It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whose tech is better: 'Star Trek' or 'Star Wars'?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I did not read the entire thread yet guys, sorry, this is rare fo me, I hardly ever comment without knowing the direction of things, but as of page 2 I see most are not very versed in the star wars universe.

I have read almost every one of the over 150 books in the star wars universe.

And almost every star trek book, and have watched almost every episode of star trek.

Ok here it is from my POV.

Star wars has several super weapons, that are not known unless one is emersed in the saga.

One being center point station, it created the corellian star system, it moved the sun and all 5 planets there, it is capable of making a star go nova, of creating controlling and moving black hole massed objects, it can even make a interdictor field ( stop every ship in its radius from using warp) the size of several star systems at least, it can project an energy beam capable of vaporizing at least several star systems at once, and has several other impressive abilities.

This is not counting the star forge......its name says enough about its power.

The race the yuzhaan vong, which conquered and controlled the whole of their galaxy and then invaded the star wars galaxy.

They are the biological equivilent of the borg, all their tech is alive, ships, weapons clothes etc..

They are master genetisists, and can easily use a shaper versed in the 7th cortex to shape on demand any biological creature to they whim.

They can mind control even jedi, they have armoers and weapons that a light saber can cut, called voduum crabs armor, and an animal called an ooglith masker that can make them apear to be anyone, even allowing them to survive in space.

Too much to tell about them, you will have to read up to for hours to even scratch the serface.

The sith....ya, they make the wussy jedi look like mr rogers.

They have many ancient techs that can wipe all life off entire planets in hours by stealing their life force called harvesters.

As you can tell I know a lot about this stuff.

Sadly, star wars gets pwned, it would be the equivalent of the description of mans fight against the aliens in battle field earth.

Star wars universe would make the fight last mere hours at best against star trek.

Species 8472 alone is too brutal to imagine, not mentioning, star trek uses navigational shields that could repel the death stars main weapon, that isn't even actual combat shields, that is navigational shields, used to repel micro meteor and dust at light speed travel.

The Q would not fight, the continuum would not allow his interference, but it wouldn't matter.

The federation alone would pwn the entire star trek universe.

I wish it wasn't so, but there it is.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

You make a good arguement about the eclipse class SSD, but its single axial lazer cannon cannot even destroy a world, it could crack the crust and devistate the environment, but there are plenty of ways to fix it.

The borg have technology to travel across the galaxy almost instantly, it is called trans warp.

Star wars still takes time to travel, it takes weeks to cross the galaxy in the star wars universe.

Star wars does have "shields" they have deflector screens that are projected and angled to deflect incoming fires.it is more like a pane of glass covering only certain areas. They can lose only one and have the others still work.

Star trek has a true shield like a bubble, that either holds or fails enmass.

Planetary shields in starwars are not fool proof, and can only work so long, as every hit has to disapate heat, just like the energy transfer of brakes on a car, they turn kinetic energy into heat energy.

If a planet is bombarded long enough the planets atmospheric temp will climb higher than life can stand, if it doesn't blow out first.

Just a couple of issues with your theory.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by GazrokIt's all fictional magic, no matter how you slice it.

You hush your mouth

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Omg THRAWN.........I was waiting for some one to play that card.....pound for pound, by far the most useful and intelligent strategist in the existance of all universes.

Thrawn is the equivalent of chuck norris, in a litteral sense.

He once defeated a fleet with superior numbers , and weapons, while outnumbered severely, and only fired a couple of shots.

Let's say Tsun Tzu and Chuck Norris had a kidN Thrawn would spank said child without even getting out of the chair or putting his beer down, by tricking both of them into spanking themselves without even realizing it was happening until it was over.

Touche ....very well played sir!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Hmm it seems like Star Trek and Star Wars have been interchanged in some sentences. Maybe i'm wrong.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Trekies! Star Wars Junkies alike! I can hear this debate happening in Heaven until the end of time! This the clash of the techies!

But in all honesty.... I'll take both... I'll call it "Star Trek Wars" ftw! I want my cake and I'll eat it too! Num nums~

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

I'll call it "Star Trek Wars" ftw!

Ah sir! but you put "Trek" in front of "Wars" thus you lean to one side more!

You have been labelled!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Correction to the bottom of my first post...

The federation alone could pwn the entire star wars universe.

Star wars is a very fun and cool story line, but their main center theme is the power of the one, jedi always save the galaxy by themselves.

A light sabre cannot deflect ship borne weapons. They would burn them like a match stick in a bon fire.

Star trek weapons all travel at light speed...fazers lasers and all the beam weapons.

Star wars weapons travel slowly, as one can watch them fly, jedi reflexes are faster than a bullet, but no where near faster than light.

Star wars has by and large the funner weapons and the most colorful story line spanning many tens of thousands of years.

Star trek is more reality based, if you don't count Q.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the guardian of the umpa or whatever nelix wife's race was, his kind are all but imortal, and are trans demensional, bringing the voyager to the delta quadrant in mere moments from the alpha quadrant. As well as possessing technology that borders on magical in comparisson to the federation or borg tech.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Agree

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Star trek weapons all travel at light speed...fazers lasers and all the beam weapons.

Star wars weapons travel slowly, as one can watch them fly, jedi reflexes are faster than a bullet, but no where near faster than light.

You could see them fly in Star Trek too, for the same reason....it was entertainment, and it makes for better visual entertainment. Lasers travel at light speed too, of course.

The other arguments have gone back and forth between Trekkers and Star Wars fans for ages, and likely never will end. To try and bring "reality" into the argument is crazy, as both are based on fantasy ideas of science that depend on technology that is no different than magic given our current understanding of physics. Personally, I just enjoy being a fan of both franchises.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Ohhhhh noooo! Well..... Now.... You must have used the "Force" to figure me out.... ***Set's laser to stun***

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sulaw

OMG "Star" Blashphemy!!!
Its Phaser! "Set Phaser to Stun!!"

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I can't believe Im such a nerd that I know way too much about both these universes...

Just wanted to settled a point, SW "Lasers" Arn't lasers at all, its more of a super heated energized plasma gas, that's what cloud city mined in Empire Strikes Back.

you know like the plasma the sun is made out of, those are the concentrated blast they would be dealing with from the SW universe, heat and energy compressed at that level. (that's why SW shielding seemed so finicky in the movies, they where compensating with getting hit by concentrated plasma.)

Theres also thermal detonators, hand held grenades with the force of a photon torpedo at least.

The main thing ST has over SW would be resources, they could crank out war material endlessly with the way their economy works.

Probably be a war of attrition until ST resources overwhelmed SW traditional economy.
edit on 16-5-2013 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The Q´s from Star Trek are gods.. they would just end George Lucas by snipping fingers
And if that's not enough for you, in Star Trek there are ships that can travel in time
So that would make Star Trek ALWAYS have the ability to bring up better tech from the future

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

And that's how you know i'm not a Star Trek junkie.... I had to use reverse Force psychology on you
May the shwarts be witchya~

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Oh, and yes, the Vong are pretty damn powerful. They were an interesting villain in the SW universe, the best since Thrawn. I think they are TOO alien though, to be useful in movies, but who knows?

Tibanna gas is the material someone above mentioned, processed in Cloud City.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Star Wars uses 'the Force'; Star Trek uses brute force!!!

Kirk would whup some Jedi Ayuss!

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

2nd.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:20 PM
link   
the SW side would just sit and wait till the ST side's holodeck goes all broken and causes an internal threat. as is very likely to happen at any moment.

posted on May, 16 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
you guys are turning this into a SW vs ST fight

well... for me... all magic, borg-eat-jedi apart, SW is like finding a 500.000 years FTL able alien spaceship with all the records of a very advanced past civilization. and although more advanced, there are details such as design, wear, and something about the mechanics of it all that despite the fact that can do things that we cannot, they feel primitive - its like we look at it and we ask "how the hell could they do these things... with this piece of junk?" while ST is future-future... with state of art technology recognizable just by looking at it, you dont even need to be a rocket scientist to go "wow that is something!"

Starwars: The Wright Brothers "plane". - "no really... did he really fly 24 miles in 1904... on that thing?"
Star Trek: The B2 bomber. "mommy..."

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join