It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breathtaking beauty of America's greatest natural wonder:

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Hi guys

I was just perusing and came across this

Now I've never actually been to America but if anything makes me want to come visit it's these two images

You can see more here

LINK

Enjoy the article
Cody

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
The Grand Canyon is definitely on my bucket list, as well as the Painted Desert, cruising the Californian coast, and Yellowstone National Park. The U.S.A. certainly has alot of beauty to behold.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InTheLight

Yeah I'd love to do a road trip one day

Maybe even meet some ATS friends along the way. That would be kinda cool

Cody

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I've been to the Grand Canyon twice, the second time hiking to the bottom and camping out. It is indeed beautiful- but very hot during the day and cold at night. I also visited the Painted Desert and the Petrified Forrest during both trips, as well as the very "campy" Flintstone's Village during my first visit which was during a childhood family trip. There is much beauty in the American desert that is often taken for granted.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
America is the next place i want to go!..what an amazing place
...... Just wondering if im walking around up the mountains will i get eat by grizzly bears and big cats?

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Those are nice pictures. I have never been to the grand canyon.
I have visited the mountains in North carolina, and they were beautiful, super scary driving on a mountain though.

Thanks for these beautiful pictures Cody. take care.

And all you guys over in the uk defo need to come to the states for a visit!!! I would much rather go across the sea to visit all you guys though.

~nat

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Doc pack your bags
we're going to visit Nat

Cody

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by natalia

Better practice cooking a full English breakfast Nat

Doc likes his eggs over easy
Cody

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

I lived in the Negev desert that was pretty special
But nothing compared to what you guys have

Cody

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 01:40 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Hahaha! Nope you guys get an american breakfast!!
Lots of bacon and scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, biscuits with gravy or jelly, or bagels with cream cheese, chocolate chip pancakes ....yumyum!!!

Yes you and doc pack your bags and head on over!!!

-nat

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Hey who needs to pack a bag.. Pair of shorts top off sun blazing thats me!!! I will carry your beer though cody..it may be safe!!.. And nat get that bacon crispy

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Cody if you stop by on your way out west (I'm right on your route) I will cook for you a good old fashioned southern breakfast complete with fried eggs, bacon, sausage/milk gravy over biscuits, smothered potatoes, pancakes and grits with butter- just make sure you have cholesterol medication in hand when you arrive or you might not ever make it any farther!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I must admit. Im a bit confused about the gravy and biscuits!. Not quite sure what they are. But im sure they are nice

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If you are gonna do the Grand Canyon, take at least 1 day to check out Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon. Truly spectacular scenery about 45 min south of Flagstaff...

Check out Arizona Highways online mag...

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheDoctor46
I must admit. Im a bit confused about the gravy and biscuits!. Not quite sure what they are. But im sure they are nice

Nummy nummy in your tummy Amigo!

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by littled16

...wayyyyyyy haha that looks like a winter warmer..I think i would definitely fall asleep after that!..Especially with egg and bacon with it!!...Bring it on

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

Stunning..

I've done the east coast from niagara falls to Miami and everything in between. (Blue ridge parkway was beautiful)

But what surprised me the most was the weather when I was visiting Fort Lauderdale. Now I'm from the Netherlands (tiny country in Europe
) and apparently our thunderstorms are also little because I thought the end of the world was upon us when I experienced a thunderstorm there. I never saw anything like that before, it was crazy!! Weird thing was the locals acted like it was just another cloudy day or something...

Peace

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by natalia
reply to post by cody599

Hahaha! Nope you guys get an american breakfast!!
Lots of bacon and scrambled eggs, hash brown casserole, biscuits with gravy or jelly, or bagels with cream cheese, chocolate chip pancakes ....yumyum!!!

Yes you and doc pack your bags and head on over!!!

-nat

Sounds pretty damn good

Biscuits with gravy

Cody

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Beautiful!

I absolutely love America for the variety of natural beauty it has! I really can't wait to visit some of those places one day.

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by cody599

I think they are just like scones or bread cakes to us English, and they seem to love them with white gravy

I'd probably give it a try.

Oh there's a picture above, how the hell did I miss that?

edit on 14-5-2013 by valiant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join