It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is what happens when you try to carjack an armed citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This is why as a Brit, i see the point in being armed, this would be carjacker has just been fired from his job, literally...i dont know where this is filmed, but the on screen stuff kinda makes me think Mexico.

The guy getting car jacked would have had no chance if he wasnt armed. Guns dont kill people, evil, mad people kill people. He could have just as easily pulled a knife or baseball bat to steal the car. Being armed possibly saved the drivers life.

I know, if i had a gun, i wouldnt go around shooting people or robbing people, its just not in me. Others would, and do. This is one less criminal on the streets, if he did survive i think he may look at his life and think...what am i doing, is it worth dying over?

edit on 17-5-2013 by AmberLeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Nothing to argue over here. The car owner's life was in immediate danger, and he responded accordingly.

Just glad I don't live in a country where having to carry a gun, and be prepared to use it, is second nature.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That robbery was in Venezuela, so do they have the American constitution down there? *This is a reply to the video text and not to the OP:

Published on May 16, 2013
He wont be doing that again in a hurry....or ever it would seem.

Take back your second amendment! The infringing gun laws are stopping you from defending yourself and your family/friends from criminals like this! Lucky this guy was able to carry a gun on him.

While I see the point they are trying to get across. Another country and its laws and/or policies, doesn't always reflect onto another one.

I mean, should the US/UK/CAN have everything done the same as Venezuela, simply cause someone shot a carjacker?
edit on 17-5-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

By the way, around the same time:

Assailants shot and killed a son of former Venezuelan presidential candidate Claudio Fermin early Monday during an attempt to steal his car, the politician said.

"Unfortunately, one of my sons, Alejandro, died today, February 4, at 12:05 in the morning, of a gun shot wound," a somber Fermin said at the entrance of morgue in Caracas.

Local media reported that Alejandro Fermin Roye, 33, was shot in the neck by assailants who intercepted his car as he arrived at his house in a Caracas suburb.

www.globalpost.com...

The guy in the video was on the ball, he could of just as easily been shot himself.

This is also an old one, but you get the point:

CARACAS – The editor of the Caracas daily 2001, Israel Marquez, was shot to death on Tuesday morning by criminals attempting to carjack his vehicle, Venezuelan police said.

Inspector Ramon Silva told reporters that the crime occurred when Marquez and his wife were preparing to get in the car after having visited one of their sons in the southern part of the capital.

Apparently, Marquez tried to defend himself and his wife with his pistol but the carjackers shot him seven times, the media reported.

www.laht.com...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Dude that's a cop that was behind the guy, Turned the corner and ran.

I swear it, It looks like he reaches for a gun then runs.

I thought the law was supposed to protect you?! Without a gun this guy would of been screwed and law enforcement wouldn't of helped him...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Nothing to argue over here. The car owner's life was in immediate danger, and he responded accordingly.

Just glad I don't live in a country where having to carry a gun, and be prepared to use it, is second nature.

I agree, he had little choice given the situation he was in. Had he been unarmed, things could have ended very badly for himself.

I can see the value of being armed, it may not prevent crime but it certainly gives the would be victim an equal footing....i would imagine anyone who has been shot, or shot at would think twice before doing it again. Guns arent all bad, its the people who own them. Without the psycho in the equation guns are harmless tools.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

I agree, he had little choice given the situation he was in. Had he been unarmed, things could have ended very badly for himself.

I can see the value of being armed, it may not prevent crime but it certainly gives the would be victim an equal footing....i would imagine anyone who has been shot, or shot at would think twice before doing it again. Guns arent all bad, its the people who own them. Without the psycho in the equation guns are harmless tools.

I just posted a link from the same area of someone who tried to defend themselves with a pistol and he and his wife were gunned down. They say the best thing is just turn over your vehicle if someone is trying to rob you. Up to you. You pull a gun and someone's gonna die, simple as that. You don't pull one, someone takes your car.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

" I just posted a link from the same area of someone who tried to defend themselves with a pistol and he and his wife were gunned down. They say the best thing is just turn over your vehicle if someone is trying to rob you. Up to you. You pull a gun and someone's gonna die, simple as that. You don't pull one, someone takes your car "

Good points, boncho, of course depending on the mental state of the perp, they might just take the car and shoot you anyway.

A situation like this requires split second assessment of the situation, as to whether you risk a shoot out, or hand over the car, hoping you won't get shot. You might make the right decision for the circumstances, or you may not.
Very difficult...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Its not really as simple as that, for all the guy knew they were going to be robbed, his wife raped and then them both murdered. It happens...guns give people a sense of power, some will use it to the full advantage, so taking the car may not be enough in the heat of the moment. The guy could have run away, but chose to shoot them. I dont think every criminal intends to use the weapon, most would think, is it worth a life sentence or death stealing this car

I can see that a gun may escalate a problem, but on the other hand it may give the criminal a sense of invincibility whereby they feel stealing the car isnt enough, they can get more from having the weapon.

If i had a gun, and someone pulled a gun on me, i would pull mine....its a split second choice, it may end in injury or death, but not pulling it may result in the same ending for all you know. Given a loved one being present, i would imagine you would fear for their safety too, and do whatever you could to stop bad things from happening.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Here's the thing, if I have a gun, and I come up on you, mine's drawn and yours isn't. In this case, it was Venezuela, and the biz owners know the likelihood of this happening. The guy was really quick with it, quicker than anyone I've ever seen. Simply coming up to ask people a question, most are slow to respond.

You don't want to live in a society where you are pulling your gun on every next person that comes to talk to you as well. Just aint the life...

That is what separates the first world from the third world.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

Here's the thing, if I have a gun, and I come up on you, mine's drawn and yours isn't. In this case, it was Venezuela, and the biz owners know the likelihood of this happening. The guy was really quick with it, quicker than anyone I've ever seen. Simply coming up to ask people a question, most are slow to respond.

You don't want to live in a society where you are pulling your gun on every next person that comes to talk to you as well. Just aint the life...

That is what separates the first world from the third world.

Is the USA a third world country? There are tons of countries that arent third world where guns are legal and carried by citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

If someone pulls a gun on you in order to get goods, or to assault you (sexually or otherwise) would it not be better that you could defend your property or person? Or should you just let them take your "stuff" and do whatever they like to you? I dont see how defending yourself is a third world thing.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:22 AM
link   

I agree with the video 100% - the guy got what he deserved as soon as he pulled his gun. Good on the driver for defending himself. agree completely with how it resulted.

Much more preferable to the alternative outcome, where the driver is killed and the crim gets away in he car, that we watch on the cctv footage replays.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
This is why as a Brit, i see the point in being armed, this would be carjacker has just been fired from his job, literally...i dont know where this is filmed, but the on screen stuff kinda makes me think Mexico.

The guy getting car jacked would have had no chance if he wasnt armed. Guns dont kill people, evil, mad people kill people. He could have just as easily pulled a knife or baseball bat to steal the car. Being armed possibly saved the drivers life.

I know, if i had a gun, i wouldnt go around shooting people or robbing people, its just not in me. Others would, and do. This is one less criminal on the streets, if he did survive i think he may look at his life and think...what am i doing, is it worth dying over?

Hey
What I got from this post is this: (feel free to fill in the blanks)
Hey dudes, I don't know anything about this video or have bothered to look into it but man, do I have an opinion for some reason.
Must be Mexico because ________________
It's a totally real clip because ______________
Guns equal awesome because _____________
Instead of questioning why life and society is like this, I'll just advocate violence vs violence
Good to know that you don't shoot or rob people because " it's just not "in" you" friend.

edit on 17/5/13 by skonaz because: I can

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by skonaz

Hey What I got from this post is this: (feel free to fill in the blanks)
Hey dudes, I don't know anything about this video or have bothered to look into it but man, do I have an opinion. Must be Mexico because ________________,
It's a totally real clip because ______________
Guns equal awesome because _____________
Instead of questioning why life and society is like this, I'll just advocate violence vs violence Good to know you don't shoot or rob people because " it's just not "in" you"

What i get from your post is that you dont advocate people defending themselves

I guessed Mexico purely based on the words "Entrada"...oops, isnt the end of the world i was mistaken.
Why would it be a fake clip? False flag maybe lol come on find a conspiracy in it, actor maybe?
Did i say guns are awesome? Nope, i said they are tools, that in the right hands can do some good and as a form of defense or a pretty big deterrent.

This post isnt about life and society, thats fairly clear from my OP, its about a guy defending himself and his property. Society is broken, i agree, but thats not what the post is about. Does it really matter that i dont have a back story on it? This is General Chit Chat, i could have posted the video and nothing more, but i chose to give an opinion based on what i saw in the video.

(This is totally hypothetical)
If someone came to your home for example and you had a gun to hand...they pulled a gun and said, im going to rape and murder your 7 year old daughter...would you

A) Let them do it then call the police and ask them to find and prosecute them, then live with the thought that you could have saved them.

B) Shoot them and save your daughter from her rape and death

Given your post id guess A, but in reality i know you would chose B. Violence is sometimes the only way to prevent violence.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Hey sorry, reading back I came across pretty harsh.
I just find guns difficult.
I'm lucky enough to live in a country where they are not an issue most of the time.
I guess whenever I see something like this, I'm more inclined to think about why this happened as opposed to being glad someone was armed at the time.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Is the USA a third world country? There are tons of countries that arent third world where guns are legal and carried by citizens.

en.wikipedia.org...

If someone pulls a gun on you in order to get goods, or to assault you (sexually or otherwise) would it not be better that you could defend your property or person? Or should you just let them take your "stuff" and do whatever they like to you? I dont see how defending yourself is a third world thing.

The OP video happened in a third world country. Unless you consider Venezuela part of the first world. In fact, it's probably a developing nation. But that's besides the point.

My point, is are you letting your society deteriorate to the point that as soon as someone approaches you, you have to draw a gun on them.

My other point, was that in this case yes, the biz owner was quick as shize to counteract the would be robber. But most people aren't. And the reason he is on hyperalert is probably due to the fact that happens daily where he is.

So I ask again, do you want to live in a third world country?

TO NOTE: I am adamantly against gun violence. I do support cases like this where people defend themselves. Also, I was trained as a marksman, sport shooter as a kid. I haven't touched a gun in 15 years however. I have no need for them, I live in the city and I'm not into the sport anymore.

I don't really want a ton of people untrained carrying around guns. And I know, if I were "to be a criminal" about it, I'm sure my handling skills would out do 99% of people who simply went out to purchase a gun, or even had some training. When you are taught at an early age, they become an extension of you, and hopefully you learn to respect their destructiveness.

Again, I'm also not against the 2nd amendment... But simply carrying around guns because you think you are gonna out shoot a robber, murderer, whoever... Is such a silly idea.

You don't know who's on the other end of the gun.

If it's the third world, you probably don't have a choice. In civilized society, you should have one.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   

I guessed Mexico purely based on the words "Entrada"...oops, isnt the end of the world i was mistaken.

Venezuela.

Mexico is not the only Spanish speaking country in the world.

Carjacking Fail with Deadly Retaliation Caught on CCTV in Caracas, Venezuela

Music to the ears of gun snackbarists – # yeah!

A business owner had just closed his shop for the day and got in his Jeep SUV when a pair of would be carjackers sneaked up on him and threatened him with a gun. But the driver responded by pulling out a real gun and retaliating with real fire, gunning one of the criminals down, although the other one managed to escape – for now.

This was definitely a righteous use of a firearm and it lead to a permanent removal of a scumbag the world is better off without. The only question is – did the would be carjacker sport a toy gun? Cause he had an advantage of surprise and had his gun in the driver’s face. The fact that the driver was able to, within the confined space of his vehicle, dig his own weapon out, cock it, take the safety off and fire tells me that the assailant did not wield any actual firepower. If the carjacker’s gun was real, then perhaps it wasn’t loaded?

Great to see instant justice delivered without trial. The carjackers clearly picked their victim ahead of time, knew when roughly he would be getting out of his business and into his car, waited around for that very moment and struck as soon as he was inside the vehicle, but has not have it started yet. Props to the victim for being able to draw his weapon and use it efficiently under pressure and the threat of violence within seconds.

I will not link the site because I think it goes against t&c, you will have to search...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Venezuela. Mexico is not the only Spanish speaking country in the world.

My point, is are you letting your society deteriorate to the point that as soon as someone approaches you, you have to draw a gun on them.

Why would you draw a gun on someone for no reason? If someone is trying to rob or kill you, then yes i would draw a gun on them, but if someone was asking me the time or for directions...no i wouldnt.

So I ask again, do you want to live in a third world country?

Has the USA become a third world country? If yes then fair enough, if not...i dont understand your point. (Im not from the US)

You don't know who's on the other end of the gun.

EXACTLY!!! Thats a pretty good deterrent is it not?

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Why would you draw a gun on someone for no reason? If someone is trying to rob or kill you, then yes i would draw a gun on them, but if someone was asking me the time or for directions...no i wouldnt.

How many seconds was that gun in the drivers face? I am saying the only reason that happened was because he was expecting it.

And I already said, as someone trained in firearms handling, I could fire a shot on you long before you could draw your gun. Although I would never do that.

Therefore, the most important thing is why it happened in the first place. For this one story of success, I'm sure you can find ten other where the victim didn't pull their gun out in time, or them pulling their gun out cause them to be shot.

If you fail to see this in my copious posts in this thread, it's entirely lost on you.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:42 AM
link   

EXACTLY!!! Thats a pretty good deterrent is it not?

It's also a good reason for criminals just to shoot first, ask questions later. If they are desperate enough to rob someone, just gun 'em down and don't worry if they are gonna fight back.

You seem to forget thousands of years of our history. The "wild west", the drastic times where people would simple cut each other down for possessions.

When it gets to that, you're not living in civilized society.

If criminals feel the only chance of survival they have is just to cut down the driver of the car they're stealing, don't think that won't happen.

Unfortunately, there is no era in our history void of crime.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
While it's awesome the would-be carjacker got plugged, it was still a pretty dumb move. The thief had his gun trained right on him. Is the car really worth your life? The car can be replaced...resurrection on the other hand....

He's just lucky the jacker didn't seem to realize the danger when he was able to get the gun and fire first.

I just love the guy who casually strolls by, seeing this guy train a gun on a downed man, like he sees this kind of thing every day...

Dude that's a cop that was behind the guy, Turned the corner and ran.

That, I get...bullets were flying. But why didn't he come back when the perp was on the ground???
edit on 17-5-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

join