It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Denmark and Finland upgrade status of Palestine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
www.icenews.is...

Both Denmark and Finland made a bold move last weekend to give further recognition to the Palestinian territories. The fledgling territory will now get an embassy in each respective capital instead of a mission.

The two Nordic countries join a handful of nations outside of the Middle East who treat the Palestinians to full diplomatic status even if the sovereignty of their country is yet to be fully determined.

However, they stressed; ‘It does not entail a formal bilateral recognition of a sovereign Palestinian state.’

“[The aim is] to engage with determination in the necessary negotiations with the Israeli government on a two-state solution,” said Danish Foreign Minister Villy Søvndal and Finnish Foreign Minister Erkki Tuomioja in a joint statement.

“It is important to keep focused on the aim of Palestine becoming a fully recognised state and as such claim its rightful place as part of the international community of states.”

Just a heads up that Palestine has gain 2 more supporters. It's good to see nations outside of the Middle East stepping up and backing Palestine. Maybe one day both Palestine and Israel can come to a peaceful solution and perhaps one day end the violence. Although, in my opinion, as long as Israel exists there will never be peace there because the state of Israel was born out of blood and the Arabs living there will never forgive them, but with enough bloodshed maybe hearts and minds can be changed?

But in any case, Palestine is making positive progress to becoming recognized as a sovereign state one day.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Add one more thing to my list of things to admire those two countries.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

So, Finland and Denmark are anti-semetic??

I kid, I kid!!!
Good to see the Palestinians getting some real support against their oppressors.
US needs to cut off all support to israeli terrorists until they can quit what they're doing, get back within their...original borders, and surrender their wmd's.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Yep, well in Palestine there are 521 movement controls that Palestines have to face. So really what should happen is that Israelis leave the country and instead Palestines allowed to govern themselves. If they are that worried even they should put the Palestinians of there choice incharge at least for a while until trust is gained.

I mean ...its a very controlled area. I guess like a ghetto. So ... these freedoms should be given back.

But hey we dont live in a fairy tale! So we will see...
edit on 12-5-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

This is quite good,
the more countries that recognize Palestine the better it is for Palestinians

before they went to the UN for the Vote, sadly the British foreign minister is a complete cock and fool said Britain would support the Bid only if the Palestinians would put down and agree to not being able to take the Israelis to the UN courts over its continuous construction in the west bank.

not that they needed it as only a handful Voted No and couple abstained

end of the day the more diplomatic ties the Palestinians create and strengthen the better it will be for its future

posted on May, 14 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   
This is very good.

All people deserve respect and dignity.

top topics

join