It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My thoughts on how a war SHOULD be.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NthOther

It's ownership not just control. It just means control over your own life.

It means freedom from the control of others.

Unless we and own and control our resources, in common, then they will continue to be wasted, and used to make a minority extremely wealthy at our expense.

Control does not have to mean force, or authority. Control by a minority is authority, common control by all is not. Maybe a better term would be organise?

edit on 5/13/2013 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Thats an excellent idea but its paradoxical. To put people in the arena of sport like Cobra commander you have to have power.

The people have no power and they will have less.

The only way I see this happening is if there is a "barbarian invasion"

Being there are no barbarians left on earth since we are all "civilized" it would have to be an ET invasion.

Since that won't happen, the Arean of Sport Idea you have won't happen, but it would make a good GI Joe episode.

This was a fun read

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There should be no war.

There should however be a game of say ping-pong or snap between presidents.

Who ever wins the stupid board game or card game wins the war.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
That sounds like a good idea. Currently they have our military fight for their enjoyment and benefit. how about we have it the other way around??

Unlike the current way.. the only time they would combat in an arena is if they have a cause they deem necessary to fight for. They would be more thoughtful when they would fight as they could die for their cause instead of everyone dieing for them.

posted on May, 13 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nevertheless
reply to post by Lingweenie

You do realize that if we could do what you are saying, we'd already have world peace. But with your idea, we'd also introduce barbaric games for your pleasure.
What is worse, wars or your thoughts on games?

We are already living a version of the Hunger Games, people just don't realize it, yet.

As time goes on, though, it will become more and more apparent/obvious, that is the exact direction we are heading.

posted on Jun, 2 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Sadly, this simply falls apart at the very first hurdle.

If I was the single most deadly human being in the world, so outstandingly amazing in combat I'm as fast as Bruce-Lee who can punch as hard as Mike Tyson with the tactical mind of Cassius Clay with the strength of a gorilla which has the strength of 10 bears and I become the president of Burkina Faso and I say "I'd like to annex The United States of America" and I go to Rome and tear the USA's champion to pieces like a starving Dingo in a maternity ward I would totally get my way?

I think that despite my awesome display of martial prowess in the Colosseum, I'd be met with some pretty heft military opposition as soon as I start flying my flag from the white house and make my horse head of state.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join