan here.

MM

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

Could String Theory be a proof of the Holographic Universe?
If the strings could be considered to be binary code. Each string is a 1 or 0, in turn being combined into different kinds of quarks, etc etc.
Perhaps I am thinking to much "inside the box", using binary code as the basics of it all...
But still something alike.
edit on 19-5-2013 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Mask

ha I know, I like the theory, and it makes sense, and then, as I was watching the video I realised I was attempting to remove a hair from my ear, whoever made my reality must be smoking something

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join