It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You're kidding me...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Check this section out of an MSNBC story.

Bush said he was disappointed that he did not get to share his re-election with his father, former President George H.W. Bush, who left the White House just hours before Sen. John Kerry conceded Wednesday.

�I never got to see him face-to-face to watch his, I guess, pride in his tired eyes as his son got a second term,� he said.

So did your Dad leave because he was tired or because you're a self centered arrogant a$$hole?

[edit on 5-11-2004 by tacitblue]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I guess you have never shared an important event with a member of yourfamily? What importance does this have?

[edit on 5-11-2004 by dcgolf]

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 03:57 AM
link   
I'm guessing he was tired? Who knew how long it would be before he did conced.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by tacitblue
Check this section out of an MSNBC story.

Bush said he was disappointed that he did not get to share his re-election with his father, former President George H.W. Bush, who left the White House just hours before Sen. John Kerry conceded Wednesday.

�I never got to see him face-to-face to watch his, I guess, pride in his tired eyes as his son got a second term,� he said.

So did your Dad leave because he was tired or because you're a self centered arrogant a$$hole?

Perhaps it is because it didn't end until the wee hours of Wednesday morning. I guess that make Bush Sr. a jerk? Nice argument. I'm glad most Americans do not think like you.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Perhaps you didn't read the quote from Bush about his Dad... So here it is again without the top part...

Sorry, I think it is arrogant and disrespectful to cram "pride in his tired eyes." But then again perhaps I don't understand since I don't have a family... I'm a clone.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:05 AM
link   
illegitimate logic for a point of discussion or even notice.

dont attack someone because they show emotion.

IRELLLEVANT = gwb's relationship with his dad!

its wrong to go after anyone for missin their loved ones and bein disappointed.

i must defend gwb's humanity on this one, buddy. and i never thought i would be doin that.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Bush Sr. is a jerk. Well he was a jerk. Look up the name Barry Seal DCGolf, look up Air America/Vietnam, look up Bush/Hinkley... I use the word jerk cause I can't use other more appropriate adjectives, but yeah, Bush Sr. is a jerk.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

... but yeah, Bush Sr. is a jerk.

Like father like son.

i must defend gwb's humanity on this one, buddy. and i never thought i would be doin that.

He is a very moral person with a very close personal relationship to god. I guess I'm going to hell now since I think he is an a$$hole? How dare I think that... But atleast I won't be alone there...

abum.com...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Perhaps you didn't read the quote from Bush about his Dad... So here it is again without the top part...

Sorry, I think it is arrogant and disrespectful to cram "pride in his tired eyes." But then again perhaps I don't understand since I don't have a family... I'm a clone.

Are you saying you wouldn't want your dad close by while you were elected President of The United States?

How is it

disrespectful to cram "pride in his tired eyes?"

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Are you saying you wouldn't want your dad close by while you were elected President of The United States?

What I'm saying is that I wouldn't be disrespectful to my father and cram words in his mouth and emotion in his tired eyes... Perhaps GB Sr. isn't really that proud of junior? But we'll never know will we since W decided to answer for him? Classy. Then again it kind of sums up his respect of pretty much everything... The nation... The world... Everything. He's an a$$hole.

If you can't have respect for your father in front of the nation who do you have respect for? Perhaps only yourself? If so that is terrifying to me.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 04:26 AM
link   

I'm glad most Americans do not think like you.

Apparently a majority don't...

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Apparently a majority don't...

Only 51%.......however in being fair....dubya Sr was probably tired.....he's getting up there in age and he beat me...I had to hit the mattress at 2 am...he made it till 3. My bets would be that he is very proud of his son....he fooled the people into a second term and he himself wasn't that sly.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is everyone on this site a Bush hater? Why? What are you all afraid of? I don't like his policies because he's too liberal. But I do believe he is a good, just, real Hero. I hope he uses this opportunity to crush all that oppose God and freedom.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrHoracid
. I hope he uses this opportunity to crush all that oppose God and freedom.

Yep...spoken like a true Christian!

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 07:44 AM
link   

So did your Dad leave because he was tired or
because you're a self centered arrogant a$$hole?

Bush 41 is an OLD MAN. He was up very late.
There had been a lot going on. Of course he was tired.
Your lack of understanding about families and how
oldsters can get tired is astounding.

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
LadyV, be careful who you point that "chirstian" finger at, I am not a christian. I detest that "term".

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   

LadyV, be careful who you point that "chirstian" finger at, I am not a christian. I detest that "term".

Ya gotta admit...that's the Christian way....believe as I do...or be crushed, burned....::::insert your choice of any number of ways to die::::

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I must admit that is the christian way, that's why I detest the term. Too many "sunday" morning holy types asking for forgivness for saturday nights "sins".

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Ya gotta admit...that's the Christian way....believe as I do...or be crushed, burned....::::insert your choice of any number of ways to die::::

I'm a Christian. Since when have I done any of that to you? Are you seriously making fun of how I have decided to live. I don't "crush" anyone because they have a different point of view. I talk to anyone who wants to listen, but I have never "crushed" anyone for believing differently.

By the way, I thought this about Bush and his dad, not about being a Christian. I would reacted the same way. I love it when I see the "pride in my father's eyes" Most of what I did was to see that emotion. I even enjoyed seeing the "pride" in my father's tired eyes more. It means that he took of his time to be with me and to enjoy my accomplishments. I see no problem with Bush's quote.

top topics

join