It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Claim: Obama Campaign Co-Chair Attacked Romney with Leaked IRS Docs

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:38 AM
link   

One of President Barack Obama's re-election campaign co-chairmen used a leaked document from the IRS to attack GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney during the 2012 election, according to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM).
NOM, a pro-traditional marriage organization, claims the IRS leaked their 2008 confidential financial documents to the rival Human Rights Campaign. Those NOM documents were published on the Huffington Post on March 30, 2012. At that time, Joe Solmonese, a left-wing activist and Huffington Post contributor, was the president of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). Solmonese was also a 2012 Obama campaign co-chairman.
Both the Huffington Post's Sam Stein and HRC described the leak as coming from a “whistleblower.” The Huffington Post used the document to write a story questioning former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s support for traditional marriage. The document showed Romney donated $10,000 to NOM. HRC went a step further than the Huffington Post in its criticism of Romney and accused him of using “racially divisive tactics” in a press release.

Source

If this true someone is going to jail. The IRS leaked documents to groups so they could attack his RNC opponents. I personally wouldn't put it past either side to do this if given half a chance, but it still bothers me.

Yet another reason Political Parties need to go the way of the dinosaur. Maybe people would start thinking for themselves again.

Drip, drip, drip anyone?
edit on 15-5-2013 by thesungod because: added last line

edit on Wed May 15 2013 by DontTreadOnMe because: ALL CAPS IN TITLE removed

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Obama, possible the largest crook in presidential history. Who voted for this guy?

Heres your Hope and Change

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:59 AM
link   
lol.... Obama? The largest crook in recent history! I'll buy that. Except for the one before him...and the one before that.

He's just the most recent in a string of liars, cheats and scumbags. Maybe this time, people get pissed enough to DO something about it and hold some people to account for their actions. I doubt it...and even fools like this OP is specifically about, won't likely see jail time over it. Ask Wesley Snipes how the IRS is to work with, when they believe someone ELSE has done something wrong. Oh.but use them like a personal play toy, against all laws, and I'll bet nothing of note comes of this ...in a REAL way..in the end. All flash, no show.

I'd love to be proven wrong...but this is the new world! Everyone is to blame, so no one specific is to be punished. That's the way of things in our reality now.

edit on 15-5-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You guys im sure that obama had no clue about this, and is finding out right now just like us. Just joking im sure you see my point.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I'll keep my hope and change, thank you. You can keep your retrograde despair.

BTW, I don't need an external source of hope I have plenty. I can visualize a situation better than the one today. Really, it's that easy.

I also have a decent memory and I can read so I'm not making baseless claims that Obama is the biggest crook of all time. Maybe history will reveal that? But as of right now, he's got a long way to go to catch GWB and tricky dick. These are the guys that started a $3T war on trumped up lies and borrowed money.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by thesungod

One of President Barack Obama's re-election campaign co-chairmen used a leaked document from the IRS to attack GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney during the 2012 election, according to the National Organization for Marriage (NOM).
NOM, a pro-traditional marriage organization, claims the IRS leaked their 2008 confidential financial documents to the rival Human Rights Campaign. Those NOM documents were published on the Huffington Post on March 30, 2012. At that time, Joe Solmonese, a left-wing activist and Huffington Post contributor, was the president of the Human Rights Campaign (HRC). Solmonese was also a 2012 Obama campaign co-chairman.
Both the Huffington Post's Sam Stein and HRC described the leak as coming from a “whistleblower.” The Huffington Post used the document to write a story questioning former Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney’s support for traditional marriage. The document showed Romney donated $10,000 to NOM. HRC went a step further than the Huffington Post in its criticism of Romney and accused him of using “racially divisive tactics” in a press release.

Source

If this true someone is going to jail. The IRS leaked documents to groups so they could attack his RNC opponents. I personally wouldn't put it past either side to do this if given half a chance, but it still bothers me.

Yet another reason Political Parties need to go the way of the dinosaur. Maybe people would start thinking for themselves again.

Drip, drip, drip anyone?

You must be new to Breitbart because it's not true. The IRS didn't leak documents to anyone they came from a Alabama based PAC that had released their campaign paperwork. And this is what was said about Romney.
Mitt Romney Fuels NOM’s Divisive Racial Tactics

“Mitt Romney must be held to account. You can’t at one point say you’ll be better for gays than Ted Kennedy and then turn around and fund one of the most divisive, far-right strategies ever devised to deny rights to gay people,” said Solmonese.

And it's a true statement. NOM has been busted before by Maine Ethics Commission.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by thesungod

Not sure if the story is true, but the IRS needs to be "audited". At the end of the day they are run by human beings...so I suspect a political party that declares one of it's pillar ideals to hack down, cut and shrink the IRS would garner some agressive attention. But that is not an excuse, the IRS should behave like grown-ups and be entirely non-partisan and seperate from the political madness. They need to be thoroughly slapped down, folks fired...and an example set.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Not sure if the story is true, but the IRS needs to be "audited". At the end of the day they are run by human beings...so I suspect a political party that declares one of it's pillar ideals to hack down, cut and shrink the IRS would garner some agressive attention. But that is not an excuse, the IRS should behave like grown-ups and be entirely non-partisan and seperate from the political madness. They need to be thoroughly slapped down, folks fired...and an example set.

Lol its not true. Its from breitbart and its a "claim".

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:22 AM
link   

I could not agree more about political parties. They are not good for the average American. They need to be put down like the mad dogs they are.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Originally posted by thesungod

Source

Drip, drip, drip anyone?

You must be new to Breitbart because it's not true. The IRS didn't leak documents to anyone they came from a Alabama based PAC that had released their campaign paperwork. And this is what was said about Romney.
Mitt Romney Fuels NOM’s Divisive Racial Tactics

“Mitt Romney must be held to account. You can’t at one point say you’ll be better for gays than Ted Kennedy and then turn around and fund one of the most divisive, far-right strategies ever devised to deny rights to gay people,” said Solmonese.

And it's a true statement. NOM has been busted before by Maine Ethics Commission.

Buster2010...Your assertion is disputed. The document you mentioned above quite possibly may have come from an IRS leak, contrary to claims otherwise. Supposedly, it was modified in an attempt to obscure its source.

The document on the left is as it appeared when published by the Huffington Post. However, that document was modified in a failed attempt to obscure its source. There is a label visibly obscuring a portion of each page, and it was determined that information on the top of each page was also obscured in the version posted on the Huffington Post.

After software removed the layers obscuring the document, it is shown that the document came from the Internal Revenue Service. The top of each page says, ""THIS IS A COPY OF A LIVE RETURN FROM SMIPS. OFFICIAL USE ONLY." On each page of the return is stamped a document ID of "100560209." Only the IRS would have the Form 990 with "Official Use" information.

edit on 15-5-2013 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Let me clarify my above post. Here is the other side of your claim, Buster2010:

Even IF there were docs from the Alabama-based PAC, they were not what was initially used. It WAS leaked info from the IRS that was used (illegally I might add) and there was an effort to obscure the source by both HRC and possibly Huffington Post.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Remember, the IRS is the agency chosen to administer ObamaCare. The possibilities should scare you to death!

Can you imagine if one of these liberal-biased power-hungry bureaucrats had had access to Romney's medical file with something possibly highly sensitive in it!!

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   
HHHMMMM, well "wrabbit2000" your comments in the 'Occupy St Louis' blog shows your liberal bias...

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 03:56 PM
link   

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Ok I got the goods on this now. Looks like we have another killed thread, so sorry OP.
I had to tell you in my excitement. BRB shortly to edit this post.

OK I am back. It appears that a whistleblower, if that's what you want to call them (I say criminal), released the below mentioned tax form. This tax form was not public before it was released to the news.

Records filed by Romney's Free and Strong America PAC with the Federal Election Commission did not include details of that $10,000 donation. Nor did NOM's public 990 form.

In fact, record of the payment was only uncovered Friday when the pro-gay rights Human Rights Campaign was sent a private IRS filing from NOM via a whistleblower. The Human Rights Campaign shared the filing with The Huffington Post.

Mitt Romney's PAC Funded Anti-Gay Marriage Group Under The Radar

Evidence: This form was not available to anyone but the IRS prior to this leak. These are photos of a NOM tax form that I downloaded off the internet. I repeat this is freely available on the internet and is not private as of the day it was published that is. Circled in red is the donation made by Romney.

edit on 17-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Well, what do you say folks? Opinions would be very much appretiated.

Anyways, I would like to know where the heck that tax form came from? Who would be able to get their hands on someones tax form? Obviously it wasn't NOM since they wanted Romneys donations. I think this is something that needs to be found out.

Was this perhaps another "accidental" mailing? I can bet your sweet bottom dollar that this was grata of the IRS.

edit on 17-5-2013 by elouina because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by daveinats

You'll have to tell me what blog you're talking about in terms of showing liberal bias. The liberals here would be shocked to hear about it, I'm sure. It's interesting OccupySTL comes up tho.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

So what do you think about the evidence I have brought forth? I have always liked what you have to say.
I feel the fact that a private IRS form was used against Romney proves that the IRS had a hand in this. And if the government does nothing about this, the lawsuit will take care of that. Unless they settle with a gag clause.

posted on May, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Well, do you have anything to say then? Anyone? I went through a lot of effort to bring something useful into the conversation. Then, the thread died. :
I feel so all alone here...

posted on May, 18 2013 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It's not that your contribution wasn't valuable. At least, speaking for myself, it's very valuable. It's simply too valuable, in fact and I've been trying to ignore it as the elephant standing on the ruins of the priceless coffee table in the room.

If the IRS deliberately and by political motive, leaked legally protected documents to impact a political race at a crucial point ...one might want to stop and ask how much this was done in other ways. If one got to finding too much of it, a system built on law would actually come to see a problem with outcomes, so to speak. I'm not sure it's a direction I much want to mentally pursue. A bad place...given time and events it would necessarily change. I just think it goes down real dark paths in a hurry.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join