It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness protection lost track of 2 terror suspects

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Witness protection lost track of 2 terror suspects

thelead. blogs.cnn.com

The U.S. Marshals Service was "unable to locate" two former participants in the Witness Security Program "identified as known or suspected terrorists," according to a report obtained by CNN.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"The Marshals Service has concluded that “one individual was and the other individual was believed to be residing outside of the United States,” according to the summary."

"Unable to locate"... What do we pay these guys for? Did the feds drop the ball yet again as they did with missing the extremist ties with the oldest Tsarnaev brother?

thelead. blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Rulkiewicz

Unable to locate and lost are two totally different things.....

Sounds to me they were paid off so they "weren't able to locate" these terrorist suspects....

Notice the wording, the keys are there for us to see

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Perhaps we should ask why two terrorists, important enough to worry about losing track of, were pampered and protected in a program like Witness Security to begin with? I think they're all playing real fast and loose with how the programs are being used to benefit people who have absolutely no business seeing any benefit from our system...at any level.

Somehow, it just won't shock me to hear these are the next to do something or be related to it somehow. That would figure. More of our enemy, hugged and made comfy, so they can figure new ways to kill us. It's a hell of a way to run a war. Maybe it's really time to end this nonsense, entirely and permanently. If the Feds can't be trusted with all this power they have, they need not have it to begin with.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Reading my mind Wrabbit! I was thinking the same thing~

I thought the witness protection program was to protect victims not terrorists~

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Likely the program was used to coerce cooperation or testimony from a couple of guys connected to terrorism.

Funny to think about this little tidbit; If we can't torture them for information and we can't offer them "witness protection", what do we as a nation do?

My first thoughts are towards pulling out of the Middle East as a nation, as an army and as an importer or exporter of goods. Let them fend for themselves like they have for thousands of years. Personally I could care less for a Sunni or a Shiite than I do a Catholic or a Protestant. Why? Despite despising religion, at least the Catholics and the Protestants are doing a decent job of getting along lately...... Muslims? not so much.......

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
It's good to know none of us here on ATS would be welcomed to join the Witness Protection Program in the event our lives were in immediate danger, however, people with alleged ties to terrorism are thrown in and coincidentally become lost or misplaced by the Federal Govt

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkYouSpeak
It's good to know none of us here on ATS would be welcomed to join the Witness Protection Program in the event our lives were in immediate danger, however, people with alleged ties to terrorism are thrown in and coincidentally become lost or misplaced by the Federal Govt

"Now where did I put those keys.... now where did I put those 2 terrorists..."
edit on 16-5-2013 by Rulkiewicz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I can almost see how this happened

Terrorist is arrested. In walks an FBI agent looking like something out of the matrix and the following conversation ensues.

FBI: We know everything about you..... want to be a double agent

Terrorist: sure

FBI: OK we'll get you out of this cell. we will just walk you out of here under "witness protection." from here you'll infiltrate AQ.

Yah I think I found the two guys, there called the Boston Bombers. oh wait, I guess that was two other terrorists. Makes you wonder just who is driving this Titanic

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   

What makes a "terrorist" these days? If it's just speaking out and protesting government policies, then I'd say there's a few million "terrorists" all over the globe, it's no wonder they lost these ones

edit on 16-5-2013 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:43 AM
link   

People are immediately thinking these guys disappeared and may be plotting something. What if the people they were being protected from found them.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by sulaw
I thought the witness protection program was to protect victims not terrorists~

My guess is they turned people in higher up the terrorist organisation, in return for protection.

If they're missing they might have been offed for the snitching?

edit on 5/17/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join