It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Republican wants to draft all males over 17 in large militia

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by votan

Well, yes. You got me there. I guess everyone is human and is prone to making mistakes. I just wanted a more righteous group of people who would defend themselves and others from corrupted people.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Senator Conscript already is getting the paperwork ready so his relatives are exempt.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
reply to post by Phoenix267

no problem,
i have no problem with states having a militia, that the Governors commands and that the state arms.
i would even go as far as to let the states have air force and navy that is militias. that are as well funded as the feds.
that way they wouldn't be beholden to the fed to let them call out the national guard.

I would be all for this too if it is for defending states rights from an intrusive federal government.
If its only existence is to keep people in line or attack their own citizens re terrorists, then i am not for it. It would fall in line with obamas wishes to have a citizens army.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:41 PM
link   
This is just a loop hole. If everyone in the state is in the militia. Then the logic is that the state can say to the Feds, there cannot be Federal gun control, because you cannot regulate the state militia.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Militias will cut and run when faced with superior military firepower.

Seriously, are people in SC that goddamn stupid at this point?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by jacobe001

If it creates more dummies that get picked up by the feds, then go for it.

Why doesn't SC just secede already? Their level of stupidity isn't needed.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by VaterOrlaag

And YOUR level of training would be?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Nothing.

Because I'm not a paranoid gun nut that lives out in the woods and subsists on dried fruits and nuts while riding out the eventually downfall of the U.S (which has been postponed too many times to count).

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag

For the sake of discussion would you mind posting some evidence for your statement about militias

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

It's much more entertaining to watch these wanna-be militias try and fail against the Feds.

Slow news day.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:48 PM
link   
[duplicate post]
edit on 14-5-2013 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

It's much more entertaining to watch these wanna-be militias try and fail against the Feds.

Slow news day.

Can I take that to mean that you are a member of the military?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Are you slow?

I posted above that I have no training and I have nothing to gain from lying about such a thing.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

Are you slow?

I posted above that I have no training and I have nothing to gain from lying about such a thing.

Are you now or have you ever been a member of a militia?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Illinois already has something like that in our constitution. Every able bodied male between the age of 18 and 43 are considered part of the unorganized militia and can be called upon by the governor.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001

no problem,
i have no problem with states having a militia, that the Governors commands and that the state arms.
i would even go as far as to let the states have air force and navy that is militias. that are as well funded as the feds.
that way they wouldn't be beholden to the fed to let them call out the national guard.

I would be all for this too if it is for defending states rights from an intrusive federal government.
If its only existence is to keep people in line or attack their own citizens re terrorists, then i am not for it. It would fall in line with obamas wishes to have a citizens army.

that's the way fell about it to, to be like the intent of the second amendment was. if you read the personal papers and writing of the founders, it is plain to see that they feared a tyrannical federal government, and wanted the US army to be small and the states have militias to call out. well you see what happened.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1

reply to post by hotel1

Are you slow?

Are you now or have you ever been a member of a militia?

I go back to my original request for evidence to back up your statement about militias. The Taliban could be considered a militia in their own country and they don't appear to have backed down or runaway in the face of superior military force. See also the IRA, ETA, Barder Meinhoff, and dare I say the War of Independance.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

you forgot charlie, the viet cong. them fellas didn't have a pot to piss in. and yet they brought the mightiest military to almost a complete stop.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

What do you base that on?

Certainly not the revolutionary or civil war.

As far as not being able to deal with superior firepower, more recently the Afghans and North Vietnamese didn't seem to have a problem doing it.

edit on 14-5-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

reply to post by hotel1

you forgot charlie, the viet cong. them fellas didn't have a pot to piss in. and yet they brought the mightiest military to almost a complete stop.

The point you make underscores the point I have tried to make, but as yet the poster that disagrees has brought no evidence to the discussion that supports the view they are advocating.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join