It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghosts: Mirrors and Windows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Here's my thoughts on why Mirrors and Windows seem to show ghostly apparitions when the naked eye cannot,

I think that when you pass your spirit moves on to a higher plane/dimension which it just a higher vibration/ frequency rate then our own. We live in the same space yet the different vibration / frequency keeps us from seeing them.
I think that at times the vibration/ frequency is slowed when passing thru the Mirror / Window medium which then allows then to be viewed. So I came up with a invention that may slow the vibration/ frequency rate even more there by allowing viewing of the higher plane/dimension. I haven't tried it yet but feel free to try this experiment yourselves.
Please post your thoughts and or results.. Thanks

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RocksFromSpace

damn this actually sounds like a good idea..

but i dont think i will be trying it anytime soon,when it comes to ghosts and spirits i tend to leave that stuff alone, because i dont want to be a "lighthouse" for any disembodied mal intention spirits floating around

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ooYODAoo

damn this actually sounds like a good idea..

but i dont think i will be trying it anytime soon,when it comes to ghosts and spirits i tend to leave that stuff alone, because i dont want to be a "lighthouse" for any disembodied mal intention spirits floating around

Thanks, I know your concern but for me curiosity overrides my fear at times... some day I may pay for that..LOL

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Clever. I wish I knew more about physics to know if your theory holds water. Do "vibrations" slow with reflection? What we see is light - which is both wave and particle.... and if we get talking about the quantum mechanics of all of this, my brain might explode. (Seriously, whenever I read book on quantum mechanics I feel like I'm stoned.
)

This reminds me of the Scole Experiment. They were (allegedly) instructed by spirit to to set up a video tape feed that was kinda-sorta similar to your idea here.

The video experiments began in May 1997, and were dubbed "Project Alice" because they involved an arrangement of mirrors before a camera "to capture moving images sent from the spirit world," write the Solomon's. (Mirrors have long been used as an aid to receiving visions from other realms. John Dee's obsidian mirror, used by his scryer Edward Kelly in his Enochian work, is on display in the British Museum.)

For most of the experiments, the camera sat on its tripod in the dark positioned before two mirrors. At the end of the sessions the team often saw that the camera had repeatedly and impossibly zoomed in and out on its own accord, and the tapes contained weird scenes, smiling faces, vibrant colours and hints of body parts moving across the screen in a red light. One tape showed a pink and gold line running horizontally down the screen, which pivoted to reveal it was a square shape on edge. As it rotated, it was seen to contain an image. According to the Scole team, "this was a very clear view of an animated inter-dimensional friend, whose features, to say the least, were not exactly as our own." They called their new friend "Blue." His screen capture is the classic "grey alien" on the top left of this post. The pyramids on the right is from another spirit transmission, presumably some etheric vista.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i was going to post something about mirrors i must be psychic lol. mirrors really creep me out especially old ones.

the first thing i thought of was the scole experiments.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

I hope you try this experiment and get back to us on what happens.

It is an interesting theory.

I have never seen a ghost in a mirror, but once I did see a much older version of myself looking back at me with crazy eyes..

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Sounds similar to the mirror box Joshua P Warren creates. A cube of mirrors all pointing in at themselves. He claims all sorts of creepy things happen with them.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
mirrors are creepy things, always feel as if your being watched

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by VegHead

Light waves that are refracted when they enter the glass of the mirror slow down then reflect off the mirrored surface and travel out again to the surface. They also change their directional angle when entering materials with different refraction indexes. Some waves reflect off the surface of the glass instead of going through it. I think this would make slight phase shifts when viewing something through a mirror or through many mirrors between the waves that refract and those that reflect. The OPs idea is interesting, but the light waves as the exit the glass are again going the speed of light same as the reflected waves, just a little out of phase with them. I guess you could potentially get some kind of effect by using many mirrors and thereby increasing this phase difference. Interesting idea...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 01:27 AM
link   
Very interesting idea.. I've never really thought about the significance of manipulating light waves. S+F

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   
i was thinking if you set mirrors like that with a camera, i think the image
becomes too small to see, or hard to tell, you know how mirrors are
when you look at them from afar, and now distancing a couple of them.
I duno if itll work. Funny experiment would be like those
circus attractions, house of mirrors lols.
edit on 18-5-2013 by aerial because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 10:33 PM
link   

Ok you lost me by frequency are you talking about the time it takes the photon to travel? Heres what I mean in light a color change is a different frequency filters are used to say see infrared or block others. You can also use electrical currents but bouncing light off mirrors nothing changes unless you mean the time it takes the light to travel though mind you at the speed of light you wouldn't be hard pressed to measure the difference if those mirrors are close to each other. Now glass can be used to slow light down there you could also play with frequencies by using colored glass. So i guess what would be better is to have the camera looking through panes of glass maybe???
edit on 5/18/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

top topics

join