It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Carolina Republican wants to draft all males over 17 in large militia

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:51 PM
link   
The Swiss are a bad example. The Swiss military knows they need to get rid of the bloated militia system and instead have much smaller professional force. This is something of course the most modern militarys know and strive for. The problem in Switzerland is the militia has been a long tradition. So what you will find is every few years the size of militia shrinks while the number of professional soldiers increases. They do not have the political support to do it quickly like most of Europe has so they do it a little at a time. However, you can see what the overall goal is. The sad fact is large conscripted or milita based militaries can not stand on a modern battle field.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   
If I was a mother there, I'd be telling him he will be arrested personally by me every day of his life if he even speaks in public again.

We will never give into darth vader or his corps anywhere in the world at any moment or any time and I do believe people need to really give them verbal whippings.

One of my ancestors, a teacher in the US, and a peace activist, my grandfathers uncle, went to prison for not ever joining the war, and he remains a hero to all of us. I believe in mothers and grandmothers making all the dark side run, and run fast when they show up with their bullhorns! I don't ever yield sovereignity or freedom to little poopie diaper dummy toddlers. Only the very very weak and pitiful need slaves or fascims. They are but tiny tots. And Mom needs to show up!

Please start to stand up for your children. Thats what is needed all over the country on every issue. Its the fascists or your children. Your children had better be winning or you're not good parents.
edit on 14-5-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by redoubt
reply to post by Phoenix267

Sounds logical to me but... I've always been a fan of state militias anyway.

Such would provide basic training for our youth where respect for firearms as well as personal responsibility is instilled during a course of basic training. Secondly, it gives the state and the nation a ready and pretrained body of citizens to answer the call if needed.

Something like a minimum service of 18 months for males and 12 months for females should more than suffice, keeping the active corps limited in size as well as making the expense less than painful. .

I don't know a lot of people who agree with my view on this subject but... it is just an opinion.

So, does that mean depending on the size of ones states militia they could go to war on another state? Hmmm, interesting thought.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I read this and thought it was kind of funny ... in that we are all already part of the Militia ..it called USC Title 10 Sec 311 Subsec B.2 .... its where the Government gets the right to draft you from ... its also sad that he doesnt know this already ..

uscode.house.gov...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
ask any enemy nation why the united states has never been attacked and they'll tell you it's because of its armed populous and we're fighting to keep our guns. what's the real plan?

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by n3mesis
ask any enemy nation why the united states has never been attacked and they'll tell you it's because of its armed populous and we're fighting to keep our guns. what's the real plan?

If the United States has never been attacked, then Pearl Harbor was a false flag.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SQUEALER

Originally posted by n3mesis

If the United States has never been attacked, then Pearl Harbor was a false flag.

touché but what i meant was an actual invasion, foreign enemy soldiers on out land not just planes jacking our navy then rolling out or kamikazes taking aim but technically you're right.

regardless.. i still stand by my remark.

sorta related.. my worst fear is.. what would our own military do in a revolution scenario? cops as well? i kinda have an idea as far as cops go so they scary me more than a us soldier but i worry about both. i like the idea of a militia and things are definitely out of control. i don't know how long it's been common knowledge but i only recently found out about those "102,000 amtrak boxcars with shackles bought by fema", so that along with all the gun stuff.. i am sincerely concerned for what's ahead for us. i can't really accept this as me being "paranoid".

i'd love it if our us military and any police officers that are members here would chime in but i understand if none of them do.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
If you read the personal papers and writing of the founders, it is plain to see that they feared a tyrannical federal government, and wanted the US army to be small and the states have militias to call out. well you see what happened.

E-yup. The 50 United States acted as a balance of power from any one state or authority from taking over control and calling the shots. Kind of like how the markets are supposed to operate as well. To protect us from Fascism, Oligarchy, Plutocracy, and Monopolies as existed in Europe that are forefathers escaped from

The division of power was so spread out and rested in the hands of the citizens that taking control required the cooperation if we the people. So, now we have states that do the federal governments bidding that are now no longer controlled by we the people, but by fascists that talk with not freedom of speech but how much $$$$ they can use to buy their way.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Whenever I read "hey, lets form a militia", I see with my inner eye the following:

Game: Civilization. Unit: Militia. Results: Every other military unit stamps them to the ground without losses.
Game: Command & Conquer, Generals. Unit: Angry Mob (armed with molotov cocktails and guns). Results: Every other military unit stamps them to the ground without losses.

Yeah, sounds like having fun..

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phoenix267

this is very dangerous. on the surface it appears to be pro-gun...until you realize that all these young people will be trained and used, slowly integrated into a psudo-military.

i suppose the thinking is that if they can't take guns, they'll draft everyone who can use them and indoctrinate the hell out of them.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

Its not just the number of guns its the size of the place, to maintain a grip on a country that size would probably require 2-3 billion soldiers making it a worthless target to actually do in a 'boots on the ground' sort of way and imagine trying to get that many people together and you think the military wouldn't notice the worlds largest fleet ever heading towards the states?

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seth Minerva
I read this and thought it was kind of funny ... in that we are all already part of the Militia ..it called USC Title 10 Sec 311 Subsec B.2 .... its where the Government gets the right to draft you from ... its also sad that he doesnt know this already ..

uscode.house.gov...

No the reason you have not been invaded is the 10,000 nukes pointed at its enemys and the fact that most your enemys have had zero projection capabilities.
edit on 15-5-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
reply to post by n3mesis

Adak Island in the Aleutians not a actual invasion on US soil? I bet my grandfather would have said otherwise and that was against the Japaneses, oh and the scout brigades of the AKANG were formed from the members of the Alaska Territorial Guard of WWII which were your "average" citizens drafted by the Governor to defend Alaska.

OP:
Now what is kind of strange is every state in the U.S. is allowed to maintain other troops, that are strictly Title 32 USC - They are called State Defense Forces or in some cases State Guard Reserves - South Carolina already has an established SDF. Several states have them, the newest states to form them or in the process to form them are Arizona and Montana. These "Other Troops" as they are classified by U.S.C., are only commanded by the Governor, they can not be federalized and placed under Title 10 Federal Orders as the National Guard can be. They are paid for by the their respective states, and nothing from the Federal Government. This is how they maintain their Title 32 standings. These are state controlled, federally recognized State forces of the state and for their state. They were created after WWII since the National Guard were federalized and the states were left with nothing to defend themselves with.

Here's a couple of links if your interested:
Wiki
State Guard Association of the United States
State Defense Force.com
Alaska State Defense Force
Georgia State Defense Force
Texas State Guard
New York Guard
California State Guard Reserves
South Carolina State Guard

These are just some.

So him wanting to great a "Militia" for South Carolina is kind of redundant action since they have one already.

Grim
edit on 15/5/2013 by Grimmley because: Broken Link

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

And are those organizations till around???

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok

Originally posted by Seth Minerva

uscode.house.gov...

No the reason you have not been invaded is the 10,000 nukes pointed at its enemys and the fact that most your enemys have had zero projection capabilities.

What was that quote again from the Japanese General, in regards to invading the US near our around the time of WWII??

Can't seem to find it in these pants.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

Yeah because Japan were already in a giant country which had millions armed called CHINA. There was no way they could take another one on.

But the fact is there are no countrys at the moment capable of landing troops on the US shores and thats fact.

I am sure if Iran or North Korea had a fleet of 10 aircraft carriers plus 300 other warships and air force of 5500 airfract that included 5th and 4.5 Gen Aircraft along with advanced drones and no nukes being pointed at them the USA would be in a complety diffrent situation......

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by crazyewok

Your statement was based off the US having nukes as the only deterrent. Now you are changing the standard for which you addressed it.

It is very simple. There were no nuke launching platforms at that period of time. The quote was about how engaging the American Population on its home turf and that the population is well armed.

You tried and you failed.

edit on 15-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If I lived in South Carolina and this thing passed, then I would leave.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by crazyewok

Your statement was based off the US having nukes as the only deterrent. Now you are changing the standard for which you addressed it.

It is very simple. There were no nuke launching platforms at that period of time. The quote was about how engaging the American Population on its home turf and that the population is well armed.

You tried and you failed.

edit on 15-5-2013 by macman because: (no reason given)

Yes but the same could be said about China which took up alot of japans rsources too at that time and even the UK!

Benign gunless Brits were even armed dureing World war 2 with militias like units se up with hidden ammo dumps placed all over Britain with the idea that if the Germnas landed they would support the main army or form resistance groups ect

My point is It wasnt a idea only unique to the USA. It was a factor that any Inavdeing army had to consider.
Especilay if supply lines could be intrupted by a more powerfull Navy.

But now days Nukes coupled with a vast Navy and Airforce are what keep invader away rather than just the Navy and Airforce.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phoenix267

A South Carolina legislator wants the state to have a large militia--so large, in fact, that every person over 17-years-old who can legally buy a gun would become a member if the bill passes.

Every male already becomes a member of the US unorganized militia at 18. It's good that South Carolina may extend that to females for the SC unorganized militia. Equality and all that.

As I read this article I felt this wasn't the best way for people to use guns. That's how I read this article. I feel people should be taught how to use guns and other weapons in a more responsible way; as well have an organized force of people who would have laws and customs where they couldn't make any bad mistakes. A milita would be too difficult to control if the members could easily become corrupted and allow the power they receive to go to their own heads.

I don't think you understand what an unorganized militia is or does. It does nothing. It has no officers or enlisted men. It has no equipment. It has no power or authority. It conducts no training or operations. It's simply a legal categorization, more or less aligned with the pool of potential draftees. In this case, potential manpower for South Carolina's state guard or SDF. Not that such a draft would ever happen. If things get that dire, they'll all be drafted into the US forces, not state forces.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join