It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Quake...4.8, May 17. 9:45 AM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
A small quake just hit the Outaouais region. epicentre : Breaside, Ontario, Canada.
Felt in Gatineau, Ottawa, Fort Coulonge and all the way to Montreal !

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:06 AM
link   
After shock...4.2....

" reporting live !!!"

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Reports are now comming in from as far as Winnipeg Alberta..They felt it too !

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Didn't feel it in the GTA, but that is a significant quake for that fault, the fault that runs along the Ottawa River.
edit on 17-5-2013 by PlanetXisHERE because: correction

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Here is the map.

www.earthquakescanada.nrcan.gc.ca...
edit on 17-5-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Im in East Toronto and I felt it . my building was shaking. First time!! Changing my shorts now

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Upgraded to a 5.1?

Second line.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by papazen

My fiance is in Gatineau and she is changing hers aswell...LOL...She is a home daycare service provider and she said that all the kids thought it was funny....She wasn't laughing...LOL

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Yes...Reports have just come in....Upgraded to a 5.1 !

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
They felt a quake from Canada above new york in Marquette. The quake rattled New York. The reason that quakes can be felt far away sometimes is because there is a crystaline structure connecting the areas. In the case here, there is a deep crystalline aquifer that connects the areas. I only know this because I read many articles about the geology of the local area. Energy travels through crystals. You have to take into consideration that most rocks are crystalline also. These crystals do absorb the energy like a capacitor also, so they can also buffer the shock unless the whole thing gets overloaded. So basically I said nothing except that things are connected to each other.
Something only a geologist would have interest and knowledge of

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Reports in Montreal Quebec say the quake was felt for about 20 seconds....

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
USGS lists it:
M5.0 - 25km NNE of Shawville, Canada 2013-05-17 13:43:22 UTC
earthquake.usgs.gov...

Dang, you guys felt a bit of a whopper!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
posted in the first thread.. but felt in Clayton, NY.. I'm about 2 blocks from the St Lawrence river... vibrated the house for a good 4-5 seconds.. probably wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't sitting down and some stuff on my counters wasn't rattling around a bit lol

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Yeah I felt that one too,
up to the 22nd floor of my building.

earthquake

aftershock

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Thanks for posting.

I live in Cantley, Quebec (about 20 minutes from Ottawa) and I certainly felt it over here.

This is my day off so I was still asleep at the time but it woke me right up, the house was shaking a bit and I could hear glasses clinging in the cupboard.

My cat had his tail all puffed up, and my dogs were quite nervous as well. Just before the aftershock, my littlest dog kept on growling and barking.

We did have another quake in the region in the last couple of days also... Unless it was a big truck driving in front of my home but it really felt like a small quake. 2-3 days before this one.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Also,

Seems like someone was 6 minutes faster than you and posted a thread n this already.

AboveTopSecret.com

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dominar
Also,

Seems like someone was 6 minutes faster than you and posted a thread n this already.

AboveTopSecret.com

Oups...Thanks !

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I'm in Hamilton, just 45 minutes SW from Toronto. It woke me out of a sound sleep! I thought it was my cats clawing my bed.

On a possibly related note, I have a wall decoration that was shaking the day before for a few hours. Very slightly but enough to hear it hitting my wall for the first time since I've lived here. Not sure if there was a precursor event or not, but I can't seem to find it. I remember thinking it was a mini quake, but couldn't find anything online. Then boom, today we get one.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Please add your comments to the original thread here:www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thanks.

Closed.

top topics

join