It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

$600 Million Power ball what would you do?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Hey!!..I won $4! Should I take it all in one lump sum or payments?

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:05 PM
link   
It's said that if you do win, turn off your phone numbers, get new ones. Leave town for a month. Blow through a big chunk, like, light a cigar with hundred dollar bills just to get it out of your system. Get a team together, tax attorney, CPA, investment guy. Make no decisions for a month. Establish a trust to sort through the requests that will come in. Then, have some fun!
Money will amplify your personality, so really consider what you'd be like. Generous or a jerk? Kind or cruel? Drugs and hookers or city rescue missions? Whatever your doing right now, you'd probably just do it bigger.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by kijne

Take the annual payments route. You get more of it that way.

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Well I would take the lump sum, that's a lot of money to trust being paid over 25 years. Hundreds of millions of reasons for someone to kill you if you ask me.

Then I would pocket 50M and spend the rest putting solar panels on houses that are supplied by a nuclear power plant so we could shut it down. I would make my intentions public and challenge Trump, Oprah, Romney, Gore, Buffett, Gates, Cuban, and many others to put their money where their mouth is.

There's enough rich bastards in this country to get it done, but I guess we'll never know cuz I didn't win. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to find another way to change the world.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Can you believe I didn't win a damn thing?

Guess the concubines and antibiotics will have to wait a little longer.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I don't know if you can still do this, but I'd take a lump sum. I really don't care if I lose a lot. unless the installments were huge, i'd rather take the 50 million all at once. Here's why.

My mother has had a very hard life. My dad was her only boyfriend, they were together 33 years, one day he just said "you'd be better off if you killed yourself" and left her with another woman. If it weren't for my sister's diligence, she would have succeeded. She downed 40 percocets and two bottles of zoloft. She remarried a minister, who did the same thing. She suffers from agoraphobia now, and can't work. She never deserved this. If I won that money, lets say it was 50 million, I'd give her 10 million.

I'd give my wife's mother 1 million and her father 1 million ( he really doesn't even need the money, the man is goddamn loaded. Who do you know who has purchased a ferrari without a loan recently?)

I'd give my best friend 2 million, another friend 1 million, and I have two other good friends who would each get 2.5 million. I think I could live just find on 30 million dollars..... I wouldn't complain. It's not my money. It's "the money". I would probably also donate another million to a few local animal rescues who really need it.

Then it would buy a newer ferreri and drive it up to my wife's father's wealthy town, and say "oh, that's your ferrari? 1990? yeah, I just got a couple this week. Yeah, they're not used, though. But boy, they sure go fast. Yours is nice, though".

Then I'd laugh and laugh. And give him one.

with the 2nd ferrari, I'd sit in a mall parking lot, wait for someone with a #ty car who looks like they're having a bad day, run up to their cars, smash it to pieces with a hammer, and then hand them the keys and say "sorry, I thought you needed a new car. It's not a 1971 buick, but I think you'll like it".

I would set aside 1.5 million for doing things like that, just for trolling people only to have them wind up with better stuff. I've given this a lot of thought. LOL.

and you mark my words, people. I will win that money, or some other money.
edit on 19-5-2013 by DarwinVsJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I bought a ticket simply because I responded to this thread. Up until that point I really had no idea what the payoff was and have not played the lottery in years (I did buy a scratch off once last year).

My winnings? A big fat 0 with a lot more 0's behind that. Oh well it was $6 wasted. Certainly I have wasted far more in my life on things just as stupid

I had even forgot about the ticket I bought until clicking the "My ATS" and seeing the thread again.

Raist

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Same here, man.

I bought one yesterday too just because of this thread. Last time I bought one was the last time the lotto was at record heights. It was fun though.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Take the annual payments route. You get more of it that way.

No way. If you die, that's it. (if you plan on having this money support your family for the end of their days, you're sunk this route). Not to mention, a big chunk could be EARNING money for YOU vs. the government. Also, if some kind of government faux paus happens, and they decide to scrap the lotto, you're screwed. The recent fiscal cliff crap should reiterate the volatility of this. Get the money while you can, no guarantee for what will happen over the next 20 years.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I didn't win either, though looks like someone about an hour away from me did. One lucky winner. Man...can't even imagine (well...ok, I can).

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Oh if it was the big one, I'd have said lump sum. But the $4 needs to be taken in annual payments to stench it out.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Hehe...so you'd take 20 cents annually for 20 years?

By that time, your $4 wouldn't even have the purchasing power of your $1 ticket...

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Yeah but think how good it would feel every year when that twenty cents came in. You'd get reminded all over again you won the lottery. : lol:

Oh, and we won $14. I'm thinking annual payments, after taxes out would be like $13.

edit on 5/20/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Well I read the articles about the serial lottery winners and I think I figured it out.

Next time its big I intend to win. And with the money I shall hire the finest engineers, stone masons, and construction crews to rebuild an exact replica of the great pyramid and put it out in the middle of nowhere in Arkansas.

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Nice big property, underground fortress.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join