It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F***** Company trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 04:35 PM
link   
We appear to have a range of posters coming from the site above I think this is their origin...

www.msnbc.com...

RESEARCHERS AT Plymouth University in England reported this week that primates left alone with a computer attacked the machine and failed to produce a single word.
�They pressed a lot of S�s,� researcher Mike Phillips said Friday. �Obviously, English isn�t their first language.�

In a project intended more as performance art than scientific experiment, faculty and students in the university�s media program left a computer in the monkey enclosure at Paignton Zoo in southwest England, home to six Sulawesi crested macaques.

At first, said Phillips, �the lead male got a stone and started bashing the hell out of it.

�Another thing they were interested in was in defecating and urinating all over the keyboard,� added Phillips, who runs the university�s Institute of Digital Arts and Technologies.

Eventually, monkeys Elmo, Gum, Heather, Holly, Mistletoe and Rowan produced five pages of text, composed primarily of the letter S. Later, the letters A, J, L and M crept in.

The notion that monkeys typing at random will eventually produce literature is often attributed to Thomas Huxley, a 19th-century scientist who supported Charles Darwin�s theories of evolution. Mathematicians have also used it to illustrate concepts of chance.

Phillips said the results showed that monkeys �are not random generators. They�re more complex than that.

�They were quite interested in the screen, and they saw that when they typed a letter, something happened. There was a level of intention there.�

[Edited on 13-5-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Well my idea for using 100 monkeys to finish my company reports while I read the boards on ATS are thwarted!!

I'd better get some work done.

Chris

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:09 PM
link   
We got trolled by these guys...

bbs....#edcompany.com/index.cgi?okay=topic_list&board_id=1

Click on the link and make an anon post telling them what we think about them

We can launch our own troll attack!

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Please... don't fall for their lunacy.

These are unemployed dot-com bums, have pitty.

They really don't know much about real life, so go easy.

They don't take criticism well... have a heart. After have $1,000,000,000,000 in stock options, it's tough making latte at Starbucks.

Do unto others... post your opinion, but don't slam their forum, as you would not have them slam ours.

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
yeah, you are right, their forums is just a mess of trolls anyway, so we get lost in the flood.

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Netchicken's right. FC's a mess of nothing except trolls of varying quality at this point. there aren't any mods anymore, so it's anything goes over there. I'm very glad the stupidity leak was quickly contained.

top topics

join